[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Same issue here the 1st page says 118.6Mb and when i try to download using the link all i get is popup windows with ads!!

please help on how to download

regards,

nitsy

118.6MB is the size once installed into the system partition. This is important to know for users who have re-sized partitions.

OK, I have been reading here and it seems this is a jellyfish feature....

I would prefer if it didn't do this as I forget to turn off wifi and it sucks away at the battery....

I keep getting peeps as I walk along the street when it finds new wifi....as far as I'm concerned it should be saving battery when the screen is off and the phone is not in use, not scanning for wifi....

Any way to switch this off...? so normaly wifi goes into standby when screen is off..

If the phone sleeps properly wireless does go off.

If wireless is staying on, then the phone isn't sleeping. It is the not sleeping that is using the battery.

Something is keeping the phone awake - check in Spare Parts - Battery History - Partial Wake usage

Guest nitsy01
@vermat

thanx.

@nitsy

nearly finished downlading it via 2.1 stock browser, opera gave me ads.

Fou-lu done with the installation..after some glitches..looks fine so far..will check rest tomm. whats your status?

Fou-lu done with the installation..after some glitches..looks fine so far..will check rest tomm. whats your status?

installed it with sebs recovery app, no problems yet, 2.2 is crazy fast lol

Guest nitsy01

just a quick question..do we need to delete the all the files from sd card ie jap jelly, recovery manager etc..or swaping the sd card with a high memory one..should that cause any issue? noobie here...

Thanks to all the devlopers here..has been a wonderful application so far

Guest dadashi
If the phone sleeps properly wireless does go off.

If wireless is staying on, then the phone isn't sleeping. It is the not sleeping that is using the battery.

Something is keeping the phone awake - check in Spare Parts - Battery History - Partial Wake usage

Cell Standby 44%

Phone idle 40%

WiFi 11%

Display 4%

Guest eucurto
Er you can't flash that zip over clockwork, it's just a normal zip since you can't upload a .so

I just 'rm'ed the old one and pushed the new one with adb.

You can try flashing this.

Edit: You did take that file out of the zip right? Probably a silly question

Yes, i know. I builded a zip like this one you attached. But still no luck.

I made another test, reverted back to 2.1 ROM and the speaker is still dead! So my guess is it is broken...

Thank you for your time.

Guest Men in pyjamas
Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 is running very stable on my phone.

BUT I had several times a problem with my microphone during a call.

I can hear the opposite person without problems and suddenly during call he does not hear me anymore.

When I call againt its working normal.

Everyone else is having this problem?

I have the same problem and it drives me mad and irritates everyone on the other end of the phone call. Today installed an app called "myLock Utilities" from market (free) and set it up to lock the phone's touchscreen when in a call. (you can unlock the touch by long press on a "back" button.

Unfortunately, this has not solved the problem completely. The root of the problem seems poor phone signal reception - when signal drops, my voice is cut off. I am thinking about returning this phone.

BTW, which hand do you use when answering a call? Can someone make a poll on this? Would make nice stats, especially when combined with a question, "do you experience any problems in a call?".

Edited by Men in pyjamas

Guest Android.Fan

Hi.

Thanks for this great work. I've been using thid ROM for month now and its running flawlessly and smooth. No problem at all as of yet.

I was wondering if its possible to upload the next release with 2.2.1 codebase.

Thx

Guest dadashi

Cell Standby 44%

Phone idle 40%

WiFi 11%

Display 4%

ok, i installed FLB-8a and the wifi goes to sleep as it should when the screen is off and the battery usage issue seems to have got better as well...

battery usage now just shows Android system 99%...

Guest taannuk
just a quick question..do we need to delete the all the files from sd card ie jap jelly, recovery manager etc..or swaping the sd card with a high memory one..should that cause any issue? noobie here...

I simply connected the card writer with the bigger flash card to my PC and the phone with the old/smaller in size flash card and then copy all information from the old card to the new one. Then disconnected both from the PC, dismounted old flash card and swap them. No problem has been noticed. Good Luck!

Guest taannuk
This is included in this ROM.

