[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest IronDoc

Maybe my fix isn't as standard as I thought. It worked absolutely fine for me but the only other person who I know tried it got the same problem as you.

When I did it, I copied the whole /system/lib file from JJ and Flb to 2 directories. Then I used adb shell to delete /system/lib and pushed the whole flb one to my phone. Rebooted, and sound worked as it should. Then I deleted this, pushed the normal JJ /system/lib and used adb shell to rm only libaudiopolicy.so. Then I pushed the flb libaudiopolicy.so.

Could you try this exact sequence (don't see how it could matter but best to eliminate it).

Actually did you wipe cache? I should have mentioned I did that.

Guest Freekers
Maybe my fix isn't as standard as I thought. It worked absolutely fine for me but the only other person who I know tried it got the same problem as you.

When I did it, I copied the whole /system/lib file from JJ and Flb to 2 directories. Then I used adb shell to delete /system/lib and pushed the whole flb one to my phone. Rebooted, and sound worked as it should. Then I deleted this, pushed the normal JJ /system/lib and used adb shell to rm only libaudiopolicy.so. Then I pushed the flb libaudiopolicy.so.

Could you try this exact sequence (don't see how it could matter but best to eliminate it).

Actually did you wipe cache? I should have mentioned I did that.

Well, since my phone is stuck on the green android man, I can't do anything except boot into Clockwork.

I wiped cache, but that makes no difference

I did this and now my Blade won't boot any more !! It's stuck on the green android man !

I renamed the old libaudiopolicy.so to libaudiopolicy.old to have a backup and then pushed libaudiopolicy.so. It worked fine, but when I tried to reboot my phone, it's stuck on the green android man

Can someone please help me !?

+1 - I needed to restore from a Nandroid backup :-(

Guest Freekers
+1 - I needed to restore from a Nandroid backup :-(

Great, I didn't make one.

Oh jolly. Luckily I have a day off tomorrow to do a clean install with all my apps

Oh jolly. Luckily I have a day off tomorrow to do a clean install with all my apps

Just re-flash the RLS9 ROM without wiping any data & you'll hardly have lost anything. Then do a Nandroid backup :P

Edited by dwl99

Guest fallenbehind

i do recommend titanium backup (downloaded it yesterday (free version) then bought the product key) and backed up last night tried the flb rom today but deleting the app i didnt need then it wouldnt load in clockwork so i ended up with a clean version of JJ9... re downloaded titanium backup and restored. perfect :P

I've had to install using the TFT version as the phone no longer boots into the recover partition (it used to once). So clockwork is off limits to me nowadays.

I could do with some of the addons installing though (in particular the hardware acceleration).

Is there a TFT version available that include this?

Cheers

Guest vovav80
List of known problems in RLS9 (as of 2011-02-09)

Possible or unconfirmed JJ issues:

- SIM import/export data problems, contacts, SMS etc - some users report, need more info please!

anyone has others please reply or edit if you can.

Confirm that I can't export contacts to SIM card

Guest Maz2011

I installed Japanese Jellyfish ROM 9 on my Blade the other day and I am very pleased with the result. Just about everything seems to work much better apart from caller ID and the contacts list.

Previously on the Orange ROM any incoming call from someone in my contacts list showed on-screen by name and not by number. Now I just get the number and no name. When I go into the call log the numbers show for half a second and then they change to names, but on the main incoming call screen I never see the name.

Does anyone know why this might be and if there is some way to get the name display back? Perhaps by installing some other contacts manager (if that exists)?

TIA

PS I also posted this in the main forum which I now realise was probably a mistake. Sorry.

Guest IronDoc

As dwl says, either reflash or put the standard lib back.

You can use adb while in clockwork btw.

Guest Toni Lähdekorpi

Should this include Finnish translations? Choosing "Suomi" from the settings changes nothing, but for example Spanish works?

Are the translations of the original 2.1 rom even compatible with this one?

