[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

I´m having problems with the new contacts. It fixes the facebook sync and i can join contacts. Problems is that when someone calls me it does not recognize the caller and only shows number but in call log it founds the callers name. Anyone else having this?

Edited by Kleimo

Install the lastest japanese-jellyfish-rls8

How do you get the pinch to zoom function to work? (like My desire HD and Iphone)

Thanks

Edited by umster

Guest paraselene
Install YouTube app from market :lol:

I have installed youtube app. Previously, when I open links in youtube from browser, it should open the app directly.

I´m having problems with the new contacts. It fixes the facebook sync and i can join contacts. Problems is that when someone calls me it does not recognize the caller and only shows number but in call log it founds the callers name. Anyone else having this?

I have that too, my GF called and got mad because i didnt know who was calling.. lol.

Hi,

What are the last two files attached in the first post?

Attached File(s)

saunalahti_ril.zip ( 318.72K ) Number of downloads: 555

yesss_v2.zip ( 374.13K ) Number of downloads: 234

Ash

Guest hCrespo

I have problems with bluetooth. In the most of the times can't receive or send nothing. The other terminal stays trying to send but the transfer doesn't start, the same occurs sending via pc bluetooth. It's rare the time that it works. Before the rom it worked fine :lol:

Guest oh!dougal

Has Fibblesan fixed this in his AOSP contacts/dialler ? ISTR seeing it being reported as an issue with his build of it.

Guest Vladooo

There is still a bug in RLS8:

Google Contacts Sync do not work properly - try changing contact's birthday in your phone, it is not synced back to google but is replaced with previous birthday from google servers

Guest oh!dougal
Hi,

What are the last two files attached in the first post?

Attached File(s)

saunalahti_ril.zip ( 318.72K ) Number of downloads: 555

yesss_v2.zip ( 374.13K ) Number of downloads: 234

Ash

Should have gone to Specsavers? :) :lol:

Try again to read the paragraph immediately above those attachments, starting "Known Issues".

Guest robinhud2010

Just bought this awesome phone(This is my first android)! Only downside is it's abit laggy and I've already used up my meagre 150mbs of internal space. Considering going for Froyo Rom for the Apps2sd feature and this seems to be the best choice.

Got a coupla questions:

Does this ROM support Apps2sd? And do I have to (and how) to partition my 8 gb sd card to install apps to the sd card?

Forgive my ignorance (I'm a complete newbie). And thanks in advance :lol:

Guest Len Ash
There is still a bug in RLS8:

Google Contacts Sync do not work properly - try changing contact's birthday in your phone, it is not synced back to google but is replaced with previous birthday from google servers

No problem here... basic RLS8 install. All good, FB and Google contacts sync and merge perfectly. Not sure about birthdays though... interesting.

No FCs on anything.

Screen auto-brightness somewhat differently calibrated than 2.1, but not actually a problem. Operator name was wrong, but easy to fix.

WiFi sleeps and reconnects every time and after overnight sleep too.

Battery life good.

No added fluff or themes....

Edited by Len Ash

Guest DonJamal

hi

ive got problems with contacts... if i import contacts from sim to phone and change the display location to local contacts it shows nothing.. (only if i use to display the sim location and right click one by one on the contacts and copy to local) whenever i do the "import from sim" option, it re-adds all the contacts but i still cant see them, if I change the location to local! and when i import to sd card it shows hundreds of contacts despite the fact i only have 70!

sombody else got this problem?

Edited by DonJamal

Guest oh!dougal

Birthdays

I'm running r7. (so Japanese-issue Contacts, etc) and haven't been entering Birthdays

... but Birthdays really don't sync happily.

A birthday entered into the phone (strictly numeric-only entry) shows in the contact data on the phone only, and as 10 Apr 1970. It does not sync 'up' to Google.

On the computer, a birthday entered in 10 April format (no year) was accepted by Gmail (no format guidance), but thereafter trying to edit that contact's info (to see the birthday) on the phone caused an Unexpected program quit on the phone. Making it 10 April 1970 on Gmail, sync'd down 10 Apr 1970 happily enough to the phone.

