[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest LordKickapoo
any updates for the release of new version??

Well if i have understood correctly he is doing something else. No more updates to JJ

Likely RLS9 will be the final JJ version. Rumours says a Swedish official 2.2 will be out soon so we may soon have a new base to work from. I'm also doing some AOSP experiments. Just because "it can't be done" won't stop me from trying.
Edited by LordKickapoo

Guest eucurto
OK I solved the problem of audio only coming out of the headphones for notifications, ringtones alarms etc.

Replace

/system/lib/libaudiopolicy.so

with the attached one, taken from FLB.

Are you sure? I have that issue too. But if i replace the file with RootExplorer, after the boot the phone stays at android logo...

Then i tried to flash the file over Clockwork, the phone starts normally but still no sound..

Guest targetbsp

There isn't currently a next release expected. See the link 2 posts up from yours. :P

[edit] which is a broken link lol. But nonetheless, where it's meant to point to says rls9 was planned to be the last version.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest IronDoc
Are you sure? I have that issue too. But if i replace the file with RootExplorer, after the boot the phone stays at android logo...

Then i tried to flash the file over Clockwork, the phone starts normally but still no sound..

Er you can't flash that zip over clockwork, it's just a normal zip since you can't upload a .so

I just 'rm'ed the old one and pushed the new one with adb.

You can try flashing this.

Edit: You did take that file out of the zip right? Probably a silly question

audiopolicyflash.zip

Edited by IronDoc

Guest dadashi

Im using JF-R9...noticed the WiFi connection seems to be on all the time even when the screen shuts down. When Im going along the SF peeps to let me know of WiFi connections on the way....an as a result the battery is finishing the day a little earlier than it should...

Is this a JellyFish feature?

List of known problems in RLS9 (as of 2011-02-09)

Someone please tell me how to link to posts this forum is being a pain changing the links all the time sorry!

Confirmed JJ issues:

- *dialler causing cpu wakes, reducing battery runtime, can be fixed by flashing alternative framework-res.apk, fix post #3367 by whatcolor

- camera exposure control not working (does this work in other 2.2 ROMs?)

- "connection could not be made" errors when waking and when enabling mobile data e.g. when booting or power control 4th button. may be caused by incorrect APN: select correct APN, or remove APNdroid. some users say they cannot solve...

- *audio notifications only coming from headphones not speaker - some users report this? fix post #3724 of this thread.

minor or issues with simple workarounds

- virtual provider name not shown e.g. GiffGaff not 02 (only cosmetic i think)

- *no included way to copy paste from text files. if you have a long network key put a text editor (and your key) on your sd card before you flash https://github.com/paulmach/Text-Edit-for-Android/downloads

- *2 radio apps included, only one needed or works? (delete the other with e.g. root explorer)

Possible or unconfirmed JJ issues:

- GPS problems slow or unable to get fix for some users - regression? RLS7 OK for these users. try disabling AGPS (Assisted/WiFi GPS) a general fix you can try for any ROM:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...l-roms-gps-fix/

- SIM import/export data problems, contacts, SMS etc - some users report, need more info please!

- language problems e.g. for Portuguese user?

NOT JJ ROM issues (or general Froyo or Blade issues)

- wifi reconnection after sleep still unreliable for some users. depends on access point? blade wifi fix app (not included, search market) could still be used if affected?

- no wifi/3g data sync/no notification whilst asleep (other than SMS/calls) e.g. no background email checks - hardware limitation of Blade?

- not sleeping properly - check your apps and settings. only power button should wake asleep Blade

- no headphone icon? caused by 0x90 mod apparently

- sd card mounting when connecting to computer

- sd card compatibility

- battery calibration problems

- proxo sensor calibration

anyone has others please reply or edit if you can.

to be fair, after some initial problems i personally don't have any problems with this ROM now (All the above either never happened on my phone, don't affect me, or can be worked around). It's fast, stable and better than stock or Finnish Filly in every way for me :P So I probably won't be changing until something dramatically better comes along (not sure how!?) just making this list as a courtesy to others.

Thanks to KK, the author. I am just a user, not affiliated in any way.

Thanks to various posters here for tips which i've included.

Edited by Smiff2

Confirmed JJ issues:

- *dialler causing cpu wakes, reducing battery runtime, can be fixed by flashing alternative framework-res.apk, see this post http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1580787

Never got this on RLS9. I've been using it since it came out together with Frankish GB green circle battery theme. Checking Spare Parts--Partial Wake---Shows negligible Dialer use and battery does not appear to be suffering. I get around 2days with 3G constantly on and polling hourly through my email addys.

