[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest smithy1983

Hi I am running the JJ RLS9 Rom, and I have been getting scores on quadrant no more than 430? can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? Ive tried running quadrant after rebooting the phone, but to no avail.

Guest smithy1983
That's the correct score unless you are overclocking?

Oh right. I've been reading threads on here about people upgrading to FroYo 2.2 and getting scores of 900+. Thought I had a low score?

Guest LordKickapoo

Hi! Should JuiceDefender`s automatic switch from 3G to 2G work in this ROM. It worked first time when it tried it with RLS9, but after disabling it and enabling it again it hasnt work since.

Guest LordKickapoo
I have problems adding a custom 'Notification Sound'.

It doesn't work, changing the "Phone ringtone" worked(?)

From filer (file manager) if you find your sound what you want to be notification sound you should have option when you press file long time to choose as notification sound

Hi I posted this a couple of pages back but didnt get a reply so Im trying again....!

I want to installed the fix.zip update which is meant to fix the dialer partial wake usage issues which can cause poorer battery performance.

Ive downloaded the zip and put in on my SD card, but when I try to flash zip from SD card in clockwork I get the following message:

"Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.

Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.

It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to ClockWork Mod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery. Please switch to Edify (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.

Installation aborted"

Will I have to downgrade my ClockWork installation to install this (and any other) zip update files ?

Thanks.

Guest taannuk
Will I have to downgrade my ClockWork installation to install this (and any other) zip update files ?

Thanks.

I would as I did using not the latest CW (not 3.0...). Do not forget to make a full back up - just in case. Decision is yours.

I would as I did using not the latest CW (not 3.0...). Do not forget to make a full back up - just in case. Decision is yours.

EDIT - sorted, reflashed old version and zip file, partial wake usage on dialler is now hugely reduced.

Edited by jlgmax

From filer (file manager) if you find your sound what you want to be notification sound you should have option when you press file long time to choose as notification sound

This is what I did. But it didn't save. Instead it would always choose automatically the first file in the folder called Beat_Box_Android regardless which notification sound I did choose before. :D

now I fixed it with adb. I copied my mp3 file from sdcard into /system/audio/files/notifications rebootet my phone and I could choose this file.

It isn't really neat I think.

But anyway, do I have always to reboot the whole phone when adding files like I did? Or can I refresh it somehow?

Guest dnaumov

Wow, this was scary/annoying.

I was waiting for a very important incoming call and when it rang, I took my Blade out of my pocket and while the Notification/Status bar did lit up, the entire remainder of the screen was pitch black, hiding the Answer/Decline buttons. I panicked, but thankfully I attempted to just place my finger to the correct part of the screen and do the correct finger gesture to answer the phone and it worked. After this, the phone behaved as expected. However I decided to test it again and I made a call to myself some minutes later, using another phone. The entire phone screen lit up as it normally should, but only for 1 second! After this 1 second, the Notification/Status remained lit, but the remainder of the screen went pitch black again!

Just tried rebooting the phone and made another call to myself and the problem seems to have dissapeared after the reboot.

This is on Jellyfish RLS9 running on a finnish Blade from Saunalahti.

Guest ZTE_Blade
No matter what I do, I cannot get MMS to work using this rom (RLS9).

At first, I suspected that the problem is with the APN settings for my operator (Elisa) that are shipped with the ROM and since you cannot edit in-built APN settings, I first tried creation an additional APN with the appropriate settings. When that didn't help, I got APN Backup & Restore from Market, deleted all my in-built APNs and started from scratch, entering all the appropriate settings. Still no dice, the internet APN works fine, but the Android messaging app is showing "Sending..." forever when trying to send an MMS message. From the operator point of view, no attempt to establish a connection is visible.

Here you can see the appropriate settings for Elisa when using Android: 1) http://www.elisa.fi/asiakastuki/1521.14/yl...amsung-android/ 2) http://wiki.androidsuomi.fi/Suomalaisten_o...n_APN_asetukset

One thing I am noting is that some settings guides seem to mention "MMS protocol: WAP 2.0", but there is no such option as "MMS protocol" when creating a new APN on a Blade running this ROM!

What should I do?

P.S: And obviously the MMS service is enabled in my subscription as it works fine when the SIM card is used in other phones.

I can confirm the issue. Me too was unable to send / receive MMS (msg got stuck sending).

I fixed it by replacing mms.apk with the one found in CyanogenMod for Blade - 7 beta 3.

Guest IronDoc

For anyone experiencing serious problems, can I suggest you move to Flibble's ROM. Kalt isn't working on this anymore and most of the other people who know how to fix stuff are probably looking at cyanogen.

Guest Rotmann
For anyone experiencing serious problems, can I suggest you move to Flibble's ROM. Kalt isn't working on this anymore and most of the other people who know how to fix stuff are probably looking at cyanogen.

+1

Guest Carlos Abel Chavez Slim

Agreed. This ROM is dead..

where is that section Flibble's ROM???

I really want group contacts, if I use that addon will the dialer be exactly the same+group contacts or is it a totally different contacts app?

I really don't need the join/split feature from the latest verison.

@kallt_kaffe: Please modify your TPT install images to safer ones. Apparantly, not all of the *.mbn files are necessary, but if there are too many of them and the TPT procedure gets interrupted it's possible to brick the phone. If we leave them out, the method will be much safer.

This happened to someone and there I explained which files are needed:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...p/#entry1602982

The problem is that most of the TPT install packages have way too many files inside. You just need

* appsboot.mbn

* appsboothd.mbn

and the image files:

* system.img

* userdata.img

* boot.img

* recovery.img

Perhaps the boot and recovery images aren't necessary as well.

For repartitioning, these 2 files are necessary

* partition_zte.mbn

* partition.mbn

So I think all those TPT packages (eg. Japanese Jellyfish) should be changed to safer ones without the whole *.mbn stuff that could brick the phone if the TPT install procedure is interrupted.

Considering it's dead, I'm surprised how popular this ROM still is, that's why I went with this one in the first place.

If this ones dead, wouldn't it be potentially beneficial to move over to that rom either way assuming that one is still being updated?

Guest targetbsp

Well... people are saying it's dead because he himself said v9 was the last version. He could always change his mind but...

Even if you believe it to be the best rom, it's hard to recommend to new users with the list of bugs and the assumption they'll now never be fixed.

Personally, none of the bugs affect me and I have no problem with this as a stable rom. It's just, I find stable boring. I want something that's being developed. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest StevenHarperUK

I have this on 4 devices - I will be moving to the first stable 2.3 ROM when it's ready (will probably be CyanogenMod 7)

However as other people say - non of the bugs effect me - so I am happy.

However I am interested to try the MoDaCo r12 - its very fresh and Paul has done a lot to it.

Edit : Flibble's R8a ROM - is also current.