[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest dbeckett
Thanks a lot for that, very kind of you!

But unfortunately it didn't help... copied libcm.so and libril-qc-1.so over to system/lib using "super manager" (a free alternative for root explorer), rebooted, but still no network name :-(

This is really strange as on 2.1 custom roms (Hungarian Hedgehog 2) it displayed correctly. I guess taking the libs from that ROM would not work / be too risky, right?

PS: Copying these into the ROM zip did not work, the installation failed at verification. Same with my attempt to include the circle battery add-on into the ROM (so save one boot-cycle). I guess at least the SHA digests needed to be updated - any recommendation for a how-to or background info on this?

I just copied both of them using adb with the terminal app 5mins ago, took abit of research as I wasn't used to adb but fixed the problem

I did the following( as far as I remember, just closed the window)

su

mount -o remount,rw -t /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

cp /sdcard/libcm.so /system/lib

cp /sdcard/libril-qc-1.so /system/lib

And after rebooting, o2-uk appeared

Edited by dbeckett

Guest Carlos Abel Chavez Slim
This is really strange as on 2.1 custom roms (Hungarian Hedgehog 2) it displayed correctly. I guess taking the libs from that ROM would not work / be too risky, right?

I copied the two files from Seb's 2.1 ROM and it worked fine.

Guest miker01

Hiya.

Well, everything worked first time!! YAY!

I subsequently added in the circular battery and hardware acceleration [not the > 600 one] extra D/Ls and the battery shows fine.

Question - how can I find out if the HW Acceleration has worked? :lol:

Thanks

Mike

Guest extremedigital

Sorry to bear bad news, whilst the new contact apk worked faultless with my oled SF...

I am having no end of trouble installing them on my wife's led version

Basically it loads and works as normal, no groups tab etc etc however when you reboot the phone the groups tabs reappear BUT the phone crashes constantly and if you try to open either contacts or groups you get an error message:

'Sorry !! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly, Please try again' you then have to force close

Also your contacts will now be totally blank .....

Only way is to wipe all data from clockwork or setting and then it goes back to the old version of contact that is not sync'd

I even went to the trouble of wiping the phone totally and reinstally JJ RLS8 but as soon i apply the new apk, bamm it crashes once you reboot the phone

HELP any ideas why this is happening ???

Edited by extremedigital

Guest robinhud2010
Yes it does, very well & you need an ext2/3 partition alongside FAT32, with the FAT first, I believe. If done correctly then apps will auto store in your ext...

Use market app Quick System Info to check, and good luck...its a great ROM...

Thanks for the feedback.

Got one more question. Can I partition my sdcard using the ROM Manager or through ClockworkMod Recovery or is good old GParted the only way to do it successfully? :lol:

Guest robinhud2010
App 2 SD is an inbuilt FroYo (2.2) function.

It does NOT require partitioning the sdcard.

A2SD - a different thing - does require partitioning.

See the Glossary http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-for-new-users/

Okay, just to get things straight, in order to use apps2sd I don't have to partition my sd card. But the downside is I can only move the apps that are allowed.

And using this a2sd I can move any app I want to the sd card (even system apps and widgets?) :lol:

Guest Ralph Martin

IPv6 Bug (Now OK) (JJ7):

Using my home router, and Orange Stock ROM, my blade got an IPv6 address OK from the router.

Using my home router, and JJ7, my blade does not an IPv6 address from the router.

ip -o -f inet6 addr returns null.

I guess you forgot to turn on some IPv6 related options when configuring the kernel...

Edited:

Now working OK in Release 9.

Edited by Ralph Martin

Guest Gjole86
hey KK sorry to intrude ur topics with trash smile.gif

on xda we kinda have CMI b2 with wifi up, only thing missing to make it fully usable for everyday is teh TS calibration and d-pad disable patchs that u have done before smile.gif pls share them so we are able to continue ur work.

thx alot smile.gif

I'll have a look at the CMI thread and see if I can help with some ideas that I have.

XDA is down atm, but will be back later. pls check us out :lol: we need ur help with screen calibration and that will pretty much finish trying to get it done, next step would be modding it :)

PS: u can always PM me with patches/ideas i will post em there :) thx aain

EDIT: i missed ur PM on 20th jan. sry ;) and thx

Edited by Gjole86

Okay, just to get things straight, in order to use apps2sd I don't have to partition my sd card. But the downside is I can only move the apps that are allowed.

And using this a2sd I can move any app I want to the sd card (even system apps and widgets?) :lol:

Correct - with App 2 SD you can only move 'allowed' apps, unless you install Move2SD, which allows any app to be moved. However some will not work when moved, this is why devs. get to choose if you can install to SD or not.

No partitioning is needed.

With A2SD all users apps are on the sd card in the Ext partition - you don't get a choice. As such, your phone might not start successfully if you remove the SD card (or it fails).

