[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

So you got good scrolling with RL8 then? I just installed RL8 and got the jerky scrolling immediately before anything else was installed or updated and cant fix it. Everything else is going well for me. I do ahve the issue mentioned a page back where " in Spare Parts, there is a process called "0" that is hogging network usage" that crashes immediately upon opening but i dont know how important it is.

Yes, scrolling was very smooth for me in RL8

Guest reluctant_traveller
you probably ported a number over at some stage. I get the same thing. Originally was on O2 and ported that number onto a new Tesco SIM but the 'about' still shows the old original tesco number. Nothing to worry about.

I was able to change the 'about' phone number by placing the sim into my old Samsung phone and editing the value; I believe you can do this on Nokias too

My Samsung allowed me to add 3 data entries in total, although I am unsure what the other 2 are for.

Guest Phil001
If it's waking with anythin other than power and you haven't told it to with 0x90's mod, then it isn't going to full sleep.

Just installed last night, mine is also waking with any button press... how can i find out what is stopping it sleep?

thanks

Just installed last night, mine is also waking with any button press... how can i find out what is stopping it sleep?

thanks

Hm, did you do a full wipe? I cannot encounter your probs either with clockwork install or tpt.

Maybe some widgets, widgetsoid did some strange things for me, without it no probs.

Edited by rascas

Guest Phil001
Hm, did you do a full wipe? I cannot encounter your probs either with clockwork install or tpt.

Maybe some widgets, widgetsoid did some strange things for me, without it no probs.

yep, full wipe.

i do have widgetsoid, will try uninstalling that

thanks

Edited by Phil001

Guest PeterDreher
yep, full wipe.

i do have widgetsoid, will try uninstalling that

thanks

Or the Facebook widget. Killing all Tasks will tell you if it is an apps that is causing the no sleep. You could go from there and kill apps one by one (just for testing).

Guest Phil001
Or the Facebook widget. Killing all Tasks will tell you if it is an apps that is causing the no sleep. You could go from there and kill apps one by one (just for testing).

uninstalled widgetsoid, restarted phone, sorted.

using switchpro instead

Thanks all!

Guest ivanko021
I have some problems running Gameloft games such as Gangstar: Miami Vindication. The video won't load and so the game won't start. I tried setting stagefright in build.prop true but the problem remains and I can't play the game. It worked on Seb's de-softened with stagefright enabled but I wanted to try overclocking.

Also every second or third time app requests root access it freezes and have to kill it and resrart it which is not a big problem but still annoying.

Hey guys! Sorry about the doubleposting but hasn't any of you came across these issues?

Hi & thanks for this rom!

Just installed (coming from MCR r4 2.1)

A quick question, anyone use beautiul widgets with this rom for the home screen clock & weather widget?

I used to be able to tap on the time to bring up my alarms, this doesn't work on this rom, is this normal?

Cheers

Open Beautiful Widget settings, goto Home Setings, scroll down to Advanced and click Time Application, select Alarm in the list (or whatever you use).

Edited by Ibcus

Guest Phil001
Open Beautiful Widget settings, goto Home Setings, scroll down to Advanced and click Time Application, select Alarm in the list (or whatever you use).

Thank you very much!

Sorted!

Guest ztebladeuser

guys what am i doing wrong, i installed the overclocking ahb and now i cant get any signal?

did i install it correctly? i installed it from clock work, chose the zip?

signal was working fine before!

Guest Jason Patrick
I don't have APNdroid, and I still occasionally get "Connection cannot be made" messages.

It also seems related to the APN setttings, someone on this thread Cannot Delete APN reports that for GiffGaff users, using the GiffGaffAPN app appears to remove the "Connection cannot be made" error.

For non-giffgaff users the app removes all APNs other than the GiffGaff, so emulating this with your own APN may work (i.e. remove any APN configs you don't use).

Guest Salsaholic

No new findings on the proximity sensor issue?

Sorry of I missed something, but I read almost everything since JJ9 came out (actually, since JJ5 or so...), but didn't see a fix for this.

I would be a real pity of KK left JJ9 as it is. As there seem to be more issues with JJ9 than with JJ8, maybe it would be nice to re-post JJ8 links?

I had uploaded JJ8 for someone on another forum, in case you need it:

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS8.zip

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS8_circle_battery.zip

Sorry, no MD5 checksums right now, might try to add that tonight (please remind me :lol:).

Well, I'm quite happy with JJ6 and will not upgrade until this is fixed...

Guest Jason Patrick
uninstalled widgetsoid, restarted phone, sorted.

using switchpro instead

Thanks all!

Interesting, I moved from a combination of switchpro + APNDRoid to widgetsoid (2.x version) and haven't encountered the sleep problem.

Guest gentlemanshours

Hi Paul,

I'm using your video to do the root...and as a noob to this stuff I'm being pretty anal about getting it right.

At the moment I'm stuck because I cannot find files for jellyfish and clockwork recovery that have matching MD5's... and from the video you say that is paramount before proceeding. None of the files that I can see online have MD5 records that are the same... or have I just not looked hard enough.

Best

Jamie

Guest MadeInBeats
"When updating to RLS9 from RLS8 a full wipe is not needed but you must wipe data from the three Contacts related apps and resync your contacts. If unsure, do a full wipe".

pls excuse my ignorance here, but which three Contacts related apps are you referring to above ?

I've only just recently installed RLS8 and really prefer not to have to wipe everything again.

thanks for a great rom..

EDIT: Answer found burried deep inside one of many, many pages of this thread. Apparently (and I'm assuming the answer was corrrect as given in the thread), the 3 contacts related apps are: Contacts, Contacts Storage, and contacts Sync Acapter, all under Settings---Applications---Manage Applications---All.

God bless you. I needed to know what this meant too... Thanks mate...

Guest leetron1
Quick question: I've installed RLS8 with the space booster. Do I need to restore the partition size to default before upgrading to RLS9?

Not unless you want to...RLS9 is small enough, I think 122MB, to fit on custom partition..thats what I've done..works fine without changing partition sizes back

Guest Tobriand
Not unless you want to...RLS9 is small enough, I think 122MB, to fit on custom partition..thats what I've done..works fine without changing partition sizes back

Guest kamalaggi

Hi Guys I need help with one problem

When I try go to accounts & sync I get this error "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Thanks for your help

Edited by kamalaggi

Guest los_alamos_boy
Hi Guys I need help with one problem

When I try go to accounts & sync I get this error "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Thanks for your help

Just wipe all data from the three contacts related apps. Via task managers application pane. I also had to do this after going from RLS9 contacts to smartdialer/rls7 contacts…

Known issues
  • Sometimes when an app request root permissions it just "hangs". Resolved by restarting phone or just kill all tasks with a Task killer.

Does anyone know why this is happening and any ideas for fixing it? Bad version of some component, can it be downgraded? Edited by Janil