[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Quoting myself:

Hello everyone

I need your help since i couldn't find any solution.

Since upgrading from RLS6 to RLS8 (with wipe/reset) i get the error message "connection cannot be made" when trying to connect to a correctly configured APN.

Any ideas how to resolve this problem?

Thanks, NOI5IA

Any ideas?

Guest abdidas
First need to ensure you are using the mobile version of tvcatchup ie m.tvcatchup.com

then if you go to the website forum you will see the red banner at the top says the mobile service is out of action for the time being http://forums.tvcatchup.com/

Think it's the case for every 2.2 ROM that need the Youtube App is needed to play the vids rather than the web version

Hope this helps

Hi thanks that explains it for tvcatchup but youtube use to work from the website when I was using 2.1 and by youtube i mean the mobile version, it use to open up the video in fullscreen when clicked but now it just says video cannot be played.

Guest vitroid

I installed the contacts fix by putting it in the file structure in the hw_ui addon and then flashing it, I know it's kind of a weird workaround, but it worked :)

Facebook sync is working perfect now :lol:

Guest kallt_kaffe
I installed the contacts fix by putting it in the file structure in the hw_ui addon and then flashing it, I know it's kind of a weird workaround, but it worked :)

Facebook sync is working perfect now :lol:

That's a good way to do it. If you also want to avoid turning on HW UI, just delete build.prop in that file.

Guest cartierv
Maybe I'm just misunderstanding this issue, but I think I had the same problem. Battery would drain like crazy even when I didn't use the phone at all (i.e. leaving it over night when it should be sleeping). Seems like it was kept on partial wake a lot, cause the front buttons could wake it up. This was also confirmed with the battery usage statistics. For me, turning FB sync completely off helped, and the phone went back to full sleep. This seems like it would fit the symptoms of dialer/network being used, since the FB sync is integrated in the dialer.

So FB sync is part of dialler ?

Ok. I'm gonna sound ignorant here I'm sure. Is FB sync being a part of dialler a standard thing for android and was it in the Orange stock? I wasn't aware of it.

Assuming I'm understanding correctly, and maybe I'm not and someone can correct me, but I assume Dialler is for dialling numbers, i.e an extremely fundamental part of the unit's base telephone function. At what point in Android development did it become integrated into facebook ?

Guest whatcolour
Here's a Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk that I've compiled from AOSP source. Should work with facebook sync and join/split. The Groups tab is gone though as it isn't avialable in the AOSP version.

Can someone try this out (with RLS8) and make sure nothing else got broken in the process.

You will at least need to wipe data for all Contacts related apps (should be 3) or a full wipe will of course also work.

Guess I'm too late in testing, glad to see the fb problem fixed. One minor issue only, kk. Would you please put the hdpi icons in there as well, they are currently mdpi. Again, excellent effort!!

It works and I can merge facebook contacts.

But...

I am using SmartDialer addon I lose the dialer (well, I get the standard one via contacts) and Groups. Also after reboot the facebook merge option is gone and the dialer is reverted back to SmartDialer and so is contacts (get groups back)

After reboot the contacts stay merged and the only options are "done" "revert" and "separate", join is gone for good until the whole process is done again

Guest andynzor

Running JJ RLS8 with circle battery indicator and saunalahti_ril mods. The battery runs dry in a couple of hours, at about the same rate as if I used the phone all the time. I've disabled Background Data, Auto Sync and sync for both my Exchange and GMail accounts. The 3G/E/G symbol never disappears in the status bar; in stock 2.1 it disappeared when programs weren't using mobile data. I've also tried removing all apps to no avail. Spare parts shows that the main culprit that uses network is a program named "0".

While I was writing this post the battery went from 72 to 68 percent.

Guest tomatoface

Weird battery symbol !!! Apologies if this has been mentioned before but i'm running the battery circle percentage addon for this superb rom and I've noticed that when it's fully charged there is a weird red battery warning symbol that eventually changes back to normal after the battery has drained a little. Anyone else notice this?

Is there still no generic solution for the network provider name issue?

With Hungarian Hedgehog I saw the right network name "discoTEL" (a re-seller of T-Mobile in Germany).

Since I'm on JJ (R5 and 6), I see nothing here. Empty box in the network choice menu as well.

Someone mentioned that the FLB Froyo did not have this issue - anyone tried moving his libril-qc-1.so into JJ?

(could I do that on a working system, or do I need to run a complete update, after replacing the file in the ZIP?)

Besides that my phone is running very nicely with JJ6, so I have no urge to upgrade (and wipe) to JJ8. Even Battery consumption is fine, I can last almost 2 days with constant WIFI on, 3G/Edge off (APNdroid) and rather intensive use.

I extracted the lib files from the FLB ROM & pasted them into system/lib using root explorer. Works perfectly in the UK! Files attached below.

Android.zip

Guest BArtNimal
So FB sync is part of dialler ?

Ok. I'm gonna sound ignorant here I'm sure. Is FB sync being a part of dialler a standard thing for android and was it in the Orange stock? I wasn't aware of it.

Assuming I'm understanding correctly, and maybe I'm not and someone can correct me, but I assume Dialler is for dialling numbers, i.e an extremely fundamental part of the unit's base telephone function. At what point in Android development did it become integrated into facebook ?

Sync is an integrated part of the contacts. contacts/dialer are all interlinked afaik. it allows you to sync with different platforms, most important for most people using this being exchange servers and google contacts. one can sync facebook as well, but its not like some facebook made code is integrated in android.

hope that clears it up a bit.

Guest Carlos Abel Chavez Slim
I extracted the lib files from the FLB ROM & pasted them into system/lib using root explorer. Works perfectly in the UK! Files attached below.

Yep, I did the same for fixing the network name.

Overwriting libril-qc-1.so in system/lib was sufficient.

This should be integrated into RLS9.

Guest Jai Cee

Great news on the facebook merge issue.

One other tiny bug I've noticed is that the music app does not switch to landscape mode in the now playing screen. This is working Fibblesans ROM so is it safe to just move over the music players apk to this ROM?

Animated gifs still dont seem to be supported? :lol: Other than that, liking it pretty much so far.

Edit:

Hmm, can't open the messaging app "Sorry! The application Messages (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." anytime I try to open the app... Re-applied the rom and cleared app data but to no awail.

Edited by nassi

when I open m.youtube.com on browser, it does not launch youtube app when I play video and I can't play any video . Please check.

Install YouTube app from market :lol:

Guest DonJamal

hi

ive got problems with contacts... if i import contacts from sim to phone and change the display location to local contacts it shows nothing..

sombody else got this problem?