[ROM] 31/Dec r0.3: de-softened ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest lordofangels
MD5 hash of downloaded file doesn't match the one in the OP. Winrar reports errors in 3 APKs...

!   J:\Downloads\Mobiles\ROMs�Z3\r0.3_update_de_softened_blade_signed.zip: CRC failed in system\app\com.android.email.apk. The file is corrupt

!   J:\Downloads\Mobiles\ROMs�Z3\r0.3_update_de_softened_blade_signed.zip: CRC failed in system\app\com.android.contacts.apk. The file is corrupt

!   J:\Downloads\Mobiles\ROMs�Z3\r0.3_update_de_softened_blade_signed.zip: CRC failed in system\app\com.google.android.gsf.apk. The file is corrupt

Downloaded last night, and I also got a totally different MD5 checksum.

Guest That-Guy
the camera is previewing in monochrome! and too much noises. anyone have the same problem? because the picture is really2 baad and awful

Just about to try this ROM, will report back about the camera :unsure:

Guest That-Guy

OK Haven't tried this yet as the MD5 does not match up!

According to the first post it should be:

MD5: 0f8b27589de69433c3089470bef53f30

but I am getting:

MD5: 7877574D7A35E649589A1C8F8CD5F579

Can anyone else confirm this? also any chance you can re-upload the file?

Thanks in Advance

Guest pellonet
OK Haven't tried this yet as the MD5 does not match up!

According to the first post it should be:

MD5: 0f8b27589de69433c3089470bef53f30

but I am getting:

MD5: 7877574D7A35E649589A1C8F8CD5F579

Can anyone else confirm this? also any chance you can re-upload the file?

Thanks in Advance

Yes, getting the same here;

7877574d7a35e649589a1c8f8cd5f579

Guest That-Guy
Yes, getting the same here;

7877574d7a35e649589a1c8f8cd5f579

OK so I am guessing this needs to be re-uploaded before people start installing?

Guest lordofangels
OK so I am guessing this needs to be re-uploaded before people start installing?

Thats why I held off, waiting for a comment from Seb

Guest uberduck
I experience some incompatibility with the T-Mobile network as reported by other posters. It seems to block any HTTP connection (e.g. Browser, Map, Market etc) while other connection types (GMail, GTalk) seem to be okay.

I manually added an APN using settings from the T-Mobile support webpage and it made no difference. I vaguely remember someone edited a string in the build.prop file to fix something similar but I can't find it anymore. Any idea?

i am on 3UK and I have the same issue

no problem with stock apps, but some other apps doesn't seem to get connectivity (swype installer)

Guest That-Guy
Thats why I held off, waiting for a comment from Seb

Just tried extracting with WinRAR to check if it was corrupt and getting the following errors:

r0.3_update_de_softened_blade_signed.zip: CRC failed in system\app\com.android.email.apk. The file is corrupt

r0.3_update_de_softened_blade_signed.zip: CRC failed in system\app\com.android.contacts.apk. The file is corrupt

r0.3_update_de_softened_blade_signed.zip: CRC failed in system\app\com.google.android.gsf.apk. The file is corrupt

File is defiantly corrupt :unsure:

Guest iashraf
Just tried extracting with WinRAR to check if it was corrupt and getting the following errors:

File is defiantly corrupt B)

It extracts perfectly fine on MAC using the inbuilt extracter, and also using stuffit expander - which is why I thought that it was fine :unsure:

Guest That-Guy
It extracts perfectly fine on MAC using the inbuilt extracter, and also using stuffit expander - which is why I thought that it was fine :unsure:

Is it the latest r0.3 from the first post or the older r0.2?? Have you just downloaded it?

Do you want to re-upload to a host like rapidshare or uploading.com??

Thanks

Guest iashraf
Is it the latest r0.3 from the first post or the older r0.2?? Have you just downloaded it?

Do you want to re-upload to a host like rapidshare or uploading.com??

Thanks

Ah sorry, i think you misunderstood -- it doesn't work for me either -- and I made the mistake of wiping and trying to install it based on the fact that the ZIP file for r0.3 extracted just fine on my mac.

I don't really know anything about this MD5 stuff, so when it extracted fine without error, I didn't think that it was corrupted.

