[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Sebastian404
Fixed the original FM Radio problem in kernel and re-added the original ZTE FM Radio app (unmodified version).

I'm very interested in this..... do you want to share your fix ? :lol:

The jerky scrolling is doing my head in. Think I'll downgrade to R8, it worked flawlessly for me. Hopefully the fixed FM Radio will still work if I flash without wiping.

Guest jr866gooner
Cant find the select all option in contacts!!cant delete contacts!i have to delete them one by one!!any solution??using RLS9

Menu button? select all? iirc

What should i do??revert back to rls7 only because of that??:lol:

Did you try this?

# Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_group_contacts.zip (Restore RLS8 cersion of Contacts and ContactsProvider) MD5:324174EFD7F5CFCDC969D7EAEA8C5835

Guest Graham1

Hi

Is anyone able to confirm problem/bug below? Used RLS9 clockwork version and wiped data/cache prior to flashing.

:lol:

Since upgrading to RLS9, I have been unable to connect to my wireless AP. I am using a 63 alpha-numeric password (from here > https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm) and using WPA2-PSK. Have flashed RLS9 twice now and applied password 3 times on each (using show password to check). AP is fine as I've been using my laptop and having restored RLS8, wireless is working again.

Btw, thanks for RLS9 release. Hope this can be resolved (fingers crossed)

Guest los_alamos_boy
Hi

Is anyone able to confirm problem/bug below? Used RLS9 clockwork version and wiped data/cache prior to flashing.

Paranoid or what? Just change it to something simpler, like "password".

Guest Rotmann
Been using your firmware since RLS5, had a HTC Magic before and you've made the move to the ZTE Blade so easy!

One request though, on Cyanogen Mod on the HTC Magic i was able to select the user agent in the browser (choice of IPhone, Android, Desktop and none), would you be able to do this as well?

I found some web pages only show a compact browser site if you have the iphone user agent, and makes the page go from 1mb in size to 50kb!

Keep up the great work!

Or use Opera Mini, it compresses all sites to 10% of the original size. Also very fast because it does not have to render the whole site but only the mobile-optimized site from the opera servers.

I agree, there is no need for a 63 alpha-numeric password on a wireless network, unless you have plans to the vault that holds the crown jewels on there.

I wouldn't use something as simple as password however, the first 10 characters of your current password would be more than enough, I very much doubt anyone would take the time and trouble to try and crack it when there are plenty of unsecured and WEP wireless networks out there.

I am using RLS9 and just received an SMS from my provider that I started using data roaming, even thouh it is deactivated.

Anyone faced something similar?

I just noticed my battery was running down very fast (RLS9), maps seemed to be the culprit and was running, I stopped it and it started again.

I checked settting>location & security and under My Location there was a tick in Use wireless networks ( See location in applications [such as Maps] using wireless networks).

After unticking this Maps no longer starts back up and battery use is a lot better.

I haven't noticed this before but maybe I didn't take much notice.

Is it normal practice for Maps to run constantly when that option is selected?

Guest thedandyp

Hi all I've tried searching this thread, all i can find is 'signal issue' without much further detail.

My problem is that while running RLS8, when the phone is left on overnight I will wake up and check it and it will display 'no signal' thus I cannt recieve any calls or messages, however as soon as I unlock the phone (possibly wait a few seconds), the signal reappears. Thus I am thinking that a setting is turning off the signal when the phone sleeps for a large periods of time...any way around this people?

Edited by thedandyp

Guest dimerrr
Did you try this?

# Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_group_contacts.zip (Restore RLS8 cersion of Contacts and ContactsProvider) MD5:324174EFD7F5CFCDC969D7EAEA8C5835

that solved the problem!thanx!

Guest Graham1

You got to be joking :lol:. I might as well put a sign on my front door saying free wireless :).

Seriously, for the time it takes to setup on my home computer/tablets (copy/paste) it would be no different than entering "password". However, it does take a while to enter on my phone (and there's probably an easier way) but the fact that it worked in RLS8 (having restored now) and it doesn't in RLS9, leads me to think that something got broke ;).

:)

Guest Graham1
I agree, there is no need for a 63 alpha-numeric password on a wireless network, unless you have plans to the vault that holds the crown jewels on there.

I wouldn't use something as simple as password however, the first 10 characters of your current password would be more than enough, I very much doubt anyone would take the time and trouble to try and crack it when there are plenty of unsecured and WEP wireless networks out there.

I simply use it because it's easy to setup (Ok, not from my phone at the moment) and offers the best protection for my wireless AP. I'm just curious as to why it worked in RLS8 and not RLS9. What would have changed between these builds?

Guest MrMcIntosh77

I have had issues entering a 63 character long WPA password with every Android phone and ROM I tried:)

The problem is that it is very difficult to enter a password this long correctly on a touchscreen keyboard.

The solution I found was to copy and paste the long password to Google tasks with my desktop computer. Then open the browser with my Android phone, it loads www.google.com. On the upper right corner of www.google.com, click "More" and select tasks from the drop down list. Log in using your Google account and copy and paste the password to wifi settings.

I hope this helps :lol:

Edited by MrMcIntosh77

Guest daxter92
You could try installing the SmartDialer.zip via Clockwork BUT could be possible that you have to do a wipe cache and do factory defaults because SmartDialer could report an error. Or you go Settings > Apps (Anwendungen) > and search in the tab ALL for Contacts (Kontakte). Should be 3 of them. Hit them and wipe (daten löschen).

Or if you don't mind installing everything again, just, like i said: wipe cache and do factory defaults in Clockwork.

It solved the problem. Thank you very much! :lol:

Guest mELIANTE

Flashed this rom yesterday via TPT and, in Spare Parts, there is a process called "0" that is hogging network usage. When I click it, a settings process error comes up doing a force close. Anyone care to test this? :lol:

Also, I've been suffering some reboots since the flash, anyone else with tese reboots?

Guest PeterDreher
What causes the 'Connections cannot be made' message that appears when I try to access the home screen?

APNdroid causes it.

You can use the Energy-Widget from Froyo (Homescree - Widgets) to turn off Data (no need for ApnDroid). Its the icon with the 2 arrows between GPS and the sync icon.