[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest leetron1
Do you mean switch the phone off and back on kind of reboot or clockwork reboot?

Yeah just turn phone off then on again & give Q another run :lol:

Also, if you type 'quadrant' into the search topic box below left then you'll find a mine of info..good luck

Edited by leetron1

Guest Maringer

I've been using the basic JJ8 for the past 24 hours and no real problems to report. I was getting the "Connection" problem but switching off AGPS as suggested seems to have helped. Battery life seems to be fine to me, certainly on a par with FF4 which I had been using previously.

I rather like the SmartDialer but haven't installed it on my phone yet. I've tried DialerOne but prefer the SmartDialer so I think I'll wait until RLS9 becomes available before running the TPT partition installation!

Guest PeterDreher
I rather like the SmartDialer but haven't installed it on my phone yet. I've tried DialerOne but prefer the SmartDialer so I think I'll wait until RLS9 becomes available before running the TPT partition installation!

Advantages of the TPT Partition Installation? Disadvantages? Thx

Guest Martin Watson

Hi,

Love this ROM (JJ8), no real issues with the battery at all, though WIFI does kill it pretty quick - same on my IPod Touch if it comes to that. Sees me to the end of the day which is all that matters to me. Nice to see all my Facebook contacts imported as well, a pleasant surprise seeing as some folks said it didn't work.

Only issue for me is the slow WIFI scan and connect, though that only takes around 30 seconds, so I can live with it.

This is my first Android device (though I've run the x86 variants on PC), I just bought it out of interest because of the low price point. What a ride!

Martin.

Guest doireabu

hi,

kinda new to all of this, im just after installing RLS8, noticed the touch pad a bit sluggish but it seems ok now.....

one question

i installed to the root of the device, however for installing eclair i think i added to sd folder, can i remove some of this old stuff..... not sure which folders i can touch, such as android etc

Guest IronDoc
Nice to see all my Facebook contacts imported as well, a pleasant surprise seeing as some folks said it didn't work.

It's just merging/joining existing contacts that doesn't work now.

hi,

kinda new to all of this, im just after installing RLS8, noticed the touch pad a bit sluggish but it seems ok now.....

one question

i installed to the root of the device, however for installing eclair i think i added to sd folder, can i remove some of this old stuff..... not sure which folders i can touch, such as android etc

I don't really understand what you're saying. What did you install to the root of the device? What stuff do you want to move?

Guest Maringer
Advantages of the TPT Partition Installation? Disadvantages? Thx

Advantages are that the 80 megs or so of wasted space in the system partition is added to the data partition so you can install more apps on the phone.

Disadvantages? Nothing too bad. Larger ROMs will not fit in the 128MB system left in the most common TPT partition used but the process is reversible and, should a Cyanogen Mod become available for the Blade in due course, I don't doubt that some of the clever folks on this board will create a TPT framework with a larger system partition!

Oh, I understand there is also some low-level firmware from the hacked Hungarian fix installed on the phone but this doesn't appear to cause any problems whatsoever. At least, I've not seen anything reported!

Guest doireabu
It's just merging/joining existing contacts that doesn't work now.

I don't really understand what you're saying. What did you install to the root of the device? What stuff do you want to move?

thanks for reply.... when i attach my phone and view as mass usb i can see loads of folders

.android secure

android

books

clockworkmod

data

DCIM

LOST.DIR

media

svox

thinkingitems

titaniumbackup

z7logs

and then i also have the zipped RLS8 file

can i remove any of this stuff to free up space?

also i did a titanium backup before installing RLS8 but when i try to run the batch operation to restore missing apps and system data it doesnt seem to do anything (i followed the instruction orangesanfrancisco.co.uk)

also the titaniumbackup folder appears to be empty

thanks in advance

Guest IronDoc
thanks for reply.... when i attach my phone and view as mass usb i can see loads of folders

.android secure

android

books

clockworkmod

data

DCIM

LOST.DIR

media

svox

thinkingitems

titaniumbackup

z7logs

and then i also have the zipped RLS8 file

can i remove any of this stuff to free up space?

also i did a titanium backup before installing RLS8 but when i try to run the batch operation to restore missing apps and system data it doesnt seem to do anything (i followed the instruction orangesanfrancisco.co.uk)

also the titaniumbackup folder appears to be empty

thanks in advance

.android_secure is where froyo stores apps you've moved to sd

android has generic app data in

books is for an ebook app I presume

clockworkmod has your backups etc in

data is generic app data again

DCIM is probably camera photos

LOST.DIR is sort of linux's recycle bin I think

media is where you're expected to store your media (funnily enough)

svox is data for svox TTS I guess

thinking items I dunno

titanium backup should contain all your backed up data

z7logs not too sure but wouldn't delete it

You've not really got any stuff that looks like it taking space needlessly unless you can get rid of some media or books.

Open Titanium and press menu, then press legend. It will show you what the symbols mean. Check those against the apps listed because it sounds like you have no backups, unless you have a backup of the Titanium folder on your SD.

Edited by IronDoc

Guest dbeckett

I've had the modaco 2.1 r4 rom for the last 2months or so, I moved to jellyfish yesterday and I'm enjoying it. However my wi-fi sleep policy keeps getting reset to 'never', is this normal? When i change it back to 'when screen turns off', it only stays on this setting for a few hours, and then for whatever reason gets automatically reverted back to 'never'.

I had the same problem with my 2.1 rom, however I obviously did a wipe before installation which would have cleared the 2.1 settings? Any help is appreciated

I'd just like to give my thanks to kallt_kaffe for making this ROM. I installed it yesterday and since then I've had no problems with it so far. Seems much quicker and more stable than Paul's ROM even If I was using R3. So thanks, will keep a close eye on the releases.