As far as I know this radio is included in this ROM but WITHOUT RDS function. Am I wrong here as I want RDS function as well? Thanks!

Guest leavitnow
About RELEASE

This is a custom ROM based on the Japanese Softbank 003Z ROM.

IMPORTANT! Everyone must wipe data/cache when updating from RLS7 or erlier. Even if you tried RLS7.5 (sorry but I signed some more stuff after RLS7.5 so a wipe is needed)

When updating to RLS9 from RLS8 a full wipe is not needed but you must wipe data from the three Contacts related apps and resync your contacts. If unsure, do a full wipe.

Downloads

• Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9.zip (for normal Clockwork install) (118.6Mb system) MD5: 1698CF7AF9D130B02DDC471D089751D8
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_image.zip (for repartitioning and install) MD5: DA8282015E345AE01D5EE50AAD82A5B3
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_ahb_overclocked.zip (50% AHB bus overclocking at speeds above 600MHz addon) MD5: E7085706514C4237F2BEA3BD3B3E26D0
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_hw_ui.zip (Addon to enable hardware accellerated UI) MD5: F65302426A12077CDFB5C389B3BF1358
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_circle_battery.zip (Addon to enable circle battery indicator) MD5: 5C83B00A26F1DA4D1F0E42F7BAF40FBE
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS8_deskclock.zip (Addon to replace Alarm Clock with Desk Clock) MD5: FBBEB626B5E06D7EEF2097844C6525FB
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS8_blueish_kbd.zip (Addon to change orange to blue on G-bread kbd) MD5:27B4C271657B42C0A52B10FDF4611979
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_smartdialer_addon.zip (Restore Smart Dialer and RLS7 version of Contacts) MD5: 9FCB24D6DDE54527D15CE6C06DBF1D94
  • Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_group_contacts.zip (Restore RLS8 cersion of Contacts and ContactsProvider) MD5:324174EFD7F5CFCDC969D7EAEA8C5835

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Installation
    Use Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.9 or 2.5.1.3 or 2.5.1.8 to install the ROM and addons. Remember to Wipe data/cache when installing the ROM. No wipe, no whine...

It also works to use the RA_Recovery as an alternative to Clockwork.

LCD and/or Apps2SD user may want to try this Clockwork version where I replaced the kernel with my custom kernel so it supports EXT3 and the new displays: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1501261

Changing system partition size to 128Mb and data to 286Mb(FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY ON THEIR OWN RISK!)
    • Download the image version of the ROM and extract the "image" folder to the the SD-card.
    • Power off the phone and when powering on hold Menu and Volume-up
    • When some green text shows up saying it's installing a bunch of .mbn and .img files you may release the buttons and wait for it to reboot. (NOTE: I tried this on a TFT Blade and no green text was shown, just a black screen but after a while it rebooted and everything had worked like it was supposed to. Not sure if it was a coincidence or if TFT Blades doesn't show the green text)

Don't forget to rename or remove the "image" folder on the SD-card when you are done so that you do not reinstall your phone by mistake later on. Sometimes it enters the "image" install when you try to boot into bootloader mode if the image folder still exists on the card.
      Go back to standard partition sizes
      Repeat the above but with this "image" folder: http://www.mediafire.com/?xtckadj09b7sxt2 MD5: C8010D841AF463F3CB1FDEDFFAFA3B1E. After this you will have Clockwork Recovery as both boot and recovery image so you'll need to put a ROM on your SD-card and install.

