[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Shrikey
Hm, no problem with launcher pro.

Maybe you give it a try.

(and dwl99 too, thx)

AHH! Thats the one! Many thanks man :lol:

Its hard to know whats an android feature or an added on feature.

Edited by Shrikey

Just updated to RLS9 from RLS7, but now I can't seem to find angry birds or rope cut by search in the market. I can find angry birds in the featured, but I can't find rope cut at all. Something to do with the fingerprint?

A bit of Googling never did anybody any harm. :lol:

http://is.gd/XObZz7

I'm not sure why that would be though. Perhaps the Jellyfish is using the wrong tentacle. Then again, I looked for it under RLS6 and it didn't show up. AB did tho'.

Edited by phlum

Guest Arr Too
One request though, on Cyanogen Mod on the HTC Magic i was able to select the user agent in the browser (choice of IPhone, Android, Desktop and none), would you be able to do this as well?

Go to "about:debug" and then check the Menu->Settings->More.

A bit of Googling never did anybody any harm. :lol:

http://is.gd/XObZz7

I'm not sure why that would be though. Perhaps the Jellyfish is using the wrong tentacle. Then again, I looked for it under RLS6 and it didn't show up. AB did tho'.

Cheers, don't know why I didn't look for the apk myself.

Just updated to RLS9 from RLS7, but now I can't seem to find angry birds or rope cut by search in the market. I can find angry birds in the featured, but I can't find rope cut at all. Something to do with the fingerprint?

Search for angry bird and not angry birds and it shows up

Edited by Ibcus

Guest vipercubic
All themes for Pauls rom are now available for this rom. Thread link in my signature.

Added today.

Galaxy S.

GenerationX RED.

Desire Sense.

Desire Slate.

Top 3 downloaded.

Stock Gingerbread. - 134

GenerationX. - 79

Gingerbread Circle Mod. - 46

All in 24 hours.

Ty so much about your hard work :>

Ofc ty to kk too for this wonderfull rom..

Edited by vipercubic

Guest BillBong

I'm going to take the plunge with JJ9 using TPT (currently on JJ6/standard partition). I just have a few questions for anyone who's gone through this:

1) After I install the TPT/image file, do I go through Clockwork to flash the zip files for the hw/overclock/smart dialler add-ons?

2) Can I install Frankish's themes through Clockwork with a TPT installation and do I need to flash the JJ/Circle battery add-on to use the Frankish circle battery theme?

2) Does Air Control (game) run on this - it starts and then cuts out after about 30 seconds on JJ6.

Thanks

Guest PeterDreher
That's my question too.

Does it have something to do with the new contacts?

How can i make my phone save the contacts on its own memory?

Thanks for answers! :lol:

Is it possible that you tried that with no Sim-Card inside?

Do that and it will ask you what to do when creating a new contact.

Guest PeterDreher
I'm going to take the plunge with JJ9 using TPT (currently on JJ6/standard partition). I just have a few questions for anyone who's gone through this:

1) After I install the TPT/image file, do I go through Clockwork to flash the zip files for the hw/overclock/smart dialler add-ons?

2) Can I install Frankish's themes through Clockwork with a TPT installation and do I need to flash the JJ/Circle battery add-on to use the Frankish circle battery theme?

2) Does Air Control (game) run on this - it starts and then cuts out after about 30 seconds on JJ6.

First TPT is AWESOME! 244 MEGs free space after installing JJ.

1) Like in Clockwork press Volume DOWN after you turned on the phone. Recovery Menue will nearly be the same like in Clockwork. Installing Addons is just as easy: "install zip from SD"

2) In Recovery-Mode choose: "Flash Zip from SD-Card" after hitting this you will see "Toggle Signature verification" click it to turn of verification. Then install just like you would with Clockwork

3) I don't know, give it a try

Edited by PeterDreher

Guest King Mustard

For some reason, the setting I choose for 'Email check frequency' for my e-mail account isn't saving. I set it to 'Never' but it keeps reverting to 'Automatic (Push)' when I restart the phone.

Any ideas?

Guest daxter92
Is it possible that you tried that with no Sim-Card inside?

Do that and it will ask you what to do when creating a new contact.

I never did that.

Now i tried but there was no dialog where i could set the option. After selecting "New Contact" the same screen came up (with my google-account on the top)

I have a SIM-Card from a German provider. I don't know if that could be important.

By the way, im sorry if my english has a bad grammar or vocabulary. I'm not very good in it.

Guest vipercubic
After flashing hw_ui in RLS9 the phone doesn't show it in the "Phone info" like in previous releases "(hw_ui)". Is this the normal case in RLS9 now?

Its the same for me too, i guess its normal!

Guest PeterDreher
I never did that.

