[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Lucky man! Proximity sensor also not working here. Did you do anything special?

I updated from 8 to 9 using RA Recovey, booted, applied circle battery add on, booted and deleted data of the 3 contacts apps (btw: their names change with the language setting, in German they all 3 start with "Kontakte")

No, i didn't do anything special. I just flashed the new rom without any addons except the circle battery. I flashed it via clockwork, not TPT, if it makes any difference. Before and after the update i wiped the data of the three contact-apps, because one of them wouldn't delete the data. Unfortunately, i don't recall which one. That was it. Oh wait, after an update I always boot the phone twice. I'm astonished, that the proximity sensor seems to be a bigger flaw for now a number of users.

Guest reluctant_traveller

Has everyone with the proximity sensor problem tried re-calibrating the sensor? I had to, several versions ago, for my wifes phone; both our phones now work as intended with regards to this feature.

Go into the Dialer an press *983*0#

Go all the way down to Sensors.

Hit"testing light" and then hit "testing proximity".

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/324...1-05/page/540/#

Edited by reluctant_traveller

Guest johannes140
Has everyone with the proximity sensor problem tried re-calibrating the sensor? I had to, several versions ago, for my wifes phone; both our phones now work as intended with regards to this feature.

Go into the Dialer an press *983*0#

Go all the way down to Sensors.

Hit"testing light" and then hit "testing proximity".

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/324...1-05/page/540/#

since the sensor works fine when i restore RLS8, i guess it won't fix the issue on RLS9, but i will give it a shot. thanks for that suggestion!

Guest PeterDreher
Just did a tpt-flash of RLS9, the proximity sensor still doesn't work correctly while in a call. will now try the smartdialer-addon.

EDIT: Smartdialer-addon didn't help. the sensor still is very unresponsive during a call... this is NOT present on RLS8!

We should try to calibrate the Proximity-Sensor but codes like *983*0# are not working on JJ

Any other ideas how to calibrate?

Guest kallt_kaffe
We should try to calibrate the Proximity-Sensor but codes like *983*0# are not working on JJ

You need to RLS8 version of Contacts.apk and Contacts provider to use the "secret" codes. Install the group_contacts addon and wipe settings for all 3 contact related apps. You'll lose join/split contacts.

Guest Phoenix Silver

you need chipertest.apk in /system/app

Guest johannes140
You need to RLS8 version of Contacts.apk and Contacts provider to use the "secret" codes. Install the group_contacts addon and wipe settings for all 3 contact related apps. You'll lose join/split contacts.

Since the sensor works fine on other roms, there is no need to recalibrate, i guess... no fix for me :-(

I flashed R9 on top of R8 this morning. The only difference I have seen is that scrolling through the apps drawer is a bit jerky with both the stock launcher and Launcher Pro. Does anyone know why this might be?

I have the same problem as Johannes, proximity sensor isn't working flawlessly when making/reciving calls :/

EDIT: Whut!? The proximity sensor is next to the light sensor right? When I make a call and hold my thumb next to the speaker, the proxmity sensor doesn't react, but when i hold my hand 2-3cm in front of the phone it did work. IIRC I could trigger the proximity sensor with my thumb a few releases ago :lol:

Edited by pellen

Guest Salsaholic
EDIT: Whut!? The proximity sensor is next to the light sensor right? When I make a call and hold my thumb next to the speaker, the proxmity sensor doesn't react, but when i hold my hand 2-3cm in front of the phone it did work. IIRC I could trigger the proximity sensor with my thumb a few releases ago :lol:

Is there something like a sensitivity setting for the proximity sensor? If yes, maybe 8 and 9 have different settings, so that ears (or thumbs) too close to the phone don't trigger it??? That would at least explain why this sometimes works, sometimes not...

Guest vovav80

Sorry if my question is stupid.

Just installed JJ rls9. Added a new contact. Then set up a new google account. Since now I can only add contacts to google account. But I what it to be my "phone contact".

Why did "phone contact" option disappear? Is it JJ rsl9 feature?

Guest Lee Black

Hmmm... I cant get my Facebook to sync anymore with RLS9 (i done the full wipe/clean) from RSL8

I have also installed Facebook sync update from RSL7, still no joy...any ideas folks?

Guest Frankish

All themes for Pauls rom are now available for this rom. Thread link in my signature.