RLS9 -2011-01-24
      • Compiled 2.2 versions of Contacts and ContactsProvider from AOSP source. Fixes join/split of contacts but you'll lose group support and the ZTE dialer codes. Use addon if you prefer the old versions.
      • Changed automatic brightness to go as dark as the Chinese 2.2 build.
      • Fixed charging LED to work like in 2.1 builds.
      • Added IPv6 privacy options to /system/bin/userinit.sh. Edit userinit.sh if you for some reason do not want this.
      • Added examples on how to set min and max frequency in userinit.sh (for advanced users).
      • Replaced Mms.apk and SpareParts.apk with versions I compiled from AOSP source. (propably no difference at all)
      • Fixed the original FM Radio problem in kernel and re-added the original ZTE FM Radio app (unmodified version).
        • Added VoiceSearch as it is not available in Market for some.
        • Added CIFS support to kernel.
        • Added a non-renamed Gingerbread keyboard (stolen from a Nexus AOSP build) so it's now called "AndroidKeyboard".
        • Signed everthing connected to framework-res.apk, Contacts.apk and Mms.apk with AOSP platform certs. This makes life eaiser for themers.
        • Enabled standard Dialer in Contacts.
        • Removed SmartDialer.apk.
        • Updated Mms.apk with the version from the now released Chinese V880 ROM (previously used Mms.apk from leaked V880 ROM).
        • Disabled AGPS by default. Not sure it makes a difference to turn it on and it seems to provoke some "Connection cannot be made" if enabled.
        • SmartDialer and RLS7 version of Contacts.apk (without dialer) as an addon.
        • Blue-ish Gingerbread keyboard as addon (using a selected part of modifications found here.
        • Updated RA recovery.img in "image" install (TPT) to Sebastian404s latest version.
          • Facebook sync fixed
            • gps.conf back to pre-RLS6 version
            • resolv.conf removed (don't think it was used anyway and have only seen it in CM releases)
            • VPN menus enabled in Settings.
            • Automatic time setting enabled in Settings.
            • Signal indicators fixed (using same levels as in ZTE 2.1 ROMs)
            • Original Alarm clock back (has more options) but can be replaced with Desk Clock through addon if DeskClock is preferred.
            • Stock Filer app back as it can be good to have a simple file manager in place.
            • Removed lots of lib connected to the iwnnime (japanese IME) that was removed erlier. (Size of system is now below 120Mb)
            • Changed HH.MM time display to HH:MM in Danish, Norwegian and Finnish language files.
            • Added more PPP options in kernel (for VPN).
            • Circle battery indicator is no longer the default but can be added as an addon.
            • Added Sebastians RA recovery (with CM colors) to the "image" install as it supports EXT4 and also the addons needs a recovery image.
            • I'm sorry but it is NOT resigned with test keys as I promised it would be. I'm afraid resigning everything with testkeys can lead to problems when updates to "stock" apps like Gmail and Market arrives. This needs to be investigated further before testsigning the release.
              • Fixed gps.conf
              • RIL libs for Saunalahti users to stop it from appearing to be roaming when it's not.
                • Added Gmail back as it seems to missing in Market for some people.
                • Replaced AlarmClock.apk with DeskClock.apk.
                • Added resolv.conf with Googles public DNS-servers.
                • Added Googles SUPL host in gps.conf.
                • Disabled hardware GUI as eat seems to eat battery (enable with addon if you want it)
                • Changed wifi scan interval from 15 to 180 seconds (saves battery).
                • Updated apns-conf.xml with some changes found in CM 6.1.
                • Enabled EXT4 and PPP in kernel and changed kernel to use LZMA compressed initrd.
                • Removed the built in Japanese voicemail numbers.
                • Removed recovery.img from "image" install so that it doesn't overwrite any previously installed recovery images.
                • Removed the hacked "stock" FM Radio and updated Andorko's version to 0.5.

RLS5

[*]No more bloating, only one super-slimmed version that fits on 128Mb system partition (more info and instructions will come later)

[*]New kernel with overclocking support (Use SetCPU)

[*]Added swap and compcache support.

[*]Compiled and added tun.ko for the new kernel.

[*]Re-added Google Search box.

[*]Replaced MMS app with version from the chinese leaked ROM which supports adding multiple recipients.

[*]Replaced libril-qc-1.so and libcm.so with versions from the Swedish Comviq ROM (previously used versions from the Finnish Saunlahti ROM).

(Saunalahti users should use the attached update so that it doens't look like it's roaming)

RLS4

[*]Now also works without SIM cards (thanks to MDCFan)

[*]No bootlogo, keeps Splash screen until bootanimation starts. Saves space in ramdisk and splash is rather easy to replace yourself compared to replacing the bootlogo.

