[ROM] 31/Dec r0.3: de-softened ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest chall32

Another small observation:

Car Home (CarHomeGoogle.apk and CarHomeLauncher.apk) is missing from this ROM. Installed 'em both via adb, run with no problems.

- Chris

Guest AcceptedWalnut

I've come from sebs r. 07 de- orangeated Rom to this and it seems to have completely fixed the WiFi issue without the need for the market fix. It's incredibly fast too, not come across any issues so far.

Thanks seb :-)

Guest PeaNut_HU
Have you asked this in every thread in the blade section? It seems every thread I read has a post from you asking "can I change the lockscreen bg".

Lockscreen fetish?

Going for most posts / day :(

Guest madboffin

Thanks for the quick reply - I'd jump to 2.2 if this was supported - perhaps It will arrive when the kernel source is available. Currently use 2.1 with Barnacle, but as I have to plug in the SF to keep the battery and wifi alive it would be more elegant if I could use the USB laesd for data transfer as well !

Guest papatangoalpha

Superb work, Sebastian. Upgraded from another 2.2 ROM and yours runs faultlessly and flipping fast. It's a question of taste, but I agree with your utilitarian choice of ROM apps - everything else, including Google, is only an install away.

One question that has kind of been asked before - can tethering be installed by other means as a component of Froyo? Not a deal-breaker for me - I mostly use my phone independently anyway.

Thanks!

Guest Len Ash
Superb work, Sebastian. Upgraded from another 2.2 ROM and yours runs faultlessly and flipping fast. It's a question of taste, but I agree with your utilitarian choice of ROM apps - everything else, including Google, is only an install away.

One question that has kind of been asked before - can tethering be installed by other means as a component of Froyo? Not a deal-breaker for me - I mostly use my phone independently anyway.

Thanks!

Burning topic blighting the Blade... has WiFi become magically more robust at all?

Edited by Len Ash

I have successfully installed the ROM. But when connecting to the PC via usb I no longer get that mount or unmount option. I wish to install apps to my micro sd card and that option no longer pops up on the screen of the zte blade.

Edited by majnu

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
Burning topic blighting the Blade... has WiFi become magically more robust at all?

It's very difficult to say..but..yes? I've had no need to install a wifi fix.

Also, this ROM is definitely the best of the two, much leaner and faster, quadrant scores really don't matter.

Guest Len Ash
It's very difficult to say..but..yes? I've had no need to install a wifi fix.

Also, this ROM is definitely the best of the two, much leaner and faster, quadrant scores really don't matter.

Cheers, keep us posted if it goes sh1t-shaped...!

Might nick the Atheros driver then and try in my current build... which may or may not be the cause, of course (because no-one knows!)

Edited by Len Ash

Cheers, keep us posted if it goes sh1t-shaped...!

Might nick the Atheros driver then and try in my current build... which may or may not be the cause, of course (because no-one knows!)

I'm not overly sure on how to make it happen, like precisely- but i have left it on sleep (2+ hours), and it's still connected. However, that's plugged into charge... I also did a few goes of rapid sleep/wake...and that had no effect. I'll unplug and see what happens.

I have successfully installed the ROM. But when connecting to the PC via usb I no longer get that mount or unmount option. I wish to install apps to my micro sd card and that option no longer pops up on the screen of the zte blade.

Anyone? :(

Guest Len Ash
I'm not overly sure on how to make it happen, like precisely- but i have left it on sleep (2+ hours), and it's still connected. However, that's plugged into charge... I also did a few goes of rapid sleep/wake...and that had no effect. I'll unplug and see what happens.

One of the other WiFi annoyances is the time it takes for WiFi to reconnect after sleep (assuming it will!) - it appears to take an age to establish a dialogue with the router.... be grateful for your findings over the next few days of hammer

TIA

One of the other WiFi annoyances is the time it takes for WiFi to reconnect after sleep (assuming it will!) - it appears to take an age to establish a dialogue with the router.... be grateful for your findings over the next few days of hammer

TIA

Well, after some playing with it, I did get a drop out whilst on battery power, so all I can say is no fix, as of yet :(

I guess this is another wait-for -kernel-source situation. I guess back to the market for the blade wifi fix.

Guest AcceptedWalnut

I kept testing the WiFi last night with gradually longer sleeps to see if it held its connection from 10 min sleeps to over 6 hours when i got up this morning and on mine it all seems to be working well aside from the other little annoyance of it taking 10 seconds or so to re-establish the connection but at least it actually it reconnecting without the need for a market fix.

Only problems i've had is one force close from launcherpro changing wallpaper and one from Zedge when changing wallpaper search options.

Guest chall32

Here is a strange one for you!

In landscape mode, my yellow browser page load progress bar fills backwards :( that is instead of it filling yellow from left to right, it fills yellow from right to left!

Wish I could capture it some how because its quite amusing!

Wonder if anyone else has this or if it is a consequence of my UOT kitchen circle battery cooked framework.

Portrait mode is fine, no problem

Guest southpaw1
Now fixed.

Applications>Development>USB Debugging>Turn Off>Turn On USB Storage

Then the "Open to View Folder on Windows" Popped Up. :(

think you can leave the debugging notification alone , just hit the "turn on usb"

think you can leave the debugging notification alone , just hit the "turn on usb"

There was no option for that. I had to turn of de-bugging in order to turn on USB storage option. I have no idea what debugging does :(

Guest yeawhatever
Here is a strange one for you!

In landscape mode, my yellow browser page load progress bar fills backwards :( that is instead of it filling yellow from left to right, it fills yellow from right to left!

Wish I could capture it some how because its quite amusing!

Wonder if anyone else has this or if it is a consequence of my UOT kitchen circle battery cooked framework.

Portrait mode is fine, no problem

I have been having this issue for a long time. From what I remember it has been on all of Paul's alphas. Not major issue by any means though.

Guest Sebastian404
I have been having this issue for a long time. From what I remember it has been on all of Paul's alphas. Not major issue by any means though.

Its more than likely to do with the fact the screen is rotated 180.. and that part of the UI is not paying attention to that.....

Guest MrFlanders

hi, i flashed your excellent release yesterday, and have no problems whatsoever (until now ;))

but i do have questions:

is hw acceleration / stagefright enabled ? can i enable it myself if it isnt enabled?

is there a possibility to re-enable froyos built in tethering?

are you going to release a version with only the essential, necessary apks in system/app? or could u tell me which ones i cant delete? :(

thanks a lot for your work! and keep it up!

hi, i flashed your excellent release yesterday, and have no problems whatsoever (until now ;))

but i do have questions:

is hw acceleration / stagefright enabled ? can i enable it myself if it isnt enabled?

is there a possibility to re-enable froyos built in tethering?

are you going to release a version with only the essential, necessary apks in system/app? or could u tell me which ones i cant delete? :(

thanks a lot for your work! and keep it up!

I do not believe that HWUI is enabled, but my blade is much MUCH snappier with it off in this release, than it is in Japanese Jellyfish. And I also think the Stagefright is, because we're only getting 400 odd in Quadrant. which surely isn't alll bad. Stagefright is the video decoder...and quadrant gets better when HTTP stagefright is off ( I think, it's what the words look like)...but surely Youtube is HTTP...and having a better video decoder in Youtube must be good? Quadrant scores don't matter in the slightest. Of course, this is just an observation. I have no idea if it's the truth.

And no, I think Froyo's tethering is taken out because Softbank don't like it.