[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Please NO..love the uncluttered look of the notification pulldown..an addon surely

I agree on leaving things uncluttered, but would love to find a ref to this widget. Actually the only extension widget that I can find is payware. I assume the original poster is referrring to another widget since ofc we cannot add paid widgets in the rom.

FM

Guest Rotmann
I agree on leaving things uncluttered, but would love to find a ref to this widget. Actually the only extension widget that I can find is payware. I assume the original poster is referrring to another widget since ofc we cannot add paid widgets in the rom.

FM

No, look.

Battery

Mobile Data ON

Google Account Sync ON

Wifi OFF

Bluetooth OFF

GPS OFF

Phone signal strength showing as pretty POOR

>>>>>>>>>>> After 12 hours, the battery was still showing 96% <<<<<<<<<<

I'm running r7 by the way ... (and it had charged overnight, switched on, immediately beforehand)

... and I think that's pretty good, really. :lol:

your findings support my theory (posted earlier) that WIFI is the real battery killer here. as soon as i turn it on, my battery drains rapidly. i haven't applied your charging strategy though.

Try Scandinavian Keyboard from market and Finnish dictionary to it.

I should have been more specific. I would like to get Finnish layout to Gingerbread keyboard. Ability to quickly change between different languages is a real killer feature for me. I need write SMSes in Finnish and in English and it helps also in web searches etc.

Also, it's probably just placebo but I seem to make less typos with Gingerbread keyboard :lol:

Guest Jai Cee
your findings support my theory (posted earlier) that WIFI is the real battery killer here. as soon as i turn it on, my battery drains rapidly. i haven't applied your charging strategy though.

I'd agree mostly, wifi certainly kills the battery but doing a similar test I lost 10% battery in 7 hours yesterday with only a single exchange account syncing.

On a separate note is there any way to fix the Facebook/social contacts not merging?it works great on fibblesans rom but I can only sync but not merge with JJF8

Guest los_alamos_boy

Does anyone else have a problem of their computer not recognizing the blade's SD trough the USB? Everything goes like it should in the blade but nothing happens in the computer. Used to work with the stock rom, but not now…

I'm using RLS8 with AHB and HWui. My computer is a intel mac with the lastest snow leopard.

Guest IronDoc
Battery

--- First thing --- charge your phone FULLY. Not to "100%" because that's probably not 100% of what it COULD hold.

In the evening, charge it up to 100% with the phone on.

Before you go to bed, disconnect from the charger, turn the phone off (yes, really!) and put it back on charge (switched off) while you sleep.

I would expect your battery to last better, after fully charging it like that.

--- Second thing --- My phone got left on standby, all yesterday.

Mobile Data ON

Google Account Sync ON

Wifi OFF

Bluetooth OFF

GPS OFF

Phone signal strength showing as pretty POOR

>>>>>>>>>>> After 12 hours, the battery was still showing 96% <<<<<<<<<<

I'm running r7 by the way ... (and it had charged overnight, switched on, immediately beforehand)

... and I think that's pretty good, really. :lol:

I'm not having problems myself, at least I don't think I am, my phone doesn't often leave charge for an entire day. I just think it's pretty weird how random it seems to be.

Keeping charging your phone like that isn't great for the battery's long term life btw. The phone lets it run down slightly while on charge deliberately, it's not some kind of mistake. I don't know how significant it would be of course.

Guest spaceguy
Does anyone else have a problem of their computer not recognizing the blade's SD trough the USB? Everything goes like it should in the blade but nothing happens in the computer. Used to work with the stock rom, but not now…

I'm using RLS8 with AHB and HWui. My computer is a intel mac with the lastest snow leopard.

turn off the USB debugging before you connect your usb to the computer and it will recognize it, i had the same problem and i solved it that way

Edited by spaceguy

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Thaks for this rom, i LOVE it.

I flashed it yesterday after having used the modaco r11 rom for a few days.

and i like this rom much more, it gives me like 2x the battery time as well some how.

Hello everyone

I need your help since i couldn't find any solution.

Since upgrading from RLS6 to RLS8 (with wipe/reset) i get the error message "connection cannot be made" when trying to connect to a correctly configured APN.

Any ideas how to resolve this problem?

Thanks, NOI5IA

Guest feckineejit
For anyone having the problem with the Telefonica O2 UK Limited operator name try copying the libril-qc-1.so from the Orange Stock ROM 2.1 to the system\lib folder. I did this before flashing and it worked for me. It now displays O2-UK

Thanks for the info, got my phone saying o2-uk now :lol:

i tak robie..ale kontaktow mam ponad 400 i duzo z polskimi znakami...:)wiec taka edycja wielu kontaktow i zmiana na polskie litery troche jest meczaca:)

It is the only way.

Niestety , na tę chwilę to chyba jedyny sposób - pytałes na polskim forum androida w takim samym wątku ?

Guest Salsaholic

Is there still no generic solution for the network provider name issue?