Guest MrPuddington

Power problems - now I got it, too. It was working fine until now, but something I did triggered the phone to drain the battery overnight. It greeted me with a 2% warning in the morning.

ROM: JJ RLS6

Running applications: Facebook, Dialer, Camera

Radio: 3G on, WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS off

Facebook may have been open - and pulling updates? Anyway I think one of the three applications would be to blame. I will see whether I can reproduce this, and then nail it down. Usually I turn 3G off when I don't use the phone, and that seems to avoid the issue.

Birthdays

I'm running r7. (so Japanese-issue Contacts, etc) and haven't been entering Birthdays

... but Birthdays really don't sync happily.

A birthday entered into the phone (strictly numeric-only entry) shows in the contact data on the phone only, and as 10 Apr 1970. It does not sync 'up' to Google.

On the computer, a birthday entered in 10 April format (no year) was accepted by Gmail (no format guidance), but thereafter trying to edit that contact's info (to see the birthday) on the phone caused an Unexpected program quit on the phone. Making it 10 April 1970 on Gmail, sync'd down 10 Apr 1970 happily enough to the phone.

And I still have not yet seen such any Birthday show up in Calendar... at all. (Maybe I'm missing something obvious!)

So, long story short, its not something new in r8, and it seems like a bug in the 2.2 Android release.

Same problem on R7. New events entered into calendar not syncing and saving.

I've installed RLS8,

The menu button used to work on the main screen to get into settings, however now it doesn't.

Please can you help me to get it working again.

many thanks

Guest Rtsbasic

Hi,

Many thanks for this fantastic rom, but I have a small problem. I'm on Orange in the uk, but normally connect t to T-Mobile for a stronger signal. However mobile data isnt working for me when roaming, even though the box is checked. Please help!

Thanks

Guest robinhud2010
Correct - with App 2 SD you can only move 'allowed' apps, unless you install Move2SD, which allows any app to be moved. However some will not work when moved, this is why devs. get to choose if you can install to SD or not.

No partitioning is needed.

With A2SD all users apps are on the sd card in the Ext partition - you don't get a choice. As such, your phone might not start successfully if you remove the SD card (or it fails).

Thanks. That clears up much of the confusion. Japanese Jellyfish, here I come! :lol:

Guest skymera

Hi

I don't think my LEDs are working correctly with this ROM.

I only ever seem to see the green one? Even charging the phone it's green but the phone was about 8% battery level.

Paul's R11 had red too.

EDIT: Ignore, just done LED test and red, orange and green all work. They're just really dim compared to my older phone!

Edited by skymera

Guest jr866gooner
Hi,

Many thanks for this fantastic rom, but I have a small problem. I'm on Orange in the uk, but normally connect t to T-Mobile for a stronger signal. However mobile data isnt working for me when roaming, even though the box is checked. Please help!

Thanks

This is normal, 3G will not be coming to us over T mobile signal until Feb- March acording to orange,I read this somewhere before-they have to do it in a couple of stages, the first was to enable us to sms and call over their network and then they have to do some fiddling with technical stuff for data etc..

Hope this helps!

Guest MrMcIntosh77
Now that many people are asking about keyboards, I will also request something. It would be very nice if we could get proper Finnish keyboard layout.

Just download "Scandinavian Keyboard" and "Finnish Dictionary" from market. Anyway I think its the best keyboard I have seen so far :lol:

Guest tcpaulh
Hi,

Thanks

This is normal, 3G will not be coming to us over T mobile signal until Feb- March acording to orange,I read this somewhere before-they have to do it in a couple of stages, the first was to enable us to sms and call over their network and then they have to do some fiddling with technical stuff for data etc..

Hope this helps!

I only get internet via t-mobile roaming onto orange. It's 2G only of course and quite flakey but it works on and off.

Make sure you have gsm/wcdma mode checked

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest jasonXXx
I only get internet via t-mobile roaming onto orange. It's 2G only of course and quite flakey but it works on and off.

Same for me im on t-mobile UK and no internet works 2g 3g etc but if i change my network settings to t-mobile orange i get a roaming R sign and 2g works fine this is a strange problem and its not just this rom i get the problem on sebs r0.3.

Stagefright is definitely broken. If you enable it it may help you in some situations like playing some games where you get an error (movie can not be played). What stops you from enabling it manually? It's a one minute work, look for build.prop edit on the forum for instructions.

The result is fake and stagefright is broken because when you enable it quadrant skips some tests. Showing your friends bigger scores does not bring you anything, childish stuff :lol:

Thanks for confirming this.

I don't care about the scores.

Have you tried to play a MP4 file with Stagefright on/off?It's so different!

Guest Carlos Abel Chavez Slim

Is there any way of changing this H symbol to 3G as is shown in the 2.1 ROMs?

Edited by Carlos Abel Chavez Slim