[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Frankish
+1 to that, i'd have to wait till you reskin them before i update again :unsure:

I'm pretty well set up now. It's my fault the updates take me longer as i don't keep organized. I think i've got myself to a place where i can do them pretty quick. Considering doing a Gingerbread theme with black menus again. Do i do it? Considering some menus will be all white?

Guest Frankish
Was it ever there to start with? I mean, has it ever been there in the Japanese dumped ROM? I restored RLS2 Settings.apk to my phone and it's still gone.

Maybe it's only on a fresh install and not after that?

Guest rayraven
Was it ever there to start with? I mean, has it ever been there in the Japanese dumped ROM? I restored RLS2 Settings.apk to my phone and it's still gone. Or did it go missing with the Phone.apk hacks?

No, it was never there afaicr, it used be on the FLB rom though.

Guest rayraven
I'm pretty well set up now. It's my fault the updates take me longer as i don't keep organized. I think i've got myself to a place where i can do them pretty quick. Considering doing a Gingerbread theme with black menus again. Do i do it? Considering some menus will be all white?

@Frankish,

Also, some apps still show the froyo still menus, spinners with gingerbread theme installed as well.

Example is the daily strip app i use, is it hardcoded into the app?

And are you kidding? the last update was very quick, anything faster is miraculous :unsure:

Edited by rayraven

Guest Frankish
@Frankish,

Also, some apps still show the froyo still menus, spinners with gingerbread theme installed as well.

Example is the daily strip app i use, is it hardcoded into the app?

And are you kidding? the last update was very quick, anything faster is miraculous :unsure:

That's what i meant by some menu's will still be white. Root explorer also the same. I've been through framework-res.apk and not found where these other white menus are and i pulled apart the Root Explorer app and still didn't find them. I'm totally clueless! Pisses me off too as i love black menu's.

Guest Carlrg
ive installed rsl3 but the gingerbread keyboard is not showing, how do i activate it please?

Please ignore duff information.

Edited by Carlrg

Guest blackanchorage

Thanks kallt_kaffe, release 3b fixes the mp3 issue I reported a couple of days ago on release 2, both with Hullomail, and playing an mp3 from the sdcard.

Regards

Guest SWOriginal
That's what i meant by some menu's will still be white. Root explorer also the same. I've been through framework-res.apk and not found where these other white menus are and i pulled apart the Root Explorer app and still didn't find them. I'm totally clueless! Pisses me off too as i love black menu's.

I searched for ages for the fix when I done my gingerbread theme for Paul's rom, there's no image in the framework that's causing or in the indevidual apps so I seriously don't know the cause. propper annoying but I'd rather have consistent menus than black menu's :unsure:

Guest Phoenix Silver
That's correct. Virtual networks like GiffGaff usually show the name of the parent network unless the phone has been programmed to recognise the virtual name. GiffGaff is owned by O2 anyway so in a way it's correct for it to be showing O2.

Place the two files into /system/app/

i have the same little bug phone display Orange F (should display Virgin Mobile)

I had the same bug in your rom Fibblesan

But in Paul's Alpha 4 display was correct :unsure:

What is the difference between the 2 roms ?

Guest Phoenix Silver

hey Frankish in your picture is it what you look like after your party ? B)

(you know i'm joking i'm not really better wouachh)

Seriously is your rom use a2sd ? not really sure :unsure: (using ext3 part)

2 nd question is it easy to put a2sd+ in ?

Guest Frankish

A little bit :unsure:

Guest Phoenix Silver

Seriously is your rom use a2sd ? not really sure :unsure: (using ext3 part)

2 nd question is it easy to put a2sd+ in ?

mouarf question is for kalf (stop the whine)

is the rom use a2sd ?

Having trouble !

Can't use this rom without sim card it comes with USIM error and I need to restart device. Just want to test without placing in a sim card. I could do this with all other roms here but not with this. Anyone got solution?

Guest MDCFan
Having trouble !

Can't use this rom without sim card it comes with USIM error and I need to restart device. Just want to test without placing in a sim card. I could do this with all other roms here but not with this. Anyone got solution?

Yes, replace Phone.apk in ROM zip file with the one here and then flash ROM again.

But I advice you to unlock your phone anyway.

Edited by MDCFan

I think phone might not go to sleep when locked.

my phone went to sleep 1 in 10 times, had to bin it back to stock and thats going into standby every time

Yes, replace Phone.apk in ROM zip file with the one here and then flash ROM again.

But I advice you to unlock your phone anyway.

My phone is unlocked !

I can use whatever I want for operator, but it bugs me !

Did anyone else notice the battery drains very fast in this one? Mine lasted only for 6hrs with very very minimal use. Will try RLS3b now..

I have noticed it too. Within 4 hours my phone has gone from 100% to 75% and I have not even used the phone, it's remained in standby. WiFi is not on and I have used task killer to terminate anything that may have been running in the background. The battery doesn't even last a full day. I was using sebs ROM before this and never had this much of a problem.

Guest deanhiggins2
my phone went to sleep 1 in 10 times, had to bin it back to stock and thats going into standby every time

i've got it as well phone will not go to sleep i can wake it up by pressin the front buttons help thanx