[ROM] 31/Dec r0.3: de-softened ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest MrFlanders

Hi again. It seems like the roms i like to flash using clockwork just dont get copied. The kernel update worked, i checked tthat with uname. But it seems like roms dont get installed. How can i check that? Clockwork doewnt install anything and the reboot aftrt "flashing" works too fast.

Guest Rotmann
Great ROM but missing A-GPS settings menu..

Did you flash the latest kernel?

Hi again. It seems like the roms i like to flash using clockwork just dont get copied. The kernel update worked, i checked tthat with uname. But it seems like roms dont get installed. How can i check that? Clockwork doewnt install anything and the reboot aftrt "flashing" works too fast.
S

You have to flash the ROM first and then the kernel update. Use the "flash zip from sdcard" option for this. Look for the ZIP file, select it, press home, select YES and it should flash it about 30 seconds - one minute. Then select back and reboot. If you are coming from another ROM do wipe first.

A facebook sync is available too (stealing all the good stuff from kallt ;) ) by applying this.

@Sebastian404, could we have a final release now that we have the fixes for the remaining problems? Thanks.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest tttonyyy
A facebook sync is available too (stealing all the good stuff from kallt ;) ) by applying this.

Brilliant! Did this and can confirm it works :)

Now I can uninstall that crappy Contapp application I was using previously.

Thanks for posting :D

Guest Rotmann

Thanks for confirming this, glad it helped. Come on Seb, let's get the perfect ROM rolling ;) All fixes available and the Wednesday chinese perfect ROM is out too!

Edited by Rotmann

Guest Sebastian404

Most of my spare time is taken up with something else right now... but there could very well be a r0.4 out later...

assuming I can get my finger out before the perfect rom next wedensday...

Most of my spare time is taken up with something else right now... but there could very well be a r0.4 out later...

assuming I can get my finger out before the perfect rom next wedensday...

Better hurry, the clock is ticking...

Guest Len Ash

Your ROM, with the wpa_supplicant "Wifi fix" is the ONLY ROM (2.1 or 2.2) that actually works Wifi wise... over 5 days now and no issue whatsoever.

Just fix the operator name thang and we're on a run....!

Please fix so I can use it 24/7!

Edited by Len Ash

Guest That-Guy
Thanks for confirming this, glad it helped. Come on Seb, let's get the perfect ROM rolling ;) All fixes available and the Wednesday chinese perfect ROM is out too!

So there is a fix for the signal bars? If so where?

Your ROM, with the wpa_supplicant "Wifi fix" is the ONLY ROM (2.1 or 2.2) that actually works Wifi wise... over 5 days now and no issue whatsoever.

Just fix the operator name thang and we're on a run....!

Please fix so I can use it 24/7!

Which WiFi fix is this? Linky Please! :)

Guest Len Ash
So there is a fix for the signal bars? If so where?

Which WiFi fix is this? Linky Please! ;)

OK - 2 phones, 1 OLED, 1 TFT.

The TFT one I use for "trial". I use the latest .8 recovery on both phones...

I have "clean" installed 3 2.2 builds: Paul's r7/r8, FLB and Sebs 0.3. In each case I have used the kernel update where available.

After trying each and finding that WiFi will not reconnect after being in sleep for a long period (including overnight), I installed the recent wpa_supplicant mod posted last week. Attached (credit jonuwz)

All but the Seb ROM failed to reconnect, for reasons I cannot personally explain. The Seb ROM has not yet failed. Whether there is some other fudge or what in there.... I don't know.

I have also tried to add elements of the Seb ROM (including the wpa_supplicant file and init.athwlan.sh and the entire system/wifi folder) to other builds, including the 2.1 builds on the OLED, with no success - so I am none the wiser....!

Just wish the Seb ROM had the other mini-niggles sorted!

wifi_fix.zip

Edited by Len Ash

Guest That-Guy

Yeah the only problems I am getting are:

- Signal Bars not accurate.

- Instead of "giffgaff" I am getting "Telefonica O2 UK Limited"

If these can be fixed this ROM will be 100% for me ;)

Guest Len Ash

Both issues same as me.... (I was giffgaffed way back when.... and "enjoy" the points a lot!)

Edited by Len Ash

Guest atillaahun
OK - 2 phones, 1 OLED, 1 TFT.

