[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Phoenix Silver
I don't seem to be able to use adb with JJ unless in recovery (or bootloader presumably). Does anyone else have this problem?

no

just tried adb shell and works fine here

Guest Afrodude
P.S Can someone please tell me how to get Gingerbread keyboard on this? Is it activated in the settings some where.

Long click any input box, select the option "Input Method" and choose the one you want :unsure:

Edited by Afrodude

Guest SWOriginal
i've got it as well phone will not go to sleep i can wake it up by pressin the front buttons help thanx

if u guys are locking ur screen and then home straight after it will wake up but for me if I lock and then wait 60 seconds I have to wake by the power button... my battery is ok on this rom, battery's never lasted a day on any rom.. usually get 13hrs wiv constant web browsing, Facebook, last FM streaming, YouTube & an odd game here n there

Long click any input box, select the option "Input Method" and choose the one you want B)

lol as simple as that? thanks I got it running now :unsure:

Hey can you access your sd card when this happens? I've been having a problem where the sd card 'corrupts' spontaneously and wont mount or format. Then I plug the card into my pc reader and its fine, and once I've done that it will mount in the phone again. At such times it also won't mount in clockworkmod. This definitely happened on rls2 and rls3 - has anyone got links to rls1 so I can test it again?

Cheers

Yes, I can access my sdcard.

I found the reason why my phone does not go into sleep mode. This is not happening because the application FmRadio after exiting it keep it running. Only after stopping FmRadio in "Manage applications", phone became go into sleep mode.

Edited by Tarot

Hi, this ROM is really great!

I'm only having one annoying problem: the system doesn't recognise media files correctly:

• Gallery app is only showing pictures taken with the Blade (with previous ROMs). It doesn't show other JPEG's I have under /sdcard/Pictures/<dir>
  • Music app is not showing any of my MP3 under /sdcard/Music/<album name>
  • Videos app is only showing videos taken with the Blade (with previous ROMs). It doesn't show other MPEG's or AVI's I have under /sdcard/Video/<dir>

• I've wiped all the partitions before flashing
    • This problem happens with Jellyfish RLS2 and RLS3
    • This problem does NOT happened in any other ROM (and I already tried more than 10!)
    • I've deleted all folders/hidden files from the sdcard belonging to previous installations

Did anyone had the same problem? How did you fixed it?

Thanks in advance!

..oh.. and Happy New Year!

UPDATE:

The problem fixed itself! Now I can see pictures, music and videos on the corresponding apps... Weird...

There's only one problem left: the Music app doesn't detect my "Artists". It "sees" all my MP3 as "Unknown artist" although it detects all "Albums" correctly...

I'm still using RLS3 (not RLS3b). Should that "libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so" fix solve this?

Hi, I'm using RLS3.

In the "compose new message" screen (Messaging app) I don't have the button to browse my contacts and select multiple recipients. I wanted to send a "Happy new year" SMS to some of my contacts and I had to write their names one by one in the "To:" box...

Guest rxexdxbxaxnxd
I don't seem to be able to use adb with JJ unless in recovery (or bootloader presumably). Does anyone else have this problem?

I seem to lose adb ("device not enabled") after phone has been asleep... restarting USB debugging usually fixes it...

Guest Aceofess

Tried this ROm yesterday, and it drained my battery within 15hours. Also I didnt get Astro player to work, it was not able to play my mp3´s

Guest pmslrxe

Please,I got a ploblem, It seems ALL roms of this cellphone still contain a bug!

When I install a game , if it's bigger than 20m ,it will auto restart!

What Can I do whith it???

Tried this ROm yesterday, and it drained my battery within 15hours. Also I didnt get Astro player to work, it was not able to play my mp3´s

most of us are having battery drain issues.

Guest funiewski

Hi, thanks for the rom, great work. Almost everything is working well so far. There is one exception, I can not install Brut maps, regardless witch method I use, adb, root explorer, name it. But maybe Brut Google Maps 4.6.0.4686-brut17 is not compatible with Froyo?

I found the reason why my phone does not go into sleep mode. This is not happening because the application FmRadio after exiting it keep it running. Only after stopping FmRadio in "Manage applications", phone became go into sleep mode.

tried killing that, it slept once then stopped sleeping and woke up via the front buttons

tried killing that, it slept once then stopped sleeping and woke up via the front buttons

There can be still any application hinders to go into a sleep mode. I only with FmRadio had a problem.

most of us are having battery drain issues.

I was seeing poor battery life too. Turned out it was the Wi-Fi sleep policy - which seemed to be set to 'Never'. From the home screen press Menu->Settings->Wireless & networks->Wi-Fi settings->Menu Button->Advanced->Wi-Fi sleep policy. Change it to something other than 'Never'.

The only other issue I've had with this ROM (JJ RLS2) is a sluggish app drawer, at least when running a live wallpaper. Installing Eugene373's GingerBread Launcher seems to fix this for me. Anybody else notice this?

Great work kallt_kaffe. Looking forward to Chinese Chipmunk or whatever you decide to go with. I thought the Jellyfish home screen was a thing of beauty BTW :-)

There can be still any application hinders to go into a sleep mode. I only with FmRadio had a problem.

i have those apps running on the stock rom without issue so i think its the rom itsef to blame tbh

I was seeing poor battery life too. Turned out it was the Wi-Fi sleep policy - which seemed to be set to 'Never'. From the home screen press Menu->Settings->Wireless & networks->Wi-Fi settings->Menu Button->Advanced->Wi-Fi sleep policy. Change it to something other than 'Never'.

The only other issue I've had with this ROM (JJ RLS2) is a sluggish app drawer, at least when running a live wallpaper. Installing Eugene373's GingerBread Launcher seems to fix this for me. Anybody else notice this?

Great work kallt_kaffe. Looking forward to Chinese Chipmunk or whatever you decide to go with. I thought the Jellyfish home screen was a thing of beauty BTW :-)

set to never it still times out when the phone is in standby, i was running the ping 192.168.1.9 -t watching it do this.

Guest MDCFan
My phone is unlocked !

I can use whatever I want for operator, but it bugs me !

Was your phone unlocked when you bought it or you have unlocked it using code?

thanks for that. I've changed it to when screen turns off and saved it too. It's been 8 hours since I've unplugged my phone from teh charger and I have not used it to do anything today and already it is at 50%. :unsure:

Guest liamdunn
Hi, I'm using RLS3.

In the "compose new message" screen (Messaging app) I don't have the button to browse my contacts and select multiple recipients. I wanted to send a "Happy new year" SMS to some of my contacts and I had to write their names one by one in the "To:" box...

i dont know if this was in eclair version of the sms but i know the froyo one is different, personally i think the new messagin screen is rather crap and a step backwards as batch dete of threads has been removed you now have to delete individual threads one by one.

im hoping that someone can somehow import eclairs mms.apk into froyo but how easy or hard that would be im not sure as it might be kernel restricted

Guest Simon O
Please,I got a ploblem, It seems ALL roms of this cellphone still contain a bug!

When I install a game , if it's bigger than 20m ,it will auto restart!

What Can I do whith it???

Never seen this before. What game are you trying to install?

thanks for that. I've changed it to when screen turns off and saved it too. It's been 8 hours since I've unplugged my phone from teh charger and I have not used it to do anything today and already it is at 50%. :unsure:

That didn't do anything, since changing it my phone has dropped another 5%. I can't see why this ROM is killing my battery.