[ROM] 31/Dec r0.3: de-softened ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

I changed build.prop to enable both and other than quadrant scores (980, 960, 955) there doesn't seem to be all that much difference in the UI.

I'm going to go back to the original and see if I can notice any difference now.

Sebastian, or someone else with more knowledge, what are the negative implications of enabling these, or is it more a philosophical position on your part?

Great ROM by the way, your efforts are very much appreciated!

Edited by jt_mcg

Guest AcceptedWalnut
Sebastian, or someone else with more knowledge, what are the negative implications of enabling these, or is it more a philosophical position on your part?

I've enabled all aswell and the only problem i've seen is in the youtube app. If you watch a video full screen with HQ selected then you get a green/purple bar at the top of the video.

Other than that i've not seen anything else like i did when i enabled HW Acceleration on 2.1 which shown artifacts in app drawer.

I've enabled all aswell and the only problem i've seen is in the youtube app. If you watch a video full screen with HQ selected then you get a green/purple bar at the top of the video.

Other than that i've not seen anything else like i did when i enabled HW Acceleration on 2.1 which shown artifacts in app drawer.

You've done something wrong possibly, Ive watched hq full screen and haven't seen that at all. Maybe give a video that I can test?

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

The Youtube thing is the result of Stagefright-http being on, turn it off, and all is well

The Youtube thing is the result of Stagefright-http being on, turn it off, and all is well

Guest AcceptedWalnut

and

Both of them give me the green bar. Did you enabled all the stagefright options at the bottom too underneath Additional Build Properties? I'm very new to android so im kinda doing it by the trial and error method so far.

Seems like a nice clean ROM, thanks!

I have a problem with the wifi connecting / disconnecting in a loop though, only solution is to reboot the router (netgear DG834Gv5). I've tried installing the wifi fix from another thread but no sucess, static ip didn't help - any ideas?

Guest Sebastian404
Seems like a nice clean ROM, thanks!

I have a problem with the wifi connecting / disconnecting in a loop though, only solution is to reboot the router (netgear DG834Gv5). I've tried installing the wifi fix from another thread but no sucess, static ip didn't help - any ideas?

buy a new router? :(

Unfortunately, that's a known issue with all of the ROMS.

Exactly this, I remembered that from the earlier 2.2 roms.

And to get rid of the artifacts in 2.1 with hw ui you need to change system/lib/hw/gralloc.msm7k.so (I pushed the file from FFs hwui add on and all went well).

Guest uberduck

thanks Sebastian404 for a really nice clean rom, it's more stable than most of the alpha roms out there! ;)

by far it's the best froyo rom for blade, keep up the good work :(

problem found: "clock" missing? or is it renamed?

bug found: some apps doesn't get internet access, namely swype installer and 3UK skype client, problem with both 3G and WiFi. System apps (browsers / sync) seemed fine

Edited by uberduck

Guest Len Ash
Is a new release coming today Seb (I know it only been a couple of days but you released updates very quickly b4)

Where's the fire?

Some parts of the planet are enjoying a break...

Guest Phoenix Silver
Where's the fire?

Some parts of the planet are enjoying a break...

YES :(

after all we are 28th December (at least here lol)

Edited by Phoenix Silver

Guest veehexx

this rom froze on me :(

usual lockscreen freeze when you wake it up.

no notifcations, but its likely i did move between antenna's (around 3-4 miles down the road, so i presume a tower switch).

Guest liamdunn
Well, after some playing with it, I did get a drop out whilst on battery power, so all I can say is no fix, as of yet :(

I guess this is another wait-for -kernel-source situation. I guess back to the market for the blade wifi fix.

Have you tried turning off WLAN sleep policy?

Well, after some playing with it, I did get a drop out whilst on battery power, so all I can say is no fix, as of yet :(

I guess this is another wait-for -kernel-source situation. I guess back to the market for the blade wifi fix.

I may be wrong but I think blade wifi fix doesn't keep wifi alive during sleep, it automates the reconnection if you're having difficulty when the phone awakens. WiFi Keep Alive with workarounds 1 and 2 has worked for me in the past to keep a connection during "sleep"

I find that this ROM does hold wifi fairly well and even when the phone goes into deep sleep that it reconnects almost instantaneously when I awaken the phone.

It would be nice to have the wifi sleep policy in settings followed correctly and avoid any need for 3rd party solutions, but even with the kernel etc I'm not 100% sure it will work correctly.

Have you tried turning off WLAN sleep policy?

Unfortunately, it's disabled by default.

I may be wrong but I think blade wifi fix doesn't keep wifi alive during sleep, it automates the reconnection if you're having difficulty when the phone awakens. WiFi Keep Alive with workarounds 1 and 2 has worked for me in the past to keep a connection during "sleep"

I find that this ROM does hold wifi fairly well and even when the phone goes into deep sleep that it reconnects almost instantaneously when I awaken the phone.

It would be nice to have the wifi sleep policy in settings followed correctly and avoid any need for 3rd party solutions, but even with the kernel etc I'm not 100% sure it will work correctly.

Yea, that is all the WiFi fix does...but it's still helpful. Mine is ever so slow to reconnect.

Guest Ricksy75
buy a new router? :(

Unfortunately, that's a known issue with all of the ROMS.

had the same problem until i set up the router (dg834gt) wireless as follows

After i enabled the allow ssid i made sure the setup access list was disabled, when the router saw the phone i added it to the allow list, i then enabled the settings, went back into the wireless settings and made sure the original settings had stuck (previous attempts they changed) applied and ever since its been ok, router firmware is 1.03.23 and security options are WPA-PSK+WPA2-PSK with a 39 alphanumerical key.hope this points you in the right direction.

I did also notice that if i changed the router settings my firewall/antivirus sometimes showed up in the router setup pages as a 404 error, just disabled the fw/av until i had setup (adsl cable disconnected until finished)

Guest Rotmann

Enable HW_UI and Stagefright in build.prop and you will get around 1000 and the launcher & stuff will be a little faster (at least it feels that way to me) and I could not see a significantly bigger power consumption. You will have to see for yourself which configuration is better for you.

I have found another bug: I use the HTC_IME for Froyo from the Sticky Thread, every time I restart the phone it gets disabled, I have to enable it in the settings and then choose it as my type method. What is the cause, is there any fix?

Guest tcpaulh

@Rotmann

I get that with swype sometimes (though not so far on this rom). Make sure it's not installed on the sd card is my only advice. I'm pretty sure this didn't work for me once though