[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

i use JJ RLS8 since this morning and i don't have such problems..i used WIND GR 3g network more than once today..are u sure that u have the correct settings? try to leave username and password blank ;)

No worries, i flash it again and now no problems with 3G! :)

Edited by zaf_4

I'm on RLS8, and have problem with exchange (Zimbra) calendar sync.

The problem is, that my exchange appointments are not synchronising with the calendar in android. Logcat doesn't show anything about calendar or the account when I push manual sync in Accounts & Sync setting.

It was working with one of the previous roms (or the stock one, I don't remember)

Guest ololizoz

I want to upgrade from RLS7 -> RLS8. How do I do a full backup? My friend told me that Titanium Backup saves the APK's and not the market links, id rather like market links.

Guest jasonXXx
Here's a services.jar to be put in /system/framework. Will take a long time on first boot as it has to rebuild the dalvik-cache but once it is done the charging LED should the same as in 2.1 (red for low, orange for medium and green for full). Have not been able to test it at all levels yet.

@KK

Is this the original service.jar from the Softbank 003Z V1.0.0B15 ROM with the signal fixed and the led colors fixed is there any other changes? and is it confermed all working fine?

Guest Pelemane
help! my battery lasts 4 days (106 hours) with this rom

what have i done wrong?

should i reflash again or wait for the next build?

Next Wednesday,We will get a perfect ROM.

You should wait for that.

Guest ololizoz

what have i done wrong?

Dude....4 days is really long...

Edited by ololizoz

Guest rxexdxbxaxnxd

what have i done wrong?

I think I know where you went wrong... you left the phone switched off for 3 days ;-)

Guest oh!dougal
I'm considering trying to compile AOSP from source to see if I can get it up and running.

2.2 (inc Jellyfish) has an annoying Bluetooth bug, which is said to be fixed in 2.2.1

http://vlingo-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/.../p/180/r_id/166

Turning off the Bluetooth headset after using eg Vlingo causes the phone to reboot.

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=9503

It'd be nice even to swap in the Bluetooth bits of 2.2.1 to fix this.

Edited by oh!dougal

i installed rls8 on my zte..with wipe of course.

but i have one problem - because all my contact (from gmail and the same from vcf file) are without polish letters.

what to do with this ?

Just change them manually using Polish letters after changing to Polish language. You'll get them properly signed.

Pamiętaj że po zmianie "straciłeś" polskie znaki na moment

Guest leszekpap
Just change them manually using Polish letters after changing to Polish language. You'll get them properly signed.

Pamiętaj że po zmianie "straciłeś" polskie znaki na moment

i tak robie..ale kontaktow mam ponad 400 i duzo z polskimi znakami...:)wiec taka edycja wielu kontaktow i zmiana na polskie litery troche jest meczaca:)

Guest jurrasstoil
What this mean? From who? Is Saunalahti making new ROM?

the next wednesday thing is a running gag around here. should be added to the glossary imo ;)

there are rumors about an official swedish 2.2 rom in april.

I know battery issues have been mentioned quite a lot.

Apparently I am also stuck with it.

RLS6 worked quite well for me. Upgraded to RLS7 last friday or so and now the battery seems to last much shorter.

Example: today I recharged to 100% around noon, 6 hrs later the battery level is at 77%. In the meantime I didn't use the phone (apart from looking a few times on the display).

I did get some yahoo mail though (but I had that program also on RLS6).

This might also be a battery metering issue. When charging it went from 77 to 89 in 5 or 10 mins

The odd thing is:

I just checked what was running (using advanced taskkiller free) and it was running things like gallery and music. These are programs I use only very rarely and I am fairly sure that I didn't start them.

Also maps seems to be very persistent to start itself (something I do not like, but don't know how to avoid, if I kill it with ATK it returns quite quickly.

ANyone an idea?

Frans

The odd thing is:

I just checked what was running (using advanced taskkiller free) and it was running things like gallery and music. These are programs I use only very rarely and I am fairly sure that I didn't start them.

Also maps seems to be very persistent to start itself (something I do not like, but don't know how to avoid, if I kill it with ATK it returns quite quickly.

ANyone an idea?

Frans

Hm, maybe they are checking for programm updates ?

Edited by rascas

I installed RLS8 a few days ago, the first day i notived the dialer that came with it worked quite well but my battery dropped to over half over a night, where as a few percent dropped recently.

So i tried the smartdialer, i can go into contacts and call people from there, but when i click the phone button on the homescreen it says application not installed. I'm running the launcher that came with the release.

