[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest voradorpt
does anyone else notice less data signal when using this rom compared to others?

i always get 3g+ on my bladevillan rom "latest" but when flashing this rom i only seem to get H and hardly ever 3G?

btw before anyone asks yes this is via testing in the same area of my room "my desk"

H is froyo's icon for 3G+. Stands for HSDPA.

Edited by voradorpt

My phone does not go into sleep mode, i can activate Screen after 10-20 min using home button. Rom - RLS3

UPD: Made a reboot, yet works fine.

Edited by Tarot

Guest kallt_kaffe
So did I. And also, settings.apk and settingsproviders.apk were already present in /system/app/. but I went ahead and replaced them with the ones from /system/framework/. I'm not sure what to make of this.

Well, I suppose having APK's in /system/framework works similar to having them in /system/app. I never expected that to work, oh well, the placement i RLS3b is more "right" even if RLS3 might work just as well.

Guest kallt_kaffe
My phone does not go into sleep mode, i can activate Screen after 10-20 min using home button. Rom - RLS3

UPD: Made a reboot, yet works fine.

Happend to me at least twice since moving to 2.2. Not sure why, something keeps it awake and it drains battery like crazy. With a little luck it is related to the mp3 replaying issues that hopefully is solved in RLS3b. Time will tell.

Guest kallt_kaffe
H is froyo's icon for 3G+. Stands for HSDPA.

Actually H is used in Eclair too it's just that there's a boolean variable in framework-res.apk that tells if it should be used or not and Blade phones usually have this flag turned off and I usually turn it on again. However I've never seen it used on my phone but some people have reported seeing it.

Guest aristarhos

Thank you for all the hard work since now. This is a fine ROM.

I was wondering, why isn't there a Greek language support for Gingerbread keyboard?

EDIT. I also get an android.process.acore error message and force closes.

Edited by aristarhos

Happend to me at least twice since moving to 2.2. Not sure why, something keeps it awake and it drains battery like crazy. With a little luck it is related to the mp3 replaying issues that hopefully is solved in RLS3b. Time will tell.

Perhaps because of those files. I removed before rebooting libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so from my phone. No problems after a reboot was not. It remains to fix a small bug, when charging the light is always green LED.

Guest kallt_kaffe
No 5MPixel camera and key backlight due to "old" kernel.

will you support it in the future?

If ZTE releases a kernel source that makes it possible, then the answer is yes.

Guest TheodorosK

Hello there and a happy new year.

I'm really pleased with this ROM, which, in combination with the RAM hack makes the phone fly. I was just wondering about the keyboard... I'm a Greek, so no support from the official and Gingerbread versions. I also tried HTC_IME mod for the Blade, which is published here, on Modaco, but it just crashes.

What may I do in order to get a Greek keyboard?

EDIT: I found out that there's a GreekIME that supports both Greek and English, so it does the work that I want it to do. You can download it here. http://androidgreece.gr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=199

Edited by TheodorosK

Guest jurrasstoil
If ZTE releases a kernel source that makes it possible, then the answer is yes.

man, i hope they do.

i really want to switch over to froyo :unsure:

Guest Shapetsau
Screen freezes after sleep :unsure:

(TFT,5MPx)

But kinda useless when screen freezes

I have the same problem with my Blade(TFT, 512M, 5Mpix). The display works, but the touching don't. Screen won't freeze if it have been locked short time(less than 3-5 minutes) Edited by Shapetsau

Guest rayraven
Well, I suppose having APK's in /system/framework works similar to having them in /system/app. I never expected that to work, oh well, the placement i RLS3b is more "right" even if RLS3 might work just as well.

Is it not because we upgraded from RLS2 to RLS3 and RLS2 already had them in /system/app?

Also, noticed that in date&time settings, the automatic setting is missing. Can we have it added back please :unsure:

Thanks

Edited by rayraven

Guest Frankish
Is it not because we upgraded from RLS2 to RLS3 and RLS2 already had them in /system/app?

Also, noticed that in date&time settings, the automatic setting is missing. Can we have it added back please B)

Thanks

Good spot that :angry: I hope it doesn't mean more framework changes :unsure:

Guest Carlrg
man, i hope they do.

i really want to switch over to froyo :unsure:

Tbh i was in the same boat as i liked Pauls Eclair R4 so much but this rom flies. As for screen freezes on oled i haven't had one. Possibly only a problem on the newer tft's. Anyways thanks to kallt_kaffe for this unbelievable rom and a happy new year to all.

Is html 5 working for other people on rls3 - when I try tv catchup i get a download window for playlist.m3u8 and m. youtube.com gives me a video cannot be played error.

Guest rayraven
Good spot that B) I hope it doesn't mean more framework changes :unsure:

+1 to that, i'd have to wait till you reskin them before i update again :angry:

Guest Carlrg
Is html 5 working for other people on rls3 - when I try tv catchup i get a download window for playlist.m3u8 and m. youtube.com gives me a video cannot be played error.

Beeb player (dunno if it uses html 5) and youtube working fine here.

Edited by Carlrg

Guest kallt_kaffe
Also, noticed that in date&time settings, the automatic setting is missing. Can we have it added back please :unsure:

Was it ever there to start with? I mean, has it ever been there in the Japanese dumped ROM? I restored RLS2 Settings.apk to my phone and it's still gone. Or did it go missing with the Phone.apk hacks?

Restored Phone.apk, Settings.apk and SettingsProvider.apk and it's still gone.

Edited by kallt_kaffe