[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest whatcolour
I'll compare the brightness levels between the Chinese and the Japanese ROMs and look for differences. I've seen those arrays somewhere. I think they are in framework-res.apk.

EDIT: Yes, it seems the Chinese autobrightness goes down to lower levels. I'll copy those values and make a new framework-res.apk that you can test.

Battery report - with fixed brightness levels

This has to be subjective since there is no such thing as daily "average" use of the phone.

All I can say is this: best of all JJ roms and at least on par with MCR and FLB.

The bottom line is dimming the screen saves battery, the "how much" is based on your own judgement.

you can use the app startups on the market to stop things responding to some events (ie starting up)

Thanks for the quick reply.

I use startup cleaner pro, but it does not list the music player so I cannot disable it.

Also I told it not to start maps, but still it does.

Puzzled, Frans

Been using this ROM for last 2 days, was previously on Flibblesan's G2.

I must say this ROM is as good as G2 but I find battery life is not as good as I would get out of G2.

Also I have slow GPS locking problem (On both ROMs) and have to use Ulysse to get GPS lock before I can use it in Maps, 4sq etc.

UPDATE: My battery charged from 14% to 50% in about 20 mins (USB on my laptop)

This seems much faster compared to other roms and converseley also discharges quickly.

Edited by Niks10

Guest super san francisco

alright, battery life is really getting out of hand right now

i charged the battery for full 4 hours, it went from 14% to fully charged and stayed there for about 15 minutes.

so far so good. after pulling the plug it went completly insane. i used hsdpa to check my emails and stuff, downloaded one file (29 megs) and 44 minutes later the battery was down to 71%. unplugged at 20:03....this way, the battery would have been drained by 23:20...

i simply find this pretty impossible...

btw:

screen at 20%

no wifi

no whatever...

Guest PeterDreher
found this in my dmesg after restarting phone...

<4>[01-01 00:00:00.570023] [1: swapper]spi_init

<4>[01-01 00:00:00.570023] [1: swapper]!truly id is 0x600

<4>[01-01 00:00:00.570023] [1: swapper]oled id is 0x2796

<4>[01-01 00:00:00.570023] [1: swapper][ZGC]:init_lcd_proc

<6>[01-01 00:00:00.570023] [1: swapper]lcdc config

<4>[01-01 00:00:00.580020] [1: swapper]spi_init

<4>[01-01 00:00:00.580020] [1: swapper]!

<6>[01-01 00:00:00.620001] [1: swapper][oled] lcdc_set_bl level=2, 1

<6>[01-01 00:00:00.620001] [1: swapper]FrameBuffer[0] 480x800 size=1536000 bytes is registered successfully!

<4>[01-01 00:00:00.620001] [1: swapper][ZGC]:LcdPanleID = 40

<6>[01-01 00:00:00.620001] [1: swapper]Registered led device: lcd-backlight

LCDPanleID = 40 = OLED

You are fine.

I am fine with 42, too but some people seem to have Problems with LEAD-TFT.

More here:

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1569295

Edited by PeterDreher

Hi KK,

Love your Roms!!!

So I have a question for you,

Got my wife a new OSF, want to install your RLS8 on it.

So is clockwork the only way to install it or can I use TPT.

which method is best that you recommend.

Best Regards

any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Thx

Guest IronDoc
alright, battery life is really getting out of hand right now

i charged the battery for full 4 hours, it went from 14% to fully charged and stayed there for about 15 minutes.

so far so good. after pulling the plug it went completly insane. i used hsdpa to check my emails and stuff, downloaded one file (29 megs) and 44 minutes later the battery was down to 71%. unplugged at 20:03....this way, the battery would have been drained by 23:20...

i simply find this pretty impossible...

btw:

screen at 20%

no wifi

no whatever...

If you leave it on charge, the battery will reach full, then it will stop charging but the phone will still falsely report it as 100%. It won't charge again until it drops to a certain threshold. That's why the battery drops really quickly at first.

Guest super san francisco
If you leave it on charge, the battery will reach full, then it will stop charging but the phone will still falsely report it as 100%. It won't charge again until it drops to a certain threshold. That's why the battery drops really quickly at first.

i kept an eye on it, i reached fully charged about 10 min before i took it down.

was in the gym hall, training the kids, and as i use my phone as a stopwatch and clock all the time, i look at it basically every 5 min.... i don't believe in this, being so bad...