And I still have not yet seen such any Birthday show up in Calendar... at all. (Maybe I'm missing something obvious!)

So, long story short, its not something new in r8, and it seems like a bug in the 2.2 Android release.

Guest MadeInBeats

Hello. First time poster. How's it going!

I've just installed this but the WiFi isn't working. It detects networks but when I ask to connect to mine, I enter the key, press connect and it just constantly says: scanning, authenticating, closed and cycles through that! It's even stopped doing that now, just doesn't connect withough even a message.

So, I guess I'll be trying a different ROM!

Guest leetron1
Just bought this awesome phone(This is my first android)! Only downside is it's abit laggy and I've already used up my meagre 150mbs of internal space. Considering going for Froyo Rom for the Apps2sd feature and this seems to be the best choice.

Got a coupla questions:

Does this ROM support Apps2sd? And do I have to (and how) to partition my 8 gb sd card to install apps to the sd card?

Yes it does, very well & you need an ext2/3 partition alongside FAT32, with the FAT first, I believe. If done correctly then apps will auto store in your ext...

Use market app Quick System Info to check, and good luck...its a great ROM...

Edited by leetron1

Guest oh!dougal

Yes it does, very well & you need an ext2/3 partition alongside FAT32, with the FAT first, I believe. ...

App 2 SD is an inbuilt FroYo (2.2) function.

It does NOT require partitioning the sdcard.

A2SD - a different thing - does require partitioning.

See the Glossary http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-for-new-users/

Guest Carlos Abel Chavez Slim
So, long story short, its not something new in r8, and it seems like a bug in the 2.2 Android release.

But Google never have bugs.

Guest D Express

Many thanks for the release.

I just go from rls4 to rls8 and notice that my screen does not go off automatically. If i leave the phone there, screen just stays on and hence eats the battery. Does anyone else face this problem? This is not convenient, I do not mind to turn off the screen manually by pressing the power button but when I got a missed call, the screen does not turn off.

Please help me!

Ps: I do install the 0x90 mod, can it be the cause?

Edited by D Express

Guest Len Ash
Many thanks for the release.

I just go from rls4 to rls8 and notice that my screen does not go off automatically. If i leave the phone there, screen just stays on and hence eats the battery. Does anyone else face this problem? This is not convenient, I do not mind to turn off the screen manually by pressing the power button but when I got a missed call, the screen does not turn off.

Please help me!

Ps: I do install the 0x90 mod, can it be the cause?

Well, my "clean" and simple RLS8 doesn't misbehave like that, so you have either not fully wiped or have intalled something that is messing things up...

Guest D Express
Well, my "clean" and simple RLS8 doesn't misbehave like that, so you have either not fully wiped or have intalled something that is messing things up...

That makes sense, I try to remove something then.

Guest null_815

BLutooth issue in RLS8 ???

I dont know if this is an Issue or not,

if iwant send a file from Desire to Blade over Blutooth ,

for example 123.apk than the files is not acceptet by blade (without any failure message).

If you rename the same File 123.apk to 123.mp3 than the file transfer is working.

Can someone verivy this issue.

Greetz null_815

I am really sorry if this has been said before, but I could not find a solution when I searched.

I cannot join contacts at all is there any way to fix this?

Guest Salsaholic
I extracted the lib files from the FLB ROM & pasted them into system/lib using root explorer. Works perfectly in the UK! Files attached below.

Thanks a lot for that, very kind of you!

But unfortunately it didn't help... copied libcm.so and libril-qc-1.so over to system/lib using "super manager" (a free alternative for root explorer), rebooted, but still no network name :-(

This is really strange as on 2.1 custom roms (Hungarian Hedgehog 2) it displayed correctly. I guess taking the libs from that ROM would not work / be too risky, right?

PS: Copying these into the ROM zip did not work, the installation failed at verification. Same with my attempt to include the circle battery add-on into the ROM (so save one boot-cycle). I guess at least the SHA digests needed to be updated - any recommendation for a how-to or background info on this?