Now i tried but there was no dialog where i could set the option. After selecting "New Contact" the same screen came up (with my google-account on the top)

I have a SIM-Card from a German provider. I don't know if that could be important.

You could try installing the SmartDialer.zip via Clockwork BUT could be possible that you have to do a wipe cache and do factory defaults because SmartDialer could report an error. Or you go Settings > Apps (Anwendungen) > and search in the tab ALL for Contacts (Kontakte). Should be 3 of them. Hit them and wipe (daten löschen).

Or if you don't mind installing everything again, just, like i said: wipe cache and do factory defaults in Clockwork.

Edited by PeterDreher

Guest Maringer
First TPT is AWESOME! 244 MEGs free space after installing JJ.

1) Like in Clockwork press Volume DOWN after you turned on the phone. Recovery Menue will nearly be the same like in Clockwork. Installing Addons is just as easy: "install zip from SD"

2) Same like in Clockwork

3) I don't know, give it a try

Note, I wasn't able to install a Frankish theme using the RA Recovery installed by the TPT. Some kind of error message about the file not being signed (or perhaps being signed!) popped up.

This wasn't a problem, however, as I remembered reading this was a problem with that particular Recovery. I have the img file for Clockwork saved on my SD card so I just installed that using the Recovery Manager and booted into Clockwork to install the theme.

Guest PeterDreher
This wasn't a problem, however, as I remembered reading this was a problem with that particular Recovery. I have the img file for Clockwork saved on my SD card so I just installed that using the Recovery Manager and booted into Clockwork to install the theme.

You are right! verification failed (zip isn't signed correctly)

Can you please explain how you used Recovery Manager and booted into Clockwork when using TPT? Clockwork shouldn't be there anymore, right?

So how to install the Theme on TPT?

EDIT:

I think i got you. You just installed Clockwork into Recovery again (possible through Sebastians Recovery Manager APK or with Fastboot)

ATTENTION on previous Backups made with Clockwork before TPT, right? Should not use them, right?!

WHERE to get the TPT-Recovery.img from (recovery.img in the JJ_RLS9_IMAGE.zip?)

THANKS!

Edited by PeterDreher

Guest JBSCARFACE
With RLS9 it should be green when charged to 90%-100% unless you've put on an theme that replaced /framework/services.jar with a version that doesn't have the LED fix.

Right i installed RLS8 theme ... Can u pls make services.jar with fixed leds and support transparent notification bar?

Also sim contacts still not working on RLS8 if u try to save somthing to sim result force close..

In RLS9 when u try to import contacts it shows there is no contacts on the sim when i got more then 100 numbers there..

Guest Frankish
Note, I wasn't able to install a Frankish theme using the RA Recovery installed by the TPT. Some kind of error message about the file not being signed (or perhaps being signed!) popped up.

Try disabling signature verification. This is off by default in clockwork that's why i never bother signing my zip files.

Guest PeterDreher
Try disabling signature verification. This is off by default in clockwork that's why i never bother signing my zip files.

HAHA, you are RIGHT! Easy as that: "Flash Zip from SD-Card" after hitting this you will see "Toggle Signature verification".

Thanks!

Guest daphne_lucifer
Hi,

First of all, a fantastic rom and for everyone doing some serious work on this phone thankyou!

I have a problem on RLS9, whenever I compose a new sms, I do not get the ability to choose recipients from my phone book, I have to type them in one by one. I know this was an issue before so I looked back a few pages and downloaded Mms.zip from this thread.

I then adb pushed this to my phone, and bingo I now have the the little 'head & shoulders' beside the To box when I compose an sms. However unfortunately this does nothing whenever I click on it... it does not bring up the contact selection pane....

I currently have RLS9, blusih_kbd, circle_battery and later installed BlueGingerbread-thincircle theme...

Anybody have any ideas how to get the sms recipient selector back????

Thanks,

C

I just installed RLS9 (upgrade from RLS8), without doing a full wipe, only deleting data for the three contacts apps.

I also have the same problem, my little icon for selecting multiple SMS recipients has disappeared.

I installed the group contacts (RLS8) add-on and cleared all data from the three contacts apps again (i.e. after RLS9 installation), but this hasn't helped.

Any ideas anyone? Kallt, what do you think?

Edited by daphne_lucifer

Guest sebool12

I just installed rls9, and I have a new recovery(previously, I had flb r5a with clockworkmod 2.5.1.8). I can't install themes and 0x90 mod

Install from sdcard...

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

E:No signature (12 files)

E:Verification failed

Zip verification failed!

Zip isn't signed correctly!

Installation aborted

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by sebool12

I just installed rls9, and I have a new recovery(previously, I had flb r5a with clockworkmod 2.5.1.8). I can't install themes and 0x90 mod

What am I doing wrong?