[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Is there any way of changing this H symbol to 3G as is shown in the 2.1 ROMs?

Move to an area with a worse mobile signal. H is better than 3G & having different symbols lets you know what kind of signal you're getting.

I am really sorry if this has been said before, but I could not find a solution when I searched.

I cannot join contacts at all is there any way to fix this?

I can't see that option either in JJ RLS 8, and i'm pretty sure i'm looking in the right place.

Any ideas anyone?

Guest Rtsbasic
I only get internet via t-mobile roaming onto orange. It's 2G only of course and quite flakey but it works on and off.

Make sure you have gsm/wcdma mode checked

Sounds like there's definately a problem somewhere..I normally use 2g roaming on Orange T-Mobile for data, as I get the best signal. I don't get a 3g signal at all and the 2g Orange signal is weaker than T-Mobile. I was using Modaco's 2.2 Alpha 4 previously which could data roam on t-mobile without any problem.

Guest ididmytime

The only problem I have with the rom is if I select a icon for a contact it still wont show the picture on the messages page.. I still see the grey andriod picture.

Guest Frankish
I installed the battery circle addon, but dont want it anymore, how do I uninstall it?

Is re-flashing the rom, the only option?

No, take the framework-res.apk from the Japanese Jellyfish rom. Open the circle mod zip file, replace the framework-res.apk witht he one form the rom zip and flash this. Back to stock battery and no need for reflash.

Guest Nickman1200
I thought an AOSP build wouldn't work due to RIL? No phone calls.

KK made a post on swedroid (Swedish forum).

"Min plan för tillfället är dock att göra klart RLS9 vilket förmodligen blir den sista JJ. Sen tänkte jag börja experimentera med att kompilera en egen 2.2:an från AOSP (Android Open Source Project) och försöka komma underfund med vilka ZTE specifika anpassningar som behöver göras. RLS9 kommer att innehålla några apk:er som jag redan kompilerat från AOSP som Contacts, ContactsProvider, MMS och SpareParts."

Quick translate:

My plan is for the time being to finish RLS9 which probably will be the last JJ. Then i was thinking of experimenting with compiling my own 2.2 from ASOP (Android Open Source Project).

RLS9 will contain some APK's that's compiled from ASOP. Contacts, ContactsProvider, MMS and SpareParts.

Guest johannes140

EDIT: fixed the issue by installing a different firmware/driver for the wireless chip. if you experience the same issue check this post! @kk: would you include this firmware in your next release?

KK, thanks for your work. i am experiencing an annoying bug, my favorite wireless connection is disabled after deep sleeps or a reboot. i have to click it again manually in the wireless settings to connect, then the connection will stay until the next deep sleep / reboot. fiddling around with wpa_supplicant.conf (ap_scan 0/1/2, disabled=0/1 etc pp) sadly did not help. i created a logcat file and tried to clean it up a bit to set the focus on the wireless issue and attached it to this post, maybe someone can help me out?

thanks a lot!

logcat.txt

Edited by johannes140

Guest Autarch
IPv6 Bug (JJ7):

Using my home router, and Orange Stock ROM, my blade got an IPv6 address OK from the router.

Using my home router, and JJ7, my blade does not an IPv6 address from the router.

ip -o -f inet6 addr returns null.

I guess you forgot to turn on some IPv6 related options when configuring the kernel...

IPv6 works fine for me using JJ7. I get an address via Stateless Address Autoconfiguration and with a bit of tweaking can get the privacy extensions working too (see IPv6: Privacy Extensions topic). Can't say whether DHCP6 works (we don't run it yet, and I've no idea whether it's supported in Android).

Have you tried connecting to an IPv6 address like ipv6.he.net or sixxs.net? Do they show you as having an IPv6 address? I'm wondering whether it's an issue with your command line above. I'll try it when I get to work tomorrow.

EDIT: "ip -o -f inet6 addr" works for me.

Edited by Autarch

Guest miker01

Sorry for what may be a stupid question.

I want to use speed dial - I have set th numbers.

I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT WORK - D'OH :lol:

What do you have to do PLEASE?

