[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest jesuita

Just installed an older Recovery and installed JJR9 again.. all the programs i had on sunday are there.. not the contacts or anything related to google synchronization but the programs (games etc).

How can this be possible when i delete user data/cache/dalvik's cache??

When i install another rom, like per example CM7, i get a fresh install. If i install JJR9 back from CM7 all the programs are back.. I'm really confused with this as it never happened before :(

Guest simonsays1
Just installed an older Recovery and installed JJR9 again.. all the programs i had on sunday are there.. not the contacts or anything related to google synchronization but the programs (games etc).

When i install another rom, like per example CM7, i get a fresh install. If i install JJR9 back from CM7 all the programs are back.. I'm really confused with this as it never happened before :(

Its the data on your SD card. I don't think that wiping user data/cache/dalvik does a full format of the SD card, there are still many files and folders left behind.

If you want a really clean wipe then you might need to take the SD card out and format it in your PC (or in Clockwork) as well as the other wipes.

Guest jesuita
Its the data on your SD card. I don't think that wiping user data/cache/dalvik does a full format of the SD card, there are still many files and folders left behind.

If you want a really clean wipe then you might need to take the SD card out and format it in your PC (or in Clockwork) as well as the other wipes.

Ok, just tried this.

Formated the card on windows, reinstalled this rom and AGAIN all my old programs are there.. this is driving me nuts :(

Guest funiewski
Ok, just tried this.

Formated the card on windows, reinstalled this rom and AGAIN all my old programs are there.. this is driving me nuts :(

If you have an ext partition formating in windows will not do the trick, you need either partition magic or EASEUS Partition Manager, windows can not see linux partitions, or you can format ext partition on sd card with clockwork.

Guest jesuita

Im pretty sure i didnt create any partition on SD Card. However I was using app to SD in order to save some space when needed on the phone.. dont know if it has anything to do with it.

Also found something most interesting: there is a folder on /system called sd . Inside that folder there is another one called app and there are all the apk's including Root Explorer apk that i just installed..

Guest reluctant_traveller

Your setup is stored on googles servers, your previous configuration is being restored.

Before setting up/logging into your google account on a fresh install, (i.e. skip the setup process on first boot) go to the 'settings', 'privacy' option and deselect the 'automatic restore' option, you may need to toggle the 'back up my data' option in order to deselect 'automatic restore'

This option seems to restore applications that were in use, and their associated data; the 'accounts & sync' settings deal with contacts/gmail

Edited by reluctant_traveller

Guest funiewski
Im pretty sure i didnt create any partition on SD Card. However I was using app to SD in order to save some space when needed on the phone.. dont know if it has anything to do with it.

Also found something most interesting: there is a folder on /system called sd . Inside that folder there is another one called app and there are all the apk's including Root Explorer apk that i just installed..

/system/sd/app is what i have on my ext partition on my sd card, EASEUS Partition Manager is free, you could check with it if you have ext on sd, it seems unlikely if you do not remember it ;-)

Guest Len Ash
Bug report:

I used RLS9 on an OLED blade for one day and had the blue tint problem - really shocking! Does the ROM really support OLED screens?

Now I'm back to MoDaCo R12 - problem is gone with that one..

No problems here

Guest Coyote74

Just one question... how can i install the JJ add-on? Is there a proper metod or is like apk installation?

Forgive me for the stupid question, but i don't want make any mistake.

Guest targetbsp

They install the same way you installed the rom. Install them as zips from sd card from within clockwork. They need clockwork 2 though - they don't work in 3.

Guest IronDoc
Just one question... how can i install the JJ add-on? Is there a proper metod or is like apk installation?

Forgive me for the stupid question, but i don't want make any mistake.

Same way as ROM.

Asked and answered may times.

Guest Coyote74
Same way as ROM.

Asked and answered may times.

My apologize, but this topic is too long and i don't find what i need.

Anyway... thanks.

Now, i have to install Jelltfish addons over a system full of applications, cause when i installed JJ firmware i didn't use addons. Can i do this now? And... if i do it, need i to wipe data/cache? I suppose wipe data/cache will erase all applications... right?

