[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest scoobydoo99

There's a 'search topic' box at the bottom under the last reply on this thread.

If you paste android.process.acore into the box and search, you'll find few similar problems and solutions.

Guest SteliosGR
From the first post:
  • Download the image version of the ROM and extract the "image" folder to the the SD-card.
  • Power off the phone and when powering on hold Menu and Volume-up
  • When some green text shows up saying it's installing a bunch of .mbn and .img files you may release the buttons and wait for it to reboot. (NOTE: I tried this on a TFT Blade and no green text was shown, just a black screen but after a while it rebooted and everything had worked like it was supposed to. Not sure if it was a coincidence or if TFT Blades doesn't show the green text)

Backup your applications first with Titanium Backup. Then you can restore them after installing this.

I follow your advices, I reniewed my rom and I restored my applications. It took me two days because I am new with android but I finally managed it.

However, when I made the first reboot I ascertained that the problem remains....

I wanted to throw the phone to the wall or burn it...

I don't know what a else to do, I am in desperation...

I am describing again the problem :

I have encounter a strange problem the last days with my zte blade.

When I install applications from the market the applications are regularly downloaded but the installation process is sometimes frozen. After a restart in order to try to install again the app a strange phenomenon is occurred. The only active applications are the ones that have been installed in the memory of the phone. All the application that are saved in the sd are not active. However, the sd card is visible and functions normally. After 3-4 restarts the applications works again.

Otherwise, If I reboot my phone, the sd applications are sometimes active but the most times are inactive and I have to reboot the phone again and again.

Edited by SteliosGR

Help! I've flashed jj rls9 a few days ago and now, every time I boot, I get notified that the process android.process.acore

(whatever that is) has stopped unexpectedly. I am then prompted to force close. I am not sure if it will lead to problems in the future. Anyone kind enough to explain what's going on and how I can fix this? :huh:

PS: I've tried reflashing but the same thing keeps popping up.

Did You do a wipe and factory reset?

Guest robinhud2010
There's a 'search topic' box at the bottom under the last reply on this thread.

If you paste android.process.acore into the box and search, you'll find few similar problems and solutions.

Thanx for pointing me in the right direction. Wiped all data from the three contact apps as advised and the force closes have ceased! :huh:

Guest taannuk
I have a few weeks now JJ9 installed and was very satisfied about batterydrain. It was usable 2 á 4 days

But after I installed new RadioRDS kernel the Blade has a huge batterydraining, now not more than 1 day of use till charging. I have nothing changed with settings and no other apps installed.

Anybody has the same experience?

edit:

I forgot to say.

No overclocking, AHB and HWUI in both configurations.

Only installed addon: Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_rds_radio.zip

Similar experience - specially tried RDS radio and the battery dropped from 88% to 55% within 6 hours with no use phone at all... It is just my personal observations...

Just wanted to say, Thanks for the rom!

I have tried CM7 and FLB in the last week but came back to the JJ as it is the most stable for me and the only one with no issues.

Good job and keep it up.

Guest southpaw1

hi guys ,

Just got new san fran , and fastboot seems to be disabled so cant use my old method for custom rom install , therefore i am left with a tpt install but just worried i have correct files

can anybody just confirm this is the correct download for tpt please , •Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_image.zip

many thanks

Guest Pelemane
hi guys ,

Just got new san fran , and fastboot seems to be disabled so cant use my old method for custom rom install , therefore i am left with a tpt install but just worried i have correct files

can anybody just confirm this is the correct download for tpt please , •Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_image.zip

many thanks

Yes that is TPT image.

Hi All!

My phone keep saying no service, actually no sim card.

Always force closed phone app......

How can I sort this prob?

1) If you don't have a sim card in your phone, you obviously won't have any service

2) more detail please?? what app?

Guest brownian

I was reading about how this ROM increases the outgoing data use from 700Kb to 1100Kb per day, something called 0 is using my network in JJ9.

The topic described how the usage monitor was quantising all sorts of traffic into this daily allowance. I take it that we are not going to be billed for this ~1Mb of daily 'connectivity' overheads as per the standard data rate?

I don't want to flash JJ9 on there only to find out my credit is being taken up before I have had chance to get a data plan and the commensurate apps on there.

Seems like this is the only bug in JJ9 apart from stagefright which is of no interest to me. Is this ROM really that stable?

Guest Gibbo501
I bought a SanFan today and have installed this ROM but downloads fail from the market. Any advice on a fix?

Are you trying to access through Wifi? I think you have to connect with 3G first.

Guest shawnboy5

Hey guys,

I have recently installed the Jellyfish RLS9 on my newly bought OSF, it looks great so far but I have a few queries about loss of touch interface. I have wiped all data and used clockworks to install the zip file provided in this post.

Upon completion of installation, I rebooted the device and prompted the green android screen start up.

None of my touch interface works when the screen prompts "Touch the green man to start".

So I removed the battery and replace it in again, The touch interface works this time and I can continue on setup my phone.

However, after completing setting up my phone, I tried to reboot my phone again, but this time the touch interface just does not work at all, no matter how many times I remove the battery or rebooting.

Has anyone came across the same problem?

Your input will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Guest drummer
Are you trying to access through Wifi? I think you have to connect with 3G first.

I tried 3G but in the end a clear cache from market app in application settings sorted it :huh:

Guest piktaz
Hey guys,

I have recently installed the Jellyfish RLS9 on my newly bought OSF, it looks great so far but I have a few queries about loss of touch interface. I have wiped all data and used clockworks to install the zip file provided in this post.

Upon completion of installation, I rebooted the device and prompted the green android screen start up.

None of my touch interface works when the screen prompts "Touch the green man to start".

So I removed the battery and replace it in again, The touch interface works this time and I can continue on setup my phone.

However, after completing setting up my phone, I tried to reboot my phone again, but this time the touch interface just does not work at all, no matter how many times I remove the battery or rebooting.

Has anyone came across the same problem?

Your input will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Try to wipe data and cache (2 steps) then reinstall RLS9. I had same issue when wiped data only (or cache only, dunno now). Full wipe and reinstalling worked for me.

Edited by piktaz