Guest nickoo0
List of known problems in RLS9 (as of 2011-02-09)

Someone please tell me how to link to posts this forum is being a pain changing the links all the time sorry!

Confirmed JJ issues:

- *dialler causing cpu wakes, reducing battery runtime, can be fixed by flashing alternative framework-res.apk, fix post #3367 by whatcolor

- camera exposure control not working (does this work in other 2.2 ROMs?)

- "connection could not be made" errors when waking and when enabling mobile data e.g. when booting or power control 4th button. may be caused by incorrect APN: select correct APN, or remove APNdroid. some users say they cannot solve...

- *audio notifications only coming from headphones not speaker - some users report this? fix post #3724 of this thread.

minor or issues with simple workarounds

- virtual provider name not shown e.g. GiffGaff not 02 (only cosmetic i think)

- *no included way to copy paste from text files. if you have a long network key put a text editor (and your key) on your sd card before you flash https://github.com/paulmach/Text-Edit-for-Android/downloads

- *2 radio apps included, only one needed or works? (delete the other with e.g. root explorer)

Possible or unconfirmed JJ issues:

- GPS problems slow or unable to get fix for some users - regression? RLS7 OK for these users. try disabling AGPS (Assisted/WiFi GPS) a general fix you can try for any ROM:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...l-roms-gps-fix/

- SIM import/export data problems, contacts, SMS etc - some users report, need more info please!

- language problems e.g. for Portuguese user?

NOT JJ ROM issues (or general Froyo or Blade issues)

- wifi reconnection after sleep still unreliable for some users. depends on access point? blade wifi fix app (not included, search market) could still be used if affected?

- no wifi/3g data sync/no notification whilst asleep (other than SMS/calls) e.g. no background email checks - hardware limitation of Blade?

- not sleeping properly - check your apps and settings. only power button should wake asleep Blade

- no headphone icon? caused by 0x90 mod apparently

- sd card mounting when connecting to computer

- sd card compatibility

- battery calibration problems

- proxo sensor calibration

to be fair, after some initial problems i personally don't have any problems with this ROM now (All the above either never happened on my phone, don't affect me, or can be worked around). It's fast, stable and better than stock or Finnish Filly in every way for me :P So I probably won't be changing until something dramatically better comes along (not sure how!?) just making this list as a courtesy to others.

Thanks to KK, the author. I am just a user, not affiliated in any way.

Thanks to various posters here for tips which i've included.

Just to confirm I am getting the wifi not working after sleep, doesn't connect or says disabled problem

- wifi reconnection after sleep still unreliable for some users. depends on access point? blade wifi fix app (not included, search market) could still be used if affected?

I didn't have this problem when I was running v7 I am now on v9

Hey can I use Recovery Manager v0.34 [bETA] to flash Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 ? Anyone tried it? Thanks.

I did it with 0.32, easist flash ever, read Stephen Harper's guide for help.

I accidentally switched the Keyboard from the 'Gingerbread' to the HTC_ime mod, how can I change it to gingerbread again?

e: solved. thank you very much Ciels, taannuk. :P

Edited by ocho

Guest Freekers
Just re-flash the RLS9 ROM without wiping any data & you'll hardly have lost anything. Then do a Nandroid backup :P

i do recommend titanium backup (downloaded it yesterday (free version) then bought the product key) and backed up last night tried the flb rom today but deleting the app i didnt need then it wouldnt load in clockwork so i ended up with a clean version of JJ9... re downloaded titanium backup and restored. perfect :D

As dwl says, either reflash or put the standard lib back.

You can use adb while in clockwork btw.

Thanks for the tip guys !

I did a reflash and it worked like a charm !! It looks like everything is still there, what am I supposed to have lost by doing this ?

Thanks !

I accidentally switched the Keyboard from the 'Gingerbread' to the HTC_ime mod, how can I change it to gingerbread again?

Hold down on a "input" field.

e.g. text message type field, browser search bar

Guest taannuk

Press and hold your finger on the text field and you will get the option to choose. Easy.

