[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest xSpirit

Just moved from official Paul's 2.1 to JJ RLS9. I really like WiFi disconnection issue is solved now though I have more problems now than before, like Advanced Task Killer is not shutting off Skype application anymore and ADVERTISING SPAM got some updates for my system apps like Camera and FM radio but they cannot be updated at the end, is this ROM rooted properly? I've tried to reroot using UniversalAndroot but it shows "stopped unexpectedly" error...

upgraded itself

But in RLS6 you could switch between the two. Now it's just the Gingerbread keyboard and some other really massive keyboard which fills half the stinkin' screen!

Guest richardw1992

Hi guys. new to the forum! I've used all your ROMs so i thought it was time I put something back in by joining..

However firstly, I've encountered a few problems, I was wondering If anyone could help me out:

Upgraded from RLS8 to RLS9 with a full data wipe, cache wipe, factor reset etc. So far everything seems to be working brilliantly!

Except, I too am suffering the screen off problem, in which most of the time it can be woken up again by simply pressing any of the keys on the bottom of the phone, HOWEVER occasionally, it does fully lock itself? and requires a press of the power button to wake up. But most of the time, any button will wake it.

My second problem, which I have seen someones else post about, but couldnt managed to go through 100 pages to find a response, was that the background to the messages application is all white! and whenever I press the menu button on the homescreen or in an app, that has a white background with black text on it too? Is the normal with the ROM or have I done something wrong?

Many thanks!

Also, I don't want to create a new thread/topic, so I'm gonna ask here: how can I open/view *.img files? I've tried un-packing it with 7-zip and failed... Also searched for it on the forums & google but couldn't find it...

Google for "unyaffs" to extract .img files.

Guest joblade

Hi all!

Installed JJ9 yesterday and really pleased with it. First time ever doing something like this! However, video is not working on youtube app - the video plays for about 3 seconds and then it just stops and is completely frozen and I can't even replay those few seconds. This also happens on videos on NYTimes app and IMDB app.

Can anyone help on this, I searched this thread and seems that people are getting messages that videos won't run. But my problem is that I can seem them but then they stop!

Thanks so much everyone!

Guest kamalaggi
Just wipe all data from the three contacts related apps. Via task managers application pane. I also had to do this after going from RLS9 contacts to smartdialer/rls7 contacts…

I tried that but still no luck.

Hi all!

Installed JJ9 yesterday and really pleased with it. First time ever doing something like this! However, video is not working on youtube app - the video plays for about 3 seconds and then it just stops and is completely frozen and I can't even replay those few seconds. This also happens on videos on NYTimes app and IMDB app.

Can anyone help on this, I searched this thread and seems that people are getting messages that videos won't run. But my problem is that I can seem them but then they stop!

Thanks so much everyone!

Hmm. My YT seems to be working fine...have you tried rebooting or reflashing?

Guest xSpirit

Youtube works fine for me as well. Now I see built in alarm application is not as good as the one I had before, I can't even choose my own alarm sound... Need to get another one from the market.

Now I see built in alarm application is not as good as the one I had before, I can't even choose my own alarm sound... Need to get another one from the market.

May as well slot a recommendation in - AlarmDroid. It's what I use and is functional.

(Don't get Alarm Clock Plus, it does weird things)

Anyway, Titanium Backup isn't working. Grr.

Or, at any rate, it wasn't working. This is suspicious...or just odd!

Edited by phlum

Guest tomc_lufc
Except, I too am suffering the screen off problem, in which most of the time it can be woken up again by simply pressing any of the keys on the bottom of the phone, HOWEVER occasionally, it does fully lock itself? and requires a press of the power button to wake up. But most of the time, any button will wake it.

There is a delay of around 30 seconds after the screen has gone off where you can wake the phone up using any button. After the 30 seconds (ish) you

can only wake the phone using the power button, maybe this is your problem. Its a good little feature.

Guest footynutdyl

Hello,

I just downloaded this ROM a few days ago and it works perfectly, thank you for that. But when i try to play a flash video online e.g. youtube it does not work.

The interesting thing is that it did work when iwas using the Stock ROM. Any ideas?

Guest richardw1992
There is a delay of around 30 seconds after the screen has gone off where you can wake the phone up using any button. After the 30 seconds (ish) you

can only wake the phone using the power button, maybe this is your problem. Its a good little feature.

Ahhh I didn't realise it was a built in feature, in that case I highly approve of it! I find it a tad irritating having to use the power button to turn the screen back on if im reading something (15 second screen timeout). Thanks for the quick reply! :lol:

Has anyone else had the issue I am having with the message application being a white background with black text rather than the normal black background? This is in RLS9 after a full wipe and cache clear etc.

Edited by richardw1992

Guest KopCity

Guys whats difference between jellyfish RLS9 and RLS 11,is it worth upgrading?just to let u know,im not having any problems with this current upgrade..

thanks

Guest richardw1992
Hello,

I just downloaded this ROM a few days ago and it works perfectly, thank you for that. But when i try to play a flash video online e.g. youtube it does not work.

The interesting thing is that it did work when iwas using the Stock ROM. Any ideas?

Are you using the stock browser? As I wasn't aware that supported flash, have you tried others such as Miren Browser or Skyfire?

Froyo 2.2 also supports adobe flash player for the stock browser, if you google it you will find an official adobe flash player .apk somewhere which you can install on the phone which should enable full flash in the stock android browser, see if that works? - Personally I uninstalled the stock browser.

Hi all!

Thanks so much everyone!

Setting VM Heap to 48 sorted out this problem for me. Now plays perfectly every time.

Guest vovav80
Ahhh I didn't realise it was a built in feature, in that case I highly approve of it! I find it a tad irritating having to use the power button to turn the screen back on if im reading something (15 second screen timeout).

This is interesting, because my SF wakes up by any button independently of how long it's been inactive. Does it mean there is something wrong?

Guest sudoeste

I see that there are many that say the wifi disconnect when sleep is gone (mine isnt) but I never read anything on the notification led.

Does anyone have the notification led for sms's working while sleeping? Mine starts flashing as soon as I receive a sms, but stops flashing 2 or 3 seconds later when phone sleeps again. As soon as I press the power button the led starts flashing again.

Does anyone know why this is happening and any ideas for fixing it? Bad version of some component, can it be downgraded?
To answer my own question, it's a problem with Superuser app. I compiled my own version from the GIT hub and now it's working fine! Edited by Janil

Guest willimann

Hi!

First of all, thanks for the great Roms.

I'm using JJ RLS7 and I'm very happy with it. There is only one thing, which is not clear to me. I want to use A2SD with Ext2 as second primary partition (first one is FAT32). The FAT32-part is working as usual, but I'm not sure with the Ext2 part: in the normal Android settings I cannot find A2SD or something. Using the App QuickSystemInfo I get the information that my A2SD partition is about 1 gig (which should be correct). But when I install apps, the free amount of internal memory gets smaller and the A2SD-partiton has still the same free value. So, has anyone an idea why I can't install to EXT2? Thank you very much!

Regards, Willi

Guest skymera
To answer my own question, it's a problem with Superuser app. I compiled my own version from the GIT hub and now it's working fine!

Could you upload this please?

Also having the hanging problem!

Guest doireabu

if i have rls8 custom rom, can i install the rls9 version of overclock or do i need rls8 version... not sure about rls9 yet

and..... if i do a full backup and decide to install rls9 can i use the full backup to just run a system and app update??

Edited by doireabu