[*]Removed Nexus bootanimation and uses the default Android flashing logo.

[*]Added ADW Launcher

[*]Added Emulator ROMs

[*]Added VM Heap tool (and changed VM Heap size back to the default 24Mb as you can now easily change it yourselves)

[*]Turned off Stagefright. Stagefright are a new set of media decoders in 2.2 but they are broken in our release which is why it doubles the Quadrant Scores. It doesn't make the phone faster, just the benchmarks and it's just a illusion.

[*]Changed default wallpaper.

[*]Made a super-slim lite version that fits well within a 128Mb system partition (see "Partition layout change" thread and this post for more info.)

RLS3b

[*]Removed libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so as suggested by Flibb to get rid of the random mp3 playing issues.

[*]Put the new Settings.apk and SettingsProvider.apk into the right place so this time Tethering and Assisted GPS controls should be there.

RLS3

[*](native)Wifi Hotspot

[*]USB tethering (mobile data or Wifi)

[*]Enabled AGPS and the checkbox to control it.

[*]Replaced Home Switcher with Froyo version

[*]Included both working Radio apps (thanks to MDCFan and Andorko

[*]Jellyfish got missing after a tragic misunderstanding at a sushi bar and have been replaced with green android and nexus bootanimation.

[*]Updated Linpack to latest version.

IMPORTANT! The themes likely needs to be updated to support RLS3 or they will disable Wifi hotspot and usb tethering through wifi. Usb tethering over through mobile data should still work though.Frankish! The file that is chaned in framework-res.apk is res/values/arrays.xml. You can propably just get the whole resources.rsc from my framework-res.apk and put it into your framework-res.apk files. Just remeber to NOT use compression on the resources.rsc. Use WinRAR and choose "Store" when you add it.

RLS2

[*]The USIM error on unlocked phones is now gone (thansk to MDCFan)

[*]The Japanese extra call dialogue that some people experienced is gone.

[*]Circle battery indicator

[*]Removed APNDroid as it is obsolete with the new Power control widget.

[*]Updated Titanium Backup

[*]Removed the CKPD-daemon

[*]Added Spare Parts

RLS1

[*]Cleaned ROM from branding, custom contacts, bookmarks etc...

[*]Added most of the extra stuff from Finnish Fillyjonk (Launcher Pro etc...)

[*]Upgraded several Google apps and Market.

[*]Unlocked all languages

[*]Added Gingerbread Keyboard and made it the default IME.

[*]Added Wifi tethering app as this kernel, as opposed to the 2.1 kernel, seems to have the needed netfilter stuff enabled.

[*]Enabled hardware GUI accelleration, stagefright etc...

Known issues

[*]Sometimes when an app request root permissions it just "hangs". Resolved by restarting phone or just kill all tasks with a Task killer.

[*]Some phone companies "borrows" other companies networks and will show as roaming when it didn't with the stock ROM. In this case you need to replace libcm.so and libril-qc-1.so with the versions from your stock 2.1 ROM. Updates attached for Saunalahti and Yesss.

great work KK

only installed last night (moved from paul's 2.1 r4 eclair to your jls9) and noticed there are not any CONTACTS available to send text message, all the contacts are displayed in dialer list but when i try sending text message nothing to select from.

any idea?

please help

many thanks

Just installed last night,everything working great ,set up Email for aol and im getting a connection error. If I "load more messages" the mail arrives but connection error flashes up again.Set up also for notification of mail but that doesnt work have i missed something obvious? Gmail like everything else works brilliantly. Thanks for the work put in,it is much appreciated.

Dave

Guest spinozagr

I have installed the repartitioned image (286MB internal memory) JJ RLS9. It 's a really great ROM!

I need to ask, is it possible change the Clockwork version to 3.0.0.5?

Will this update affect on Blade's stability?

Edited by spinozagr

Guest robinhud2010
List of known problems in RLS9 (as of 2011-02-09)

Someone please tell me how to link to posts this forum is being a pain changing the links all the time sorry!

Confirmed JJ issues:

- *dialler causing cpu wakes, reducing battery runtime, can be fixed by flashing alternative framework-res.apk, fix post #3367 by whatcolor

- camera exposure control not working (does this work in other 2.2 ROMs?)

