[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest paddymcn
I'm not running 2.2 at the moment but wonder if anyone has tried the fm_zte.apk from 2.1 on 2.2?

I tried the fm_zte.apk on this rom but it didn't work :-(

The fact we now have a basic (very basic) fm radio app working is excellent news however :-)

yes run fine here :(

i have a fat32 part of 1.5 gigs

and a 512 megs ext3 part

running a2sd without problems

(using clockwork 2.5.1.8 with ext3 extention from sebas)

Thanks guys. Going to install it now. Fingers crossed.

Guest bebop68

Thanks. Yes, it just speeds up the AHB bus. But if I'd installed it correctly my benchmarks would have sped up (quadrant in the original post is 1011, mine is 935)

So -

what's the correct procedure to install japanese_jellyfish_rls2_ahb_overclocked.zip ?

Guest Watashi_PT

Very nice this rom.

But tell me something, i have installed the overclock after installed the rom in clockwork. But my results are ~934 and i can't get ~1111 like in the picture.

Can someone tell me why?

Guest StevenHarperUK
Very nice this rom.

But tell me something, i have installed the overclock after installed the rom in clockwork. But my results are ~934 and i can't get ~1111 like in the picture.

Can someone tell me why?

You have to turn the network off (airplane mode) and use the advanced version of the tests.

Guest StevenHarperUK

Hi Kallt_Kaffe

Can you please add md5's to the first post

so it reads.

Download

Get it here: Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS2.zip 25ef63818332981c87ff4e52719190f3

Lite version: Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS2_lite.zip d83a37dadfe5e0e1864b93c736ee602c

50% AHB bus overclocking at 480 & 600MHz addon: Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS2_ahb_overclocked.zip 8d548c7b5f9924c307fee39f2b1ed0cc

thanks

Guest Watashi_PT
You have to turn the network off (airplane mode) and use the advanced version of the tests.

But to have the advanced version i have to pay.

I think i will stay at the normal version :(

Guest Mardagg

Thanks for a wonderful ROM.

But i have noticed a few problems:

1: It says Sweden 3G on network, instead of Halebop, which im using.

2: I cant send SMS, and i cant seem to find where to change the settings for sending either.

other then that i cant seem to find any other problem.

I can surf and make call and such.

Best Regards Mardagg

Guest southeastblue
humm no just tried this and it works here

Are you using the normal or lite version of this rom?

I tried reinstalling the lite version again (and wiping with clockwork before hand) and it still wouldn't produce sound when trying to stream video on catchuptv mobile. :(

Thanks for a wonderful ROM.

But i have noticed a few problems:

1: It says Sweden 3G on network, instead of Halebop, which im using.

2: I cant send SMS, and i cant seem to find where to change the settings for sending either.

other then that i cant seem to find any other problem.

I can surf and make call and such.

Best Regards Mardagg

1. Sweden 3G is the network name for Telia and Tele2's 3g network and since Halebop uses the telia net you connect to Sweden 3G when you have a 3G connection.

Guest daisyhayseed

Lovely Rom. Been using it today without any problems. It seems to be very fast and has sorted out a dodgy buffering problem that I encountered with other roms when using wi-fi and my bluetooth headset simultaneously. Dungeon Defender performs perfectly! I can live with 1 out of 3 LED's for this type of service. :(

Keep up the good work.

Guest blackanchorage
Are you using the normal or lite version of this rom?

I tried reinstalling the lite version again (and wiping with clockwork before hand) and it still wouldn't produce sound when trying to stream video on catchuptv mobile. :(

I had problems with sound on this rom as well. I couldn't get Hullomail to play messages. Hullomail uses mp3. I then tried other mp3s and it wouldn't play them either. A real pity because the rom was working very well otherwise. I've had to revert to 2.1.

Thanks

Guest daisyhayseed
I had problems with sound on this rom as well. I couldn't get Hullomail to play messages. Hullomail uses mp3. I then tried other mp3s and it wouldn't play them either. A real pity because the rom was working very well otherwise. I've had to revert to 2.1.

Thanks

I'm using RLS2 lite and can't get any sound through CatchupTV Mobile either. However, I can get sound with other streaming media such as live TV on the Beeb player, Last FM and Sky Sports Mobile TV?

Guest Mardagg
1. Sweden 3G is the network name for Telia and Tele2's 3g network and since Halebop uses the telia net you connect to Sweden 3G when you have a 3G connection.

well how come can i get Halebop as name on 2.1 Roms? but my problem still exists, i cant send SMS

Guest Lost_Animal
Is this overclocked or standard 600MHz?

Does the phone actually feel snappier when browsing through programs and menus?

Its an 600Mhz CPU with AHB Overclocked image.

The phone running smooth since yesterday and without any crashing.

BTW is it possible to OC the CPU with this ROM ?

Edited by Lost_Animal

Guest kallt_kaffe
I'm not running 2.2 at the moment but wonder if anyone has tried the fm_zte.apk from 2.1 on 2.2?

Yes, I have and it also shuts off the sound after 2-3 seconds. Only difference with the 2.1 version is that you do not have to switch frequency Band.