Edited by Coyote74

Guest targetbsp

You can install the addons at any point and in general you don't need to wipe. You may need to wipe the data for the contacts related apps if you're installing any dialler or contacts add-ons though - can't remember. :( You'll know if you do cause they'll force close when you use them. :(

Guest Coyote74
You can install the addons at any point and in general you don't need to wipe. You may need to wipe the data for the contacts related apps if you're installing any dialler or contacts add-ons though - can't remember. :) You'll know if you do cause they'll force close when you use them. :(

Thanks a lot... i do it and all is OK :(

Guest thelongmile

hello all, is anyone else having a minor issue with it shutting off wifi when the phone enters sleep mode? It seems intermittent, I've double checked the settings for wifi sleep and it's as it should be, but just wondering if this is me or the base station

Guest Len Ash
hello all, is anyone else having a minor issue with it shutting off wifi when the phone enters sleep mode? It seems intermittent, I've double checked the settings for wifi sleep and it's as it should be, but just wondering if this is me or the base station

Be more precise. Do you mean that WiFi turns off during deep sleep and doesn't reconnect when woken? Or do you mean WiFi doesn't stay alive during deep sleep despite setting it to do so?

Guest thelongmile
Be more precise. Do you mean that WiFi turns off during deep sleep and doesn't reconnect when woken? Or do you mean WiFi doesn't stay alive during deep sleep despite setting it to do so?

Apologies, The wifi turns off during sleep and does not reconnect when woken, I'm afraid being relatively new to android I don't know what you would consider deep sleep.

The wifi is set to never disconnect

Guest Len Ash
Apologies, The wifi turns off during sleep and does not reconnect when woken, I'm afraid being relatively new to android I don't know what you would consider deep sleep.

The wifi is set to never disconnect

The WiFi will always disconnect once in sleep irrespective of the setting. This is a "feature" of the phone, apparently. I set it to sleep with the display anyway...

The WiFi on JJ9 is generally very solid. In fact it is the only ROM (2.1, 2.2, 2.3.x) that does reconnect every time. These phones don't like Netgear routers btw, particularly the ancient DG8xx models.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest thelongmile
The WiFi will always disconnect once in sleep irrespective of the setting. This is a "feature" of the phone, apparently. I set it to sleep with the display anyway...

The WiFi on JJ9 is generally very solid. In fact it is the only ROM (2.1, 2.2, 2.3.x) that does reconnect every time. These phones don't like Netgear routers btw, particularly the ancient DG8xx models.

Thank you very much, it did seem to be doing it a lot but a full charge on the battery and a reboot seems to have fixed it for now, am I right in assuming that below about 20% the system sometimes turns off the battery?

Guest Len Ash
Thank you very much, it did seem to be doing it a lot but a full charge on the battery and a reboot seems to have fixed it for now, am I right in assuming that below about 20% the system sometimes turns off the battery?

Not noticed particularly. I do run the battery low too...

Guest Len Ash

If anyone wants the "Battery Circle Mod" AND a proper battery-saving Auto Brightness control that works well on OLEDs and really well on TFTs, try this via CW

I've spent a good while with a Lux meter... and added 3 extra steps for increased transition smoothness...

(Don't do it if you have a Theme installed, it will remove it)

JJ9CframeworkMar12.zip

Edited by Len Ash

Guest thelongmile
Not noticed particularly. I do run the battery low too...

Cool, seems to do it every now and then but hey, I brought the phone purely to play with, so I might just reinstall it...

Not bad really, Never used android before, within an hour of it being out of the box it was rooted, unlocked and had custom firmware on it....

Thanks!

Guest Len Ash
Cool, seems to do it every now and then but hey, I brought the phone purely to play with, so I might just reinstall it...

Not bad really, Never used android before, within an hour of it being out of the box it was rooted, unlocked and had custom firmware on it....

Thanks!

Is yours very new? As in OUK ....B10?

There appears to be some subtle hardware differences between various batches (which is fairly commonplace to be fair).