Guest PeterDreher
any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Thx

Please, try this first and report:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...bration-protip/

@KALLT

Please put this into your first post. I bet it would help a lot of people with battery problems:

Edited by PeterDreher

hey kallt!

probably been asked already, but could you add 0x90's control widget to the notification bar pulldown by default in RLS9?

like this;

(image removed)

makes less dead space there too ;)

With respect, what makes you think it should be there by default? I'm sure I'm not alone in not wanting that on the dropdown menu. Good idea for an addon or something though

Guest Jai Cee
Please, try this first and report:

@KALLT

Please put this into your first post. I bet it would help a lot of people with battery problems:

While that may help some people its not a fix all. I've run the battery recalibration on both fibblesans R6 and JJF7 both have really poor battery life as in barely making it from 7am to 7pm under light use with virtually everything off and very light usage.

I'm about to reflash and only restore a few apps to see if there is a rogue one causing this poor performance because it doesn't seem to be as simple as doing the recalibration or tied to a single ROM going by my extensive research on this forum.

Guest tomatoface
I just want to say thanks KK!

This RLS8 ROM is the best in terms of stability and battery usage. Its been 2 days, and still on 61 percent. YAY!

Thanks for your efforts in making this available ;) :)

+1 I agree this is the best unofficial Froyo release to date. The best balance between performance and battery life and stability, a world away from the original orange version. Thanks very much.

Guest leetron1
hey kallt!

probably been asked already, but could you add 0x90's control widget to the notification bar pulldown by default in RLS9?

like this;

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=68893

makes less dead space there too ;)

Please NO..love the uncluttered look of the notification pulldown..an addon surely

Guest IronDoc

It's really quite ridiculous that we can't pin down this battery thing at all. All we've deduced is there is high usage and partial wake from dialler, and it uses more when 3G and/or wifi are enabled (though we don't know which or if it's both).

Hi guys i'm a bit of a newbie but here goes - We have 2 X San Frans

Loaded 2.2 from Jellyfish last night and bothe phones are running fine (mine and the wifes).

Is there an idiots guide to overclocking somewhere?

Do just load the zip of the overclocking kernel(?) to the sd card and unzip etc as I did for 2.2?

Many thanks.

Edited by Ant777

Guest leetron1
Hi guys i'm a bit of a newbie but here goes - We have 2 X San Frans

Loaded 2.2 from Jellyfish last night and bothe phones are running fine (mine and the wifes).

Is there an idiots guide to overclocking somewhere?

Do just load the zip of the overclocking kernel(?) to the sd card and unzip etc as I did for 2.2?

Many thanks.

If you've flashed the JJ release then kernel is OC'able..need to use setCPU or use overclock widget (as I do myself) both from market.

Guest whatcolour
It's really quite ridiculous that we can't pin down this battery thing at all. All we've deduced is there is high usage and partial wake from dialler, and it uses more when 3G and/or wifi are enabled (though we don't know which or if it's both).

The dialer issue is indeed quite odd! Now that both brightness control (you should really try this) and stock FM are fixed, this dialer problem is the only obstacle away from a perfect Froyo. Hope KK's compiling from AOSP journey goes well!

If you've flashed the JJ release then kernel is OC'able..need to use setCPU or use overclock widget (as I do myself) both from market.

I'm getting a quadrant score of 333 am I doing something wrong?

Guest leetron1
I'm getting a quadrant score of 333 am I doing something wrong?

Don't tell anyone (as if!!)..turned on stagefright in build.prop, OC 710, ahb OC but NO hw accel= Quadrant 1272...Could NOT believe...

Guess if Stagefright is broken, I shouldn't believe it!

Even with 'fright off, 333 seems low with cpu OC...

Try reboot then another run>>

Don't tell anyone (as if!!)..turned on stagefright in build.prop, OC 710, ahb OC but NO hw accel= Quadrant 1272...Could NOT believe...

Guess if Stagefright is broken, I shouldn't believe it!

Even with 'fright off, 333 seems low with cpu OC...

Try reboot then another run>>

Do you mean switch the phone off and back on kind of reboot or clockwork reboot?