Guest PeterDreher

<4>[01-01 00:00:00.620001] [1: swapper][ZGC]:LcdPanleID = 42

<4>[01-20 12:26:56.492216] [7: suspend]lcd module TFT LEAD init finish

<4>[01-20 12:26:56.492216] [7: suspend]![ZYF] lcdc_set_bl level=32, 1

<4>[01-20 12:26:56.532209] [7: suspend][LY] before select_1wire_mode

BUT, I got a Swiss Orange San Francisco, no Glossy Casing and a Orange Branding on the Back.

If jurrasstoil has LEAD and has the LCDid = 42 there has to be something wrong.

Either i have a LEAD, too or 42 stands for TRULY and jurrasstoil hast a LEAD but JJ thinks its TRULY.

I don't have Problems with the blueish tint or marks or anything. Thought i have TRULY Display.

Got JJ on it now and when i type the Caller-Code for the LCD it is just empty there.

Edited by PeterDreher

I know battery issues have been mentioned quite a lot.

Apparently I am also stuck with it.

RLS6 worked quite well for me. Upgraded to RLS7 last friday or so and now the battery seems to last much shorter.

Example: today I recharged to 100% around noon, 6 hrs later the battery level is at 77%. In the meantime I didn't use the phone (apart from looking a few times on the display).

I did get some yahoo mail though (but I had that program also on RLS6).

This might also be a battery metering issue. When charging it went from 77 to 89 in 5 or 10 mins

The odd thing is:

ANyone an idea?

Frans

you can use the app startups on the market to stop things responding to some events (ie starting up)

RLS8 - This is a good ROM. I have tried out most of the 2.2 ROMs and several 2.1 ROMs and so far this is my favourite. I guess there isn't yet the perfect ROM for the Blade - I was quite happy with the BladeVillain RLS4, but this beats it - just.

I would really like a ROM that includes the Cyogen mods like the HTC Hero I use for work. Still keep up the good work guys. This cheap phone is staggeringly good value and I have already convinced a couple of colleagues where I work to treat themselves.

Guest shadowninty

hey kallt!

probably been asked already, but could you add 0x90's control widget to the notification bar pulldown by default in RLS9?

like this;

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=68893

makes less dead space there too ;)

Edited by shadowninty

Guest rxexdxbxaxnxd
<4>[01-01 00:00:00.620001] [1: swapper][ZGC]:LcdPanleID = 42

<4>[01-20 12:26:56.492216] [7: suspend]lcd module TFT LEAD init finish

<4>[01-20 12:26:56.492216] [7: suspend]![ZYF] lcdc_set_bl level=32, 1

<4>[01-20 12:26:56.532209] [7: suspend][LY] before select_1wire_mode

BUT, I got a Swiss Orange San Francisco, no Glossy Casing and a Orange Branding on the Back.

If jurrasstoil has LEAD and has the LCDid = 42 there has to be something wrong.

Either i have a LEAD, too or 42 stands for TRULY and jurrasstoil hast a LEAD but JJ thinks its TRULY.

I don't have Problems with the blueish tint or marks or anything. Thought i have TRULY Display.

Got JJ on it now and when i type the Caller-Code for the LCD it is just empty there.

found this in my dmesg after restarting phone...

<4>[01-01 00:00:00.570023] [1: swapper]spi_init

<4>[01-01 00:00:00.570023] [1: swapper]!truly id is 0x600

<4>[01-01 00:00:00.570023] [1: swapper]oled id is 0x2796

<4>[01-01 00:00:00.570023] [1: swapper][ZGC]:init_lcd_proc

<6>[01-01 00:00:00.570023] [1: swapper]lcdc config

<4>[01-01 00:00:00.580020] [1: swapper]spi_init

<4>[01-01 00:00:00.580020] [1: swapper]!

<6>[01-01 00:00:00.620001] [1: swapper][oled] lcdc_set_bl level=2, 1

<6>[01-01 00:00:00.620001] [1: swapper]FrameBuffer[0] 480x800 size=1536000 bytes is registered successfully!

<4>[01-01 00:00:00.620001] [1: swapper][ZGC]:LcdPanleID = 40

<6>[01-01 00:00:00.620001] [1: swapper]Registered led device: lcd-backlight

Guest PeaNut_HU

I just want to say thanks KK!

This RLS8 ROM is the best in terms of stability and battery usage. Its been 2 days, and still on 61 percent. YAY!

Thanks for your efforts in making this available ;) :)