[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest MestariEetu

Hey, i was just wondering that, does my rls8 jellyfish work as it should? Scrolling to other screen in homescreen feels pretty slow and lagging, and when i go to applications menu, it doesent look same as it did with 2.1 that cool icons fly over screen thing ;)

Guest jasonXXx
Glad to hear! ;)

2.2. I removed all the languages, but English. I guess I could get those back, if anyone really needs them. I can compile this for 2.1 too now, because when I started working I had no idea why it didn't compile in the first place and thus I used 2.2.

Ok thanks for replay good that languages are removed. Im on 2.2 anyway. So this is based on chainsDD latest version but it hopefully resolves issues with su hangs?

Guest trained_killa

just to let you all know i have tried the modaco 2.2 r11 against jellyfish r9 and benchmarked it all.

Quadrant Results:

JJ Stock Launcher/No Overclock/No GUI accelaration: 437

JJ Stock Launcher/Overclocked/No GUI accelaration: 437

JJ Stock Launcher/Overclocked/GUI accelaration: 437

Modaco 2.2 Stock Launcher/HW UI Accelaration: 917

Modaco 2.2 ADW Launcher/HW UI Accelaration: 925

Modaco 2.2 Launcher.Pro/HW UI Accelaration: 923

Modaco 2.2 Go Launcher/HW UI Accelaration: 945

Modaco 2.2 Zeam Launcher/HW UI Accelaration: 946

Based on this info and also how the phone feels when doing things I have to say that Modaco 2.2 r11 is the best so far.

I hope this helps to people when they are making a decision regarding which Firmware and launcher combo.

Thanks

trained_killa

Guest m_w_clarke
just to let you all know i have tried the modaco 2.2 r11 against jellyfish r9 and benchmarked it all.

Quadrant Results:

Based on this info and also how the phone feels when doing things I have to say that Modaco 2.2 r11 is the best so far.

I hope this helps to people when they are making a decision regarding which Firmware and launcher combo.

Thanks

trained_killa

Check those scores. Theres a bug with StageFright that causes WAY OFF benchmark scores. ~ 430 seems average for a non-stagefright (read non frigged!) 2.2 benchmark.

Do a search in the forum.

Quadrant Results:

Thanks

trained_killa

Is stagefright turned off in both distros? If left turned on it can give falsely high scores.

Sorry for the noobiness, this is the first ever ROM I'm ever downloading(first post too ;) ), and I haven't really done anything harder than downloading apps on my Blade.

Am I supposed to extract the downloaded JJ file with WinZip before moving it to my phone?

And if I follow StevenHarper's Custom ROM guide (2. How to Install a ROM using Clockwork via Recovery Manager) do I need to manually wipe any data/cache?

jbfyou: Thanks! Already installed Clockwork, just haven't got to using it.

Edited by epeTm

Sorry for the noobiness, this is the first ever ROM I'm ever downloading(first post too ;) ), and I haven't really done anything harder than downloading apps on my Blade.

Am I supposed to extract the downloaded JJ file with WinZip before moving it to my phone?

And if I follow StevenHarper's Custom ROM guide (2. How to Install a ROM using Clockwork via Recovery Manager) do I need to manually wipe any data/cache?

No extraction at all. Simply copy the zip file to the root of the sd card and reboot in clockwork, choose the zip and apply. Wipe cache and data and reboot...ready.

Details about the exact steps about installing clockwork in order to apply the zip in steven harpers guide.

No, you don't have to extract the jj file, just drag and drop onto the root ( all that means is don't put it in a folder on your SD card ) of your SD card and yes you do need to wipe data and cache first. Good luck from a fellow newb.

Guest Salsaholic

Quadrant Results:

This look very much like the usual stragefright / quadrant error. Stagefright 's broken in all Blade 2.2 ROMs and makes quadrant skip a test, but it still counts this as a success (and yes, 0s for a test look really fast...). therefore SF is switched off in JapJelly!

BTW: Does quadrant measure anything related to the launcher???? I'd assume the differences you see between launchers is normal noise - did you re-run the benchmarks, or just once?

This look very much like the usual stragefright / quadrant error. Stagefright 's broken in all Blade 2.2 ROMs and makes quadrant skip a test, but it still counts this as a success (and yes, 0s for a test look really fast...). therefore SF is switched off in JapJelly!

