[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Applied fix from page 169 which seems to have fixed the Dialer issue in spare parts.

Also made a new APN and the connection error has disappeared so far. Fingers crossed.

After two days use i have had no connection error messages,

more importantly the battery time is much improved. It seems dialler is no longer causing partial wake up and draining the battery (If i have understood this correctly). Spare parts seems to back this up.

I get a minimum of 24hrs usage now compared to a max of 12hrs before.

Guest LordKickapoo
Yes if you install saunalahti_ril.zip too

I have had problem with this rom even though saunalahti ril was installed. Problems wasnt the roaming but overall data connections.

But it might be just some random bug, got rid of it when reinstalled rom

Guest IronDoc
Is there any way to upgrade the Contacts and ContactsProvider apks to the newly compiled ones from RLS9? I'm currently running RLS5 but I much prefer the new contacts app.

Just take those apks out and push them to your phone?

Yes i have tried skyfire which supposedly alows all flash but it still doesnt work. Can you link the adobe flash apk file please.

Yeah i cant get flash to run on my system either

gotjellyfish rs8?

but its andriod2.2 ... hnmmn wouldnt run from the adobe site isnt avaible on market

Guest los_alamos_boy
Yeah i cant get flash to run on my system either

gotjellyfish rs8?

but its andriod2.2 ... hnmmn wouldnt run from the adobe site isnt avaible on market

Bloody hell! How many times does it have to be said… ADOBE DOES NOT SUPPORT THE ZTE BLADE PROCESSOR

So flash won't work. Skyfire converts videos online, in their own servers.

Guest macrules

kalte_kaffe : this rom is AWESOME!

It works like a charm!

I had a small issue when flashing some extra's: the acore process was FC-ing.

After a wipe that was fixed.

Thanks a lot!!!

Can anyone explain what changes have been made to make the RIL work?

Is it on framework.res ?

I would like to know to perhaps make an attempt to port MIUI to the ZTE blade :P

Are the weird battery indicator readings normal in JJ9? It took 1 hour on HSDPA and all possible synchronizations enabled to go from 100% to 75% battery, and now it's at 12% and won't go any lower...

Guest LordKickapoo
Are the weird battery indicator readings normal in JJ9? It took 1 hour on HSDPA and all possible synchronizations enabled to go from 100% to 75% battery, and now it's at 12% and won't go any lower...

There somewhere in the deeps of internet instructions how to calibrate battery.

and there it is http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...bration-protip/

Edited by LordKickapoo

Guest Rotmann
You could try Sebastian404's de-crossed or Flibblesan's FLB R7a. Both are equally fast and almost flawless. But no hardware accelleration ... Also no TPT or support of the repartitioned devices, at least yet.

That's false. Hardware acceleration is default on for FLB. It can be easily be enabled on the de-crossed to in the build.prop (30 seconds). Both releases work on TPT partitions.

Guest Ghazkul

Has anyone noticed that the screen wont sleep after a incoming phone call ? I am currently running RLS9 and sometimes i get this problem. Only way to fix it so far has been to do a reboot. I am running stock RLS9 with hw ui addon (no other addons).

I can add that when this do happen and you turn on the phone by pressing the power button and remain in lockscreen view, it still wont turn of the screen. Normal behavior is for it to turn off the screen in a couple of seconds.

Edited by Ghazkul

HI

Can you do something with video playing like FLB rom. Becouse the apps like act 1 video player and m video player say that they don't see any video.

any more info on this? i seem to be unable to play some videos (that worked in 2.1 FF) but unsure if it's ROM related. and no, it's not flash :P

Guest eucurto
Ecuarto said

"CONNECTION CANNOT BE MADE"

I HAD this issue and now its SOLVED!!

The most difficult part was to find a pattern to identify the origin. Done!

This happens to people that has a SIM card from a sub-operator that uses services from the main operator.

Unfortunately, this is NOT the solution. I have this problem sometimes on Three UK. This is not a sub-operator.

Nor is another suggestion: "Remove APNdroid" as I don't have that installed...

Maybe you didn't understand what i said. U have to install some sort of APN manager app that allows you to ERASE the stock APN settings so you can create them manually.

Also Curvefish's APN On/Off widget was causing the same error.

Guest coopz81

Sorry for being a noob but I have looked around and cannot find an answer.

How do you install all the various extras included with the rom ?

Are they done after the rom has been installed or during the rom install process ?

Thanks

I installed the RLS9 on my ZTE blade. it is making my blade really hot while charging. Normal battery temp is 25 but while charging it shot up to 40.

Is there anything in the ROM?

Guest spychodelics
Sorry for being a noob but I have looked around and cannot find an answer.

How do you install all the various extras included with the rom ?

Are they done after the rom has been installed or during the rom install process ?

Thanks

u install them one at the time with reboots after each one with clockwork like the rom

Guest Len Ash
I installed the RLS9 on my ZTE blade. it is making my blade really hot while charging. Normal battery temp is 25 but while charging it shot up to 40.

Is there anything in the ROM?

Normal

After two days use i have had no connection error messages,

more importantly the battery time is much improved. It seems dialler is no longer causing partial wake up and draining the battery (If i have understood this correctly). Spare parts seems to back this up.

I get a minimum of 24hrs usage now compared to a max of 12hrs before.

I can back this up as well for anyone who is interested. After initially installing this ROM Dialler was causing partial wake usage a lot of the time. After a few days of use it has now stopped and battery life has much improved!

Guest vermat17

just a quick question guys...

I had installed clockwork recovery 2.5.1.8 and used it to install japjelly RLS9

I upgraded to clockwork v3 to install a theme, but then wanted to install some addons for the ROM

I tried installing them using clockwork, but it just came up with an error message...

I heard clockwork v3 doesn't support addons (?) and so does this mean I have to go back to v2.5.1.8???

If so, can anyone tell me how????

Any help would be appreciated....

Guest Nick Rhodes

I have wifi set to sleep with the screen off and it takes out my 3g data connection as well. I've checked 3g watcgdog and no data being used.

I am using RLS9, anyone else got this problem ? is a complete show stopper for me.

I can back this up as well for anyone who is interested. After initially installing this ROM Dialler was causing partial wake usage a lot of the time. After a few days of use it has now stopped and battery life has much improved!

woah, you're saying without flashing any new .res, the dialler wake issue stopped after a while?

i think the guy you're replying to had flashed the .res linked on page 170 ish.

Edited by Smiff2

I have wifi set to sleep with the screen off and it takes out my 3g data connection as well. I've checked 3g watcgdog and no data being used.

I am using RLS9, anyone else got this problem ? is a complete show stopper for me.

Did that work with any other Rom?

Thought the Blade just turn off all connections when screen is off.