With Hungarian Hedgehog I saw the right network name "discoTEL" (a re-seller of T-Mobile in Germany).

Since I'm on JJ (R5 and 6), I see nothing here. Empty box in the network choice menu as well.

Someone mentioned that the FLB Froyo did not have this issue - anyone tried moving his libril-qc-1.so into JJ?

(could I do that on a working system, or do I need to run a complete update, after replacing the file in the ZIP?)

Besides that my phone is running very nicely with JJ6, so I have no urge to upgrade (and wipe) to JJ8. Even Battery consumption is fine, I can last almost 2 days with constant WIFI on, 3G/Edge off (APNdroid) and rather intensive use.

Guest oh!dougal

Keeping charging your phone like that isn't great for the battery's long term life btw. The phone lets it run down slightly while on charge deliberately, it's not some kind of mistake. I don't know how significant it would be of course.

Simply untrue.

The Blade rate of charge is carefully controlled internally.

The charge rate is controlled by pulse width modulation (on and off for varying times)

Then when "full" only occasional pulses are delivered to ensure battery maintenance.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?js...870&act=url

... but if it wasn't really full, those small pulses will slowly put more charge into the battery, so that it does achieve its maximum capacity, so that 100% becomes correctly calibrated.

Charging it long and slow, thus cool, (I now use a 180mA headset charger), is the kindest you can be to a LiIon battery.

Keeping it on charge permanently (despite charge management) might not be the best idea though.

I consider it meaningless "noise" for anyone to complain about battery usage, before ensuring that their phone is properly charged and that what the battery stats think and report as "100%" really is 100%.

/digression

Guest mvheuver

I have the same problem. On RLS5, when I first installed it (noob here), it worked fine on my Mac (Intel, Snow Leopard), but later on it stopped working. Same on RLS8. Now I use Windows 7 in Virtualbox to transfer files onto the phone. Would be nice to get it working again on the Mac though...

Guest liorwohl

hello, just installed this ROM yesterday and it's working very good and i like it. thanks :lol:

but one problem: I'm not from UK and and I want to use the stock keyboard with Hebrew.

but when i enable the Hebrew keyboard it's just showing an English keyboard without the numbers, no Hebrew letters. so i had to install anysoftkeyboard from the market.

Guest DonJamal

hi there

i installed jjrls8 and Gameloft AC on my blade and AC runs much slower when the rom was jjrls6... wtf ? :)

just installed hw ui enabler and it rocks :lol:

Edited by DonJamal

Guest IronDoc
Simply untrue.

The Blade rate of charge is carefully controlled internally.

The charge rate is controlled by pulse width modulation (on and off for varying times)

Then when "full" only occasional pulses are delivered to ensure battery maintenance.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?js...870&act=url

... but if it wasn't really full, those small pulses will slowly put more charge into the battery, so that it does achieve its maximum capacity, so that 100% becomes correctly calibrated.

Charging it long and slow, thus cool, (I now use a 180mA headset charger), is the kindest you can be to a LiIon battery.

Keeping it on charge permanently (despite charge management) might not be the best idea though.

I consider it meaningless "noise" for anyone to complain about battery usage, before ensuring that their phone is properly charged and that what the battery stats think and report as "100%" really is 100%.

/digression

Then there's no need to disconnect and force it to start charging again. I'm fairly sure the number of discharges is limited for li-ions isn't it? Unless partial discharges don't count somehow.

Guest los_alamos_boy
turn off the USB debugging before you connect your usb to the computer and it will recognize it, i had the same problem and i solved it that way

Does not do the trick on my phone. No matter in which order I do it. Anyone else have any ideas?

Guest vt750c2
I've found a language problem withe the word for "birthday" in contacts while using german language. It's called "Fodselsdag" (with a line trough the 'o') but should be "Geburtstag".

Is there a file where I can change this? (Experienced in RLS 5 and 6, 7 and 8 not yet testet)

Thankx! And keep up your amazing work on this ROM!!!

Vt750c2

'caus everyone ignored my post ...

I guess this should be easy to fix.

Any ideas how to?

Thankx!

Guest rxexdxbxaxnxd
Thanks for the info, got my phone saying o2-uk now :lol:

mine says giffgaff... amazing how the smallest details can be the most annoying sometimes... ;-)

It's easy to change, not sure what other differences there are in the original Orange library vs the jj one... just overtype the text in a hexeditor and fill the rest with null (00) so that the size and offset does not change...

eg

post-791407-1295616644_thumb.png

Edited by rxexdxbxaxnxd

Guest cartierv
Does not do the trick on my phone. No matter in which order I do it. Anyone else have any ideas?

Sounds obvious but:

The card works in the phone ok ?

Try a different USB socket

Try rebooting the Mac and or phone

Are other external USB devices working ok on the Mac (if not it's PMU or SMU reset - sorry can't remember which - please check Apple's knowledge base for your model)

Edit: sorry didn't see other post.

I think it works here ok or did the other night with R7

Edited by cartierv