BTW: Does quadrant measure anything related to the launcher???? I'd assume the differences you see between launchers is normal noise - did you re-run the benchmarks, or just once?

I wonder why none of the roms try to fix this with Android 2.2.1. The changelogs everywhere seem to indicate that the problems have been fixed in 2.2.1.

Guest IronDoc
I wonder why none of the roms try to fix this with Android 2.2.1. The changelogs everywhere seem to indicate that the problems have been fixed in 2.2.1.

It is fixed in 2.2.1 but we have no way of getting a 2.2.1 ROM. The froyo releases we're working off are 2.2 if I understand correctly.

Same RIL issue as everything else applies to compiling one.

So we're stuck (in relative terms) with 2.2 for now.

Guest Pelemane

Quadrant Results:

Thanks

trained_killa

Based on your info you dont know what you are talking about.

If I turn stagefright on I get about 1200 with JJ RLS9 with OC@ 768+ahb oc and HW Ui on. Without stagefright I get 580-590 points.

And how much did you overclock JJ when you did those quadrants?

Guest 90180360
I re-hosted all of the files on my server (located in UK, 100Mb/s download speed, monthly transfer limit: 1 TB - never used it though ;)):

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9.zip (for normal Clockwork install) (118.6Mb system) MD5: 1698cf7af9d130b02ddc471d089751d8

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_image.zip (for repartitioning and install) MD5: da8282015e345ae01d5ee50aad82a5b3

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_ahb_overclocked.zip (50% AHB bus overclocking at speeds above 600MHz addon) MD5: e7085706514c4237f2bea3bd3b3e26d0

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_hw_ui.zip (Addon to enable hardware accellerated UI) MD5: f65302426a12077cdfb5c389b3bf1358

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_circle_battery.zip (Addon to enable circle battery indicator) MD5: 5c83b00a26f1da4d1f0e42f7baf40fbe

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS8_deskclock.zip (Addon to replace Alarm Clock with Desk Clock) MD5: fbbeb626b5e06d7eef2097844c6525fb

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS8_blueish_kbd.zip (Addon to change orange to blue on G-bread kbd) MD5: 27b4c271657b42c0a52b10fdf4611979

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_smartdialer_addon.zip (Restore Smart Dialer and RLS7 version of Contacts) MD5: 9fcb24d6dde54527d15ce6c06dbf1d94

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_group_contacts.zip (Restore RLS8 cersion of Contacts and ContactsProvider) MD5: 324174efd7f5cfcdc969d7eaea8c5835

Thanks!

Sorry if it has already been answered, but is it possible to do a TPT install but keep the original partition sizes?

Guest richardw1992
You can try to recalibrate your battery. But try with caution, to many recalibrations can shorten the battery life.

I recalibrated mine using a similar thread on this MoDaCo forum, as I thought battery was going down much to quick on JJ (even in sleep mode it seemed to lose power as if it was awake! And I must say the difference it has made is huge!

Current uptime approximately 15 hours

Couple of short phone calls through the day.

Texting every 30 minutes,

30 minutes of angry birds,

hour or so of internet browsing on wifi, syncing, emails, app store etc.

hour and a half of constant screen use on a gym training app.

battery level currently on 47%

And all this with an overclock to 738Mhz (minimum!) and hardware acceleration enabled!

Thanks to this ROM my phone has never been so speedy and pleasing to use!

Guest logigamer

regarding battery... something with LCD is not ok - in battery information I got 20-50% usgae of screen... should be 3% approx. MAYBE THIS IS THE ISSUE? with that Chineese setting?

Guest targetbsp
regarding battery... something with LCD is not ok - in battery information I got 20-50% usgae of screen... should be 3% approx. MAYBE THIS IS THE ISSUE? with that Chineese setting?

Without the time since unplugged, and an idea of what use the phone has had, that's not a useful statement. The % of battery the screen uses will depend on how much the screen has been on since the phone was last plugged in. It could be almost nothing if the phone has been left for idle for days. It could be almost everything if the phone has recently been unplugged and the screen has been on the whole time.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Bob@Desire

I flashed Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_smartdialer_addon.zip and Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_group_contacts.zip via Clockwork and now i get a android.process.acore error and can't open my contacts any more. Is it possible to get back to the original RLS9?

Thanks

im running rls8 because i cant be bothered to upgrade, anyway, the wifi doesnt auto connect everytime on that rom is it fixed in rls9? cuz i thought it was sorted :s