Cheers

Mike

Guest MrPuddington
Power problems - now I got it, too. It was working fine until now, but something I did triggered the phone to drain the battery overnight. It greeted me with a 2% warning in the morning.

ROM: JJ RLS6

Running applications: Facebook, Dialer, Camera

Radio: 3G on, WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS off

Facebook may have been open - and pulling updates? Anyway I think one of the three applications would be to blame. I will see whether I can reproduce this, and then nail it down. Usually I turn 3G off when I don't use the phone, and that seems to avoid the issue.

Ok, it was not the apps. I again lost 40% over night with just 3G+ on and no apps loaded (freshly booted in the evening).

Maybe it is the facebook widget that I am using. I will try that next...

EDIT: fixed the issue by installing a different firmware/driver for the wireless chip. if you experience the same issue check this post! @kk: would you include this firmware in your next release?

At least oh!dougal reported that he observed his phone getting hot (above the camera lens) and high battery drainage after using those alternative atheros drivers. Probably they are not optimised for the ZTE Blade hardware. Just check the last pages of the stackdroid thread.

Guest ellhead

I've just installed jj from Pauls alpha 4. Glad to get rid of the pendulum lock screen.

ran quadrant and got a score of 460??

I was getting 950 with the alpha?

is this a bug with quadrant or am I getting Something wrong?

Guest blackanchorage
I've just installed jj from Pauls alpha 4. Glad to get rid of the pendulum lock screen.

ran quadrant and got a score of 460??

I was getting 950 with the alpha?

is this a bug with quadrant or am I getting Something wrong?

Search this thread (search text box at the bottom of the page) for "quadrant".

Regards

Guest kallt_kaffe
Has kallte given a clue to the release of RLS9? As soon as it is out i will slowly update my themes...

I'll be out today. Both services.jar (charging LED fix) and framework-res.apk (automatic brightness goes down to the same level as the Chinese 2.2) has been updated.

RLS9 will have Contacts and ContactsProvider from AOSP 2.2 so join/split contacts works. (old group and secret dialer codes version available as addon)

IPv6 privacy stuff will be enabled by default.

Stock non modified FM Radio app has been re-added as I've fixed the original radio issue in the kernel.

Some other minor adjustments...

Likely RLS9 will be the final JJ version. Rumours says a Swedish official 2.2 will be out soon so we may soon have a new base to work from. I'm also doing some AOSP experiments. Just because "it can't be done" won't stop me from trying.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest Salsaholic
I just copied both of them using adb with the terminal app 5mins ago, took abit of research as I wasn't used to adb but fixed the problem

I tried the same. BTW, the adb commands (for noobs as myself...) are:

adb shell mount -o remount -rw /dev/block/mtdblock

adb shell cp /sdcard/libcm.so /system/lib

adb shell cp /sdcard/libril-qc-1.so /system/lib

I don't know what the su command quoted by dbeckett meant to do, in my case "adb shell su" displayed a "#" and did nothing, had to stop it manually (Ctrl-C). Second time I even didn't use the mount command, obviously worked, as I could see new file date and size in my file manager.

But still, the problem persists. I now tried two different versions of the libs from FLB (2.2) and from Hungarian Hedgehog RLS2 (with that ROM I always saw my network name), but still the same. Even tried wipeing the dalvik cache once...

So, unless someone has a brilliant new idea, I'm giving up on this one :lol:

Guest spaceguy
RLS8 still seems to have many bugs. Will wait for the next release.

Any word when RLS9 will be out? :lol:

can't you read two posts upp!? kallt kaffe clearly saying RLS9 is coming out today

Guest chin-chin

Will RLS 9 have a fix for the ring sound coming out only from the headphones when the wired handsfree is connected? Has anybody looked into this? It is most annoying!

(Using RLS 7 and waiting for 9)

Guest kallt_kaffe
Will RLS 9 have a fix for the ring sound coming out only from the headphones when the wired handsfree is connected? Has anybody looked into this? It is most annoying!

(Using RLS 7 and waiting for 9)

No fix for this, sorry. I've done some attempts in the past but haven't been able to fix this.