- "connection could not be made" errors when waking and when enabling mobile data e.g. when booting or power control 4th button. may be caused by incorrect APN: select correct APN, or remove APNdroid. some users say they cannot solve...

- *audio notifications only coming from headphones not speaker - some users report this? fix post #3724 of this thread.

minor or issues with simple workarounds

- virtual provider name not shown e.g. GiffGaff not 02 (only cosmetic i think)

- *no included way to copy paste from text files. if you have a long network key put a text editor (and your key) on your sd card before you flash https://github.com/paulmach/Text-Edit-for-Android/downloads

- *2 radio apps included, only one needed or works? (delete the other with e.g. root explorer)

Possible or unconfirmed JJ issues:

- GPS problems slow or unable to get fix for some users - regression? RLS7 OK for these users. try disabling AGPS (Assisted/WiFi GPS) a general fix you can try for any ROM:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...l-roms-gps-fix/

- SIM import/export data problems, contacts, SMS etc - some users report, need more info please!

- language problems e.g. for Portuguese user?

NOT JJ ROM issues (or general Froyo or Blade issues)

- wifi reconnection after sleep still unreliable for some users. depends on access point? blade wifi fix app (not included, search market) could still be used if affected?

- no wifi/3g data sync/no notification whilst asleep (other than SMS/calls) e.g. no background email checks - hardware limitation of Blade?

- not sleeping properly - check your apps and settings. only power button should wake asleep Blade

- no headphone icon? caused by 0x90 mod apparently

- sd card mounting when connecting to computer

- sd card compatibility

- battery calibration problems

- proxo sensor calibration

anyone has others please reply or edit if you can.

to be fair, after some initial problems i personally don't have any problems with this ROM now (All the above either never happened on my phone, don't affect me, or can be worked around). It's fast, stable and better than stock or Finnish Filly in every way for me :P So I probably won't be changing until something dramatically better comes along (not sure how!?) just making this list as a courtesy to others.

Thanks to KK, the author. I am just a user, not affiliated in any way.

Thanks to various posters here for tips which i've included.

Thanks to smiff2 for making these frequent updates. Really helps us make an informed decision before flashing a rom.

Keep up the good work :D

A general questions about installing addons like the ones in this release. Isn't it possible to install them with the Recovery Manager(like I did with the JJ-ROM) or do I have to reboot the phone and hold volume down? Cause I tried installing the addons now but they don't work. Or is it cause I have clockwork 3.0.0.5? Allthough I had no problems installng the JJ rls9 ROM with it, only the addons.

Guest taannuk
A general questions about installing addons like the ones in this release. Isn't it possible to install them with the Recovery Manager(like I did with the JJ-ROM) or do I have to reboot the phone and hold volume down? Cause I tried installing the addons now but they don't work. Or is it cause I have clockwork 3.0.0.5? Allthough I had no problems installng the JJ rls9 ROM with it, only the addons.

I am afraid Recovery Manager will make a wipe automatically after installation like when installing a new ROM. At least it did when I tried to install addons. Correct me if I am wrong.

Guest targetbsp

In the current version there's a tick box for wipe or not after you select the file.

In older version I think you was meant to choose 'firmware update' rather than 'firmware' if you didn't want a wipe - but I can't remember.

I am afraid Recovery Manager will make a wipe automatically after installation like when installing a new ROM. At least it did when I tried to install addons. Correct me if I am wrong.

Ah, that would explain it, the automatic wipe Recovery Manager does. Didn't think bout that. Thanks.

Guest Freekers
OK I solved the problem of audio only coming out of the headphones for notifications, ringtones alarms etc.

Replace

/system/lib/libaudiopolicy.so

with the attached one, taken from FLB.

I did this and now my Blade won't boot any more !! It's stuck on the green android man !

I renamed the old libaudiopolicy.so to libaudiopolicy.old to have a backup and then pushed libaudiopolicy.so. It worked fine, but when I tried to reboot my phone, it's stuck on the green android man

Can someone please help me !?