The TFT one I use for "trial". I use the latest .8 recovery on both phones...

I have "clean" installed 3 2.2 builds: Paul's r7/r8, FLB and Sebs 0.3. In each case I have used the kernel update where available.

After trying each and finding that WiFi will not reconnect after being in sleep for a long period (including overnight), I installed the recent wpa_supplicant mod posted last week. Attached (credit jonuwz)

All but the Seb ROM failed to reconnect, for reasons I cannot personally explain. The Seb ROM has not yet failed. Whether there is some other fudge or what in there.... I don't know.

I have also tried to add elements of the Seb ROM (including the wpa_supplicant file and init.athwlan.sh and the entire system/wifi folder) to other builds, including the 2.1 builds on the OLED, with no success - so I am none the wiser....!

Just wish the Seb ROM had the other mini-niggles sorted!

Same old crap for me, nothing changed. Wifi reconnects after sleep like every time with every rom, but during sleep there's no connection at all, can't get any mails, messages from talk, or calls from skype ...

Edited by atillaahun

The signal bars problem can be fixed by applying one of Frankish's latest themes. They now include an updated 'services.jar' file from Japanese Jellyfish RLS7 which cures the problem.

The giffgaff problem can be cured with a workaround. See here: Changing Operator ID

I can confirm that both of these methods work 'cause I've just done 'em! :)

Now got a pretty darn near perfect ROM. 3 cheers for Seb!!! :D

Guest Rotmann

Hi Seb, to ease up your work, here are all fixes in one place:

1. Problem: signal bars inaccurate. Fix: replace services.jar in /system/framework/services.jar with this one.. Unrar the file and replace it with RootExplorer or ADB. Or flash one of Frankish's themes from here.

2. Problem: Wi-Fi acting crazy. Fix: apply this only if you have problems.

3. Problem: facebook sync not working. Fix: apply this only if you want to use facebook contact sync.

4. Problem: not playing some mp3/aac files or no sound in some games (NFS Shift). Fix: delete two lib files from /system/lib which are libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so only if you have these problems.

5. Problem: the roaming symbol is shown in the taskbar but you are not roaming. Fix: You need your stock ROM and zip program. Replace libril-qc-1.so and libcm.so (in /system/lib) with the versions from your stock ROM and reinstall. Or if you are familiar with adb you can push the files and reboot.

6. Problem: two finger rotation not working on google maps. Fix: add the following line to /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml

<feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct" />
Apply only if using this feature and care about it. 7. Problem: some games (gameloft as an example) give an error at start (Video can not be played) and the game crashes. Also fast forwarding in movies lasts more then it should (3-5 seconds). Fix: Enable the broken stagefright by editing build.prop in /system/
media.stagefright.enable-player=true

media.stagefright.enable-meta=true

media.stagefright.enable-scan=true

media.stagefright.enable-http=false

8. Problem: network operator showing something else or nothing. Fix: follow this guide. Apply only if it matters.

That's it folks, perfect Wednesday ROM ;) Sebastian, I think we all agree that you could make this a final version r4 as I have tested all of the fixes and they work flawless. Thanks again for everything. Credits go to kallt_kaffe, Flibblesan, Sebastian404 and all the wonderful peeps on this forum who brought solutions.

services.rar

Edited by Rotmann

giffgaff carrier ID fix file

For those of you who don't know how to HEX edit a file or don't have the right tools to do it, here's one I prepared earlier. This is an edited libril-qc-1.so file which will replace 'Telefonica O2 UK Limited' with 'giffgaff'.

This will only work with giffgaff and not with other O2 virtual networks (Tesco etc.)

libril_qc_1.zip

It needs to be inserted into the '/system/lib' folder of the phone to replace the existing libril-qc-1.so file. To do this you will need a file manager app capable of root functions. Root Explorer works very well for this.

Be very careful and good luck! ;)

Guest That-Guy

1. Problem: signal bars inaccurate. Fix: replace services.jar in /system/framework/services.jar with this one.. Unrar the file and replace it with RootExplorer or ADB. Or flash one of Frankish's themes from here.