Added today.

Galaxy S.

GenerationX RED.

Desire Sense.

Desire Slate.

Top 3 downloaded.

Stock Gingerbread. - 134

GenerationX. - 79

Gingerbread Circle Mod. - 46

All in 24 hours.

Guest tanivula
Hmmm... I cant get my Facebook to sync anymore with RLS9 (i done the full wipe/clean) from RSL8

I have also installed Facebook sync update from RSL7, still no joy...any ideas folks?

You don't need to reinstall the RLS7 facebook update. It is integrated into RLS8 (I think) and 9 (definately is).

Recommend you do another wipe/clean but just install JJRLS9 without the other FB addon. Works like a treat for me and my contacts with the same names automatically joined together.

Edited by tanivula

Guest daxter92
Sorry if my question is stupid.

Just installed JJ rls9. Added a new contact. Then set up a new google account. Since now I can only add contacts to google account. But I what it to be my "phone contact".

Why did "phone contact" option disappear? Is it JJ rsl9 feature?

That's my question too.

Does it have something to do with the new contacts?

How can i make my phone save the contacts on its own memory?

Thanks for answers! :lol:

Guest Shrikey

Can someone put me out of my misery and tell me if the gmail and sms dock icons should display the unread number of messages in a small red circle at the top corner of the icon? It always did it with the orange stock rom but doesnt with RL8 and i think its a dealbreaker for me. Am i missing something obvious?

Also does everyone have the jumpy contact/apps/settings scrolling issue? I cant believe everyones saying this ROM is so much faster than the stock 2.1 when it appears to be slower based on that choppy scrolling. A few people have mentioned it in this thread.

Guest handful
Can someone put me out of my misery and tell me if the gmail and sms dock icons should display the unread number of messages in a small red circle at the top corner of the icon? It always did it with the orange stock rom but doesnt with RL8 and i think its a dealbreaker for me. Am i missing something obvious?

Also does everyone have the jumpy contact/apps/settings scrolling issue? I cant believe everyones saying this ROM is so much faster than the stock 2.1 when it appears to be slower based on that choppy scrolling. A few people have mentioned it in this thread.

Just installed RL8 on the weekend and I don't get the number of unread messages anymore either. I'm not too worried though as I tend to drag the top bar down anyway. Apart from that, well impressed generally, much slicker than the 2.1 R2 that I had stuck with for 3 months. :lol:

Guest PeterDreher
That's my question too.

Does it have something to do with the new contacts?

How can i make my phone save the contacts on its own memory?

Thanks for answers! :)

Just noticed: New contact is stored on my PHONE only. It will not sync with gmail :lol: (says local phone only)

But when i enter a new contact in gmail then it will appear in the Phone.

Guest Frankish

Install SMS Unread widget. It allows this counter and multiple icons including stock ones for SMS Gmail and phone.

Guest Shrikey
Install SMS Unread widget. It allows this counter and multiple icons including stock ones for SMS Gmail and phone.

Thanks yeah ive just found and installed both of those for sms and gmail but they cant be added to the dock can they? So its essentially 2 wasted icons on the main homescreen for me but i suppose itll have to do. Think i might try FLB's ROM again tho ill miss the keyboard cursor control with the volume keys.

Thanks yeah ive just found and installed both of those for sms and gmail but they cant be added to the dock can they? So its essentially 2 wasted icons on the main homescreen for me but i suppose itll have to do. Think i might try FLB's ROM again tho ill miss the keyboard cursor control with the volume keys.

Hm, no problem with launcher pro.

Maybe you give it a try.

Edited by rascas

Guest AppleBelly

Been using your firmware since RLS5, had a HTC Magic before and you've made the move to the ZTE Blade so easy!

One request though, on Cyanogen Mod on the HTC Magic i was able to select the user agent in the browser (choice of IPhone, Android, Desktop and none), would you be able to do this as well?

I found some web pages only show a compact browser site if you have the iphone user agent, and makes the page go from 1mb in size to 50kb!

Keep up the great work!

If you use Launcher Pro & put the mail & sms icons in the dock there's a box you can tick in Launcher Pro's settings to show the number of unread messages.

Just updated to RLS9 from RLS7, but now I can't seem to find angry birds or rope cut by search in the market. I can find angry birds in the featured, but I can't find rope cut at all. Something to do with the fingerprint?