- camera exposure control not working (does this work in other 2.2 ROMs?)

Can confirm mine doesn't appear to work also, however don't know if changing exposure and then taking photo does actually make a difference,haven't tried.

- "connection could not be made" errors when waking and when enabling mobile data e.g. when booting or power control 4th button. may be caused by incorrect APN, select correct APN, or remove APNdroid. some users say they cannot solve...

Never a problem. One of the first thing i do on all roms is use APNBackup and delete any existing APNs that came with the rom and load my backup.

Possible or unconfirmed JJ issues:

- *GPS problems slow or unable to get fix for some users ? regression: RLS7 ok for these users.

Outside GPS fix is within 15-20secs for me. Don't use AGPS/Wireless location fixing.

- SIM import/export data problems, contacts, SMS etc - some users report, need more info please!

Never tried so don't know. Google keeps all contacts synched so never found a use for it.

- language problems e.g. for Portuguese user?

Cannot comment since I only ever use English.

minor or issues with simple workarounds

- virtual provider name not shown e.g. GiffGaff not 02 (only cosmetic i think)

Small problem, can confirm latest FLB RLS8a does not suffer from it.

- *no included way to copy paste from text files. if you have a long network key put a text editor (and your key) on your sd card before you flash https://github.com/paulmach/Text-Edit-for-Android/downloads

- *2 radio apps included, only one needed or works?

I simply deleted (using root explorer) the one i don't want.

Guest IronDoc
List of known problems in RLS9 (as of 2011-02-09)

anyone has others please reply or edit if you can.

to be fair, after some initial problems i personally don't have any problems with this ROM now (All the above either never happened on my phone, don't affect me, or can be worked around). It's fast, stable and better than stock or Finnish Filly in every way for me :P So I probably won't be changing until something dramatically better comes along (not sure how!?) just making this list as a courtesy to others.

Thanks to KK, the author. I am just a user, not affiliated in any way.

The fact that notifications etc only go through headphones is also a problem, though I think I've fixed it (for myself at least).

Hi folks,

Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 is running very stable on my phone.

BUT I had several times a problem with my microphone during a call.

I can hear the opposite person without problems and suddenly during call he does not hear me anymore.

When I call againt its working normal.

Everyone else is having this problem?

Regards,

Skol

Guest dadashi
Im using JF-R9...noticed the WiFi connection seems to be on all the time even when the screen shuts down. When Im going along the SF peeps to let me know of WiFi connections on the way....an as a result the battery is finishing the day a little earlier than it should...

Is this a JellyFish feature?

OK, I have been reading here and it seems this is a jellyfish feature....

I would prefer if it didn't do this as I forget to turn off wifi and it sucks away at the battery....

I keep getting peeps as I walk along the street when it finds new wifi....as far as I'm concerned it should be saving battery when the screen is off and the phone is not in use, not scanning for wifi....

Any way to switch this off...? so normaly wifi goes into standby when screen is off..

Edited by dadashi

OK, I have been reading here and it seems this is a jellyfish feature....

I would prefer if it didn't do this as I forget to turn off wifi and it sucks away at the battery....

I keep getting peeps as I walk along the street when it finds new wifi....as far as I'm concerned it should be saving battery when the screen is off and the phone is not in use, not scanning for wifi....

Any way to switch this off...? so normaly wifi goes into standby when screen is off..

You can set the WiFi sleep policy when pressing the menu button under WiFi setting.

Guest dadashi
You can set the WiFi sleep policy when pressing the menu button under WiFi setting.

OOOOH :D I didn't know that :P

It says wifi sleep policy, specify when to switch from wifi to mobile data I don't want to to switch to mobile data, just wifi sleep.....I'll try it and see if it works...

Guest IronDoc

No you cannot change the wifi sleep policy. This is the same for every ROM. If you want wifi to be off, turn it off. If you don't want it to be notified of open networks, turn that off in wifi settings. None of this is unique to JJ, the wifi sleep problem is incredibly well documented in this forum.

Post 3734

thanks, added to list. again why are not all seeing this? notifications seem fine through speaker for me...

someone could do a RLS10 with the stuff i've *ed. hopefully KK when a few more things are figured out? or someone he nominates to maintain. there's enough users of this ROM to be worth 3 or 4 fixes imho.

Edited by Smiff2

Guest nitsy01
Yeah, its the right one

Same issue here the 1st page says 118.6Mb and when i try to download using the link all i get is popup windows with ads!!

please help on how to download

regards,

nitsy