3. Problem: facebook sync not working. Fix: apply this only if you want to use facebook contact sync.

4. Problem: not playing some mp3/aac files or no sound in some games (NFS Shift). Fix: delete two lib files from /system/lib which are libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so only if you have these problems.

5. Problem: network operator showing something else or nothing. Fix: follow this guide. Apply only if it matters.

6. Problem: two finger rotation not working on google maps. Fix: add the following line to /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml

Apply only if using this feature and care about it. 7. Problem: some games (gameloft as an example) give an error at start (Video can not be played) and the game crashes. Also fast forwarding in movies lasts more then it should (3-5 seconds). Fix: Enable the broken stagefright by editing build.prop in /system/

8. Problem: the roaming symbol is shown in the taskbar but you are not roaming. Fix: You need your stock ROM and zip program. Replace libril-qc-1.so and libcm.so (in /system/lib) with the versions from your stock ROM and reinstall. Or if you are familiar with adb you can push the files and reboot.

That's it folks, perfect Wednesday ROM ;) Sebastian, I think we all agree that you could make this a final version r4 as I have tested all of the fixes and they work flawless. Thanks again for everything. Credits go to kallt_kaffe, Flibblesan, Sebastian404 and all the wonderful peeps on this forum who brought solutions.

For those of you who don't know how to HEX edit a file or don't have the right tools to do it, here's one I prepared earlier. This is an edited libril-qc-1.so file which will replace 'Telefonica O2 UK Limited' with 'giffgaff'.

This will only work with giffgaff and not with other O2 virtual networks (Tesco etc.)

libril_qc_1.zip

It needs to be inserted into the '/system/lib' folder of the phone to replace the existing libril-qc-1.so file. To do this you will need a file manager app capable of root functions. Root Explorer works very well for this.

Be very careful and good luck! :)

Great posts guys! Just applying the fixes now.

Should have the perfect ROM after :D

Since using Seb's ROM I haven't had one force close!

Guest That-Guy

libril_qc_1.zip

Be very careful and good luck! ;)

Is there any way to have "giffgaff" not floating in the middle but right over on the right hand side on the lock screen?

I did it in the hex editor but that then moved it over in the notifications drop down so it was floating in a rubbish location :)

Any Ideas?

Guest That-Guy
Is there any way to have "giffgaff" not floating in the middle but right over on the right hand side on the lock screen?

I did it in the hex editor but that then moved it over in the notifications drop down so it was floating in a rubbish location :D

Any Ideas?

Fixed it by filling the space, I now have giffgaff Mobile UK (O2) it beats what was there is start with :)

If anyone wants that you can use the file attached ;)

As above it needs to be inserted into the '/system/lib' folder of the phone to replace the existing libril-qc-1.so file. To do this you will need a file manager app capable of root functions. Root Explorer works very well for this.

GiffGaff_Operator_Logo.rar

5. Problem: network operator showing something else or nothing. Fix: follow this guide. Apply only if it matters.

8. Problem: the roaming symbol is shown in the taskbar but you are not roaming. Fix: You need your stock ROM and zip program. Replace libril-qc-1.so and libcm.so (in /system/lib) with the versions from your stock ROM and reinstall. Or if you are familiar with adb you can push the files and reboot.

Just an observation here, if you apply fix5 and then apply fix8, the last fix will overwirte all your hard work in fix5. Therefore if you need both fixes it may be better to do fix8 before doing fix5. Great tut for turning an already great rom into a better one still.

Guest That-Guy
Just an observation here, if you apply fix5 and then apply fix8, the last fix will overwirte all your hard work in fix5. Therefore if you need both fixes it may be better to do fix8 before doing fix5. Great tut for turning an already great rom into a better one still.

Well spotted, I do not need fix 8 as I haven't had that problem so does not effect me but still worth sharing.

I have applied Fixes 1 - 7 and now have a perfect ROM ;)

Just installing a Circle Battery Indicator to finish the look :)

Guest threewater

My Froyo installation went very smoothly but after a few days I realised that I can't send SMSs - I'm not a frequent texter. I've tried with O2 and Three SIMs and I get the dreaded 'The application Messaging (process.com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly."

I've also tried with chompSMS and GO SMS - similar messages.

I can receive SMSs no problem. I assume that as nobody else has reported this it's not endemic to the build. Any ideas?

Edited by threewater