Guest Kthulhu

I guess that without hardware acceleration enable this rom should use less battery during day-to-day use; but has somebody compared battery ussage between different Froyo roms?

Edited by Kthulhu

Guest That-Guy
Ah sorry, i think you misunderstood -- it doesn't work for me either -- and I made the mistake of wiping and trying to install it based on the fact that the ZIP file for r0.3 extracted just fine on my mac.

I don't really know anything about this MD5 stuff, so when it extracted fine without error, I didn't think that it was corrupted.

Ah sorry was getting a little to excited, we will just have to wait for Seb to re-upload :unsure:

Guest Rotmann
Slow rom anyway same score as(420) R4 Modaco but jellyfroyo is good (928) not Overclocked..

:unsure: what a troll. This ROM has HW_UI and Stagefright disabled because the battery should last longer and the practical performance plus is not very big. But you can enable them easily in 30 seconds and get around 1000 Points, see my screenshot on page 7. I left them enabled because my launcher was a little bit faster but in games and other apps in does not make any real difference I think, excepting Quadrant which does not tell anything to me as it can easily be manipulated etc.

Guest Rotmann

Sebastian, I have found the fix for the problem in Need For Speed Shift as it did not have any sound and some MP3's did not play sound. The fix is in the JJ Thread, Flibblesan came with it:

"You need to delete two lib files from /system/lib which are libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so. This will force Android to use alternative libs for decoding mp3 and aac audio which work much better."

Could you please include this fix in your next release? Thanks

Guest uberduck
:unsure: what a troll. This ROM has HW_UI and Stagefright disabled because the battery should last longer and the practical performance plus is not very big. But you can enable them easily in 30 seconds and get around 1000 Points, see my screenshot on page 7. I left them enabled because my launcher was a little bit faster but in games and other apps in does not make any real difference I think, excepting Quadrant which does not tell anything to me as it can easily be manipulated etc.

can you let us know how to edit the build.prop?

i've been googling for quite a while and all I know is to change a string value in the .prop thingy but didn't quite get it

Guest PeaNut_HU
can you let us know how to edit the build.prop?

i've been googling for quite a while and all I know is to change a string value in the .prop thingy but didn't quite get it

Full mod: Unzip the file, and look for build.prop under system directory, modify build.prop then re-zip and flash as usual.

After mod: If you have already flashed the ROM and just want modification, you can do it via ADB (phone must be connected through USB and USB debugging enabled, which is by default on all custom roms)

adb pull system/build.prop .
- edit bulild.prop on your computer -
adb remount

adb push build.prop system/build.prop

adb restart

Edited by PeaNut_HU

Guest feckineejit

Its no big thing for me as i don't use it but "My Maps Editor" app won't work it starts to open then just shuts down all the time. is there some way/or program i can use to remove it, i've tried to remove it using titanium backup but that won't remove it. Also instead of it just saying o2-uk in the top right hand corner when i wake it from sleep it says "Telefonica O2 UK Limited" i have used the same o2 apn setting that i have on my other sf.

Edited by feckineejit

Guest Phoenix Silver
Its no big thing for me as i don't use it but "My Maps Editor" app won't work it starts to open then just shuts down all the time. is there some way/or program i can use to remove it, i've tried to remove it using titanium backup but that won't remove it. Also instead of it just saying o2-uk in the top right hand corner when i wake it from sleep it says "Telefonica O2 UK Limited" i have used the same o2 apn setting that i have on my other sf.

adb pull /system/app/name_of_your_app.apk

reboot

q2 : known bug in all the roms

Guest lordofangels
Seb you there?

Give the guy a break,

I think he's just got back home, after been stuck here with Tranies, snow and prozies.

Lets give Seb a bit time to sort himself out first.

Guest That-Guy
Give the guy a break,

I think he's just got back home, after been stuck here with Tranies, snow and prozies.

Lets give Seb a bit time to sort himself out first.

That don't sound so bad :unsure:

Guest lordofangels
That don't sound so bad :unsure:

I'd go for two out of the three, I'll pass on the Tranies though,

saying that they are a great laugh to be in the company of when drunk.