List of known problems in RLS9 (as of 2011-02-11)

Someone please tell me how to link to posts this forum is being a pain changing the links all the time sorry!

Confirmed JJ issues:

- *dialler causing cpu wakes, reducing battery runtime, can be fixed by flashing alternative framework-res.apk, fix post #3367 by whatcolor

- camera exposure control not working (does this work in other 2.2 ROMs?)

- "connection could not be made" errors when waking and when enabling mobile data e.g. when booting or power control 4th button. may be caused by incorrect APN: select correct APN, or remove APNdroid. some users say they cannot solve...

- *audio notifications only coming from headphones not speaker - some users report this? fix post by IronDoc #3724 of this thread. WARNING may be dangerous, read posts after that one before attempting!

- SIM import/export data problems: not able to copy contacts, SMS etc (some users?)

- *language problems - some languages in menu don't work when selected e.g. Portuguese, Finnish, others?

- virtual provider name not shown e.g. GiffGaff not 02 (only cosmetic i think)

- *no included way to copy paste from text files. if you have a long network key put a text editor (and your key) on your sd card before you flash https://github.com/paulmach/Text-Edit-for-Android/downloads

- *2 radio apps included, only one needed or works? (delete the other with e.g. Root Explorer if it bothers you. Not free? Try Root Uninstaller maybe)

- included file manager lacks SMB mounts? I recommend you install File Expert from market :P

Possible / unconfirmed JJ issues:

- GPS problems slow or unable to get fix for some users - regression? RLS7 OK for these users. try disabling AGPS (Assisted/WiFi GPS) a general fix you can try for any ROM:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...l-roms-gps-fix/

- wifi some users report RLS7 was reliable but RLS9 doesn't always reconnect - need confirmation!

NOT JJ ROM issues (or general Froyo or Blade issues)

- no wifi/3g data sync/no notification whilst asleep (other than SMS/calls) e.g. no background email checks - hardware limitation of Blade?

- not sleeping properly - check your apps and settings. only power button should wake asleep Blade

- no headphone icon? caused by 0x90 mod apparently

- sd card mounting when connecting to computer

- sd card compatibility

- battery calibration problems

- proxo sensor calibration

- wifi sleep policy. press MENU on wifi settings screen for some Advanced options. apparently same options with all current 2.2 ROMs...

to be fair, after some initial problems i personally don't have any problems with this ROM now (All the above either never happened on my phone, don't affect me, or can be worked around). It's fast, stable and better than stock or Finnish Filly in every way for me :D So I probably won't be changing until something dramatically better comes along (not sure how!?) just making this list as a courtesy to others.

Thanks to KK, the author. I am just a user, not affiliated in any way.

Thanks to various posters here for tips which i've included.

Thanks to robinhud2010 for the thanks.

Issues marked with * are those which imho could probably be fixed relatively easily if there was another update (which AFAIK there won't be since KK is working on other things).

Edited by Smiff2

Guest targetbsp

Click the post number and it pops up a box with a link in. Copy and paste that where you need it. It's kind of neat but as everyone is used to right clickibg the post number and choosing copy link on every other forum it's hard to get used to. :P

Guest dadashi

where is cold coffee :P alias KalteKafe gone? He did a really really great job building this rom with help from others...hats off to him...hope hcomes back soon...

I cant flash the fix.zip file to fix the partial wake dialer issues as I have installed Clockwork 3. Will I have to downgrade or is there any way to get it to install using Clockwork 3 ?

Guest targetbsp
i must be doing something wrong i've installed the ahb thing 3 times and checked the md5 and yet i still dont get around 420 mark on quadrant

The rom only allows overclocking. You need an app called SetCPU from the market or from the XDA forums to actually overclock it.

Guest haxxbaxx
The rom only allows overclocking. You need an app called SetCPU from the market or from the XDA forums to actually overclock it.

Do i need to do a overclock on setcpu or can i leave it on 'ondemand' and it will scale?