Guest JBSCARFACE

To KK :

When u plan to fix simcard issues?

if i try to save new contact to sim result FORCE CLOSE

If i try to import contact from sim its Loading forever and no contacts imported

If i Export contacts to sim result FORCE CLOSE

Guest Ralph Martin

Earlier I posted about Bluetooth File Transfer not working. It seems this is a basic issue with Android, not JJ. Quoting a message from the main forum:

Plain vanilla Android has seemingly limited general file transfer capabilities. "There's an App for that."

Try Bluetooth File Transfer (free) or if you use Astro File Manager (free), add the Astro Bluetooth module (free). All from Market.

Sorry to point the finger at JJ. I still can't believe this is not built into Android.

Guest jr866gooner

Have flashed my phone and will now be going to sleep.... will report back on my thoughts, 7 was good so lets see!

Fantastic work KK btw has this solved the minor internet web page connection issue?

thankyou!!!

Guest ak167777
Don't tell anyone (as if!!)..turned on stagefright in build.prop, OC 710, ahb OC but NO hw accel= Quadrant 1272...Could NOT believe...

Guess if Stagefright is broken, I shouldn't believe it!

Even with 'fright off, 333 seems low with cpu OC...

Try reboot then another run>>

is it correct to modify as following?

media.stagefright.enable-player=false

media.stagefright.enable-meta=false

media.stagefright.enable-scan=false

media.stagefright.enable-http=false

To

media.stagefright.enable-player=true

media.stagefright.enable-meta=true

media.stagefright.enable-scan=true

media.stagefright.enable-http=true

With WiFi on, phone literally loses 1% every minute. It's that bad. That's a pity because this is the best ROM for the blade. And that's the reason I moved to flb's ROM to compare the battery life. It is better. And GPS, I've found, doesn't work in flb's ROM either. So must be some other issue. Coz it was working for me on Paul's ROMs. Anyway once the WiFi battery drain is fixed, JJ will be THE perfect ROM. Thanks for amount of work you've put into this, kallt.

Guest totalcmdext

Hi,

I have installed the RLS8 with the hw_ui and ahb_overcloced patches.

The rom it is realy good but i would like to ask the following

How can i checked that the EXT4 partiiton on my SD is working properly and programs are installed there instead of internal data

Do, i need to install any application for this because the kernel is patched to support A2SD

Thanks

I'm on RLS8, and have problem with exchange (Zimbra) calendar sync.

The problem is, that my exchange appointments are not synchronising with the calendar in android. Logcat doesn't show anything about calendar or the account when I push manual sync in Accounts & Sync setting.

It was working with one of the previous roms (or the stock one, I don't remember)

The solution was for me: you need to enable Auto-sync at least once after you set up your exchange account. After that calendar sync will work even when auto-sync is disabled.

Guest Rotmann
is it correct to modify as following?

media.stagefright.enable-player=false

media.stagefright.enable-meta=false

media.stagefright.enable-scan=false

media.stagefright.enable-http=false

To

media.stagefright.enable-player=true

media.stagefright.enable-meta=true

media.stagefright.enable-scan=true

media.stagefright.enable-http=true

Leave stagefright-http to false or else it will give you green bars on HQ yoochoob videos.

Guest Ricey155

Installed for a few days RSL8 - seems smooth and running nicely no issues my end

GPS seems to take time to find itself using places. foursquare but on Endomondo fitness tracker fires straight to GPS OK

keep it going appreciated

Guest TimJBart

Yeh thank you for the work you do on the ROM. I installed and it is working beautifully.

One quick question I have, does this ROM display the H if in an hsdpa enabled area?

Thanks

Guest whatcolour
Yeh thank you for the work you do on the ROM. I installed and it is working beautifully.

One quick question I have, does this ROM display the H if in an hsdpa enabled area?

Thanks

Yes.

Guest extremedigital

After a quick jaunt to test modaco r11 for 1 day i have to say i'm back to Jellyfish RLS8

All in All i'm happy with this rom and i think this is the rom for my day to day use.

In all honesty apart from the Facebook contacts merge issue (which i have got around by manually adding pictures for all my contacts in my Gmail account) there is nothing else for now i would want for.

Great work KK, thanks for all your work.

PS i added the 0x90 mod to move the power widget to the notification area, however this time i decided that i have no hw ui, no overclock, no theme and to be honest thats fast enough and stable for me and battery life is good.

Saying i have had to switch off the wifi as like some people have mentioned previously this is a real battery killer

Guest oh!dougal
It's really quite ridiculous that we can't pin down this battery thing at all. All we've deduced is there is high usage and partial wake from dialler, and it uses more when 3G and/or wifi are enabled (though we don't know which or if it's both).

Battery

--- First thing --- charge your phone FULLY. Not to "100%" because that's probably not 100% of what it COULD hold.

In the evening, charge it up to 100% with the phone on.

Before you go to bed, disconnect from the charger, turn the phone off (yes, really!) and put it back on charge (switched off) while you sleep.

I would expect your battery to last better, after fully charging it like that.

--- Second thing --- My phone got left on standby, all yesterday.

Mobile Data ON

Google Account Sync ON

Wifi OFF

Bluetooth OFF

GPS OFF

Phone signal strength showing as pretty POOR

>>>>>>>>>>> After 12 hours, the battery was still showing 96% <<<<<<<<<<

I'm running r7 by the way ... (and it had charged overnight, switched on, immediately beforehand)

... and I think that's pretty good, really. :lol: