[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest IronDoc
I seem to lose adb ("device not enabled") after phone has been asleep... restarting USB debugging usually fixes it...

It doesn't recognise it as a device at all when I do adb devices. Different problem, I think

Guest Arr Too
perhaps different with adb winblow

Yeah, Windows is a PITA with USB stuff. I think different ROMs tend to present themselves as "different" devices that Windows is too stupid (or badly designed) to cope with properly.

Guest rxexdxbxaxnxd
It doesn't recognise it as a device at all when I do adb devices. Different problem, I think

Oh, just remembered, I had to update my drivers too. I'm on Win7 and the ZTE HSUSB driver that was working fine with the eclair rc4 image I used before were no longer recognising the device at all... Can't remeber which one I updated to, but it hadn't worked with eclair, but does with froyo image...

Guest Phoenix Silver

I have just tried a backup restore of jeelyfish

worked this time

last time i haven't rebooted before the backup -----> bricked the phone (infinite loop)

conclusion

Install the rom

REBOOT

Install the overclock

REBOOT

Install the theme

REBOOT

REBOOT again

REBOOT in recovery mode

make a nandroid backup

Guest taine0

Don't know if it's just me, but having trouble getting ChompSMS's popup feature(new sms quick reply thing) to work in this rom, gonna try handcent and see if it's same. Tried uninstalling Chomp and changing all settings but no luck so far.

Guest heavyduty00

can someone answer my question please?

Does the normal RLS3b (rom ie not the overclock and adb rom etc) have the option to install apps to ur sd card?

thanks for that. I've changed it to when screen turns off and saved it too. It's been 8 hours since I've unplugged my phone from teh charger and I have not used it to do anything today and already it is at 50%. :unsure:

Can you see what is using your battery in Settings->About phone->Battery use? And also look in spare parts Battery history->Other usage - you should see the figure for Wifi running to be less than the figure for Wifi On (my Wifi On is 100%, but Wifi Running corresponds to how much time the phone isn't sleeping for). The other screens in Battery history should give good clues as to what's eating your battery.

Guest StevenHarperUK
can someone answer my question please?

Does the normal RLS3b (rom ie not the overclock and adb rom etc) have the option to install apps to ur sd card?

All Froyo (2.2) ROms allow this : bu be aware you need Move2SD app (from themarket) to force none supported ones onto the SD

Guest k0nrad
All Froyo (2.2) ROms allow this : bu be aware you need Move2SD app (from themarket) to force none supported ones onto the SD

...Or Titanium Backup, already included in the ROM.

Guest gluttony

just installed RLS3b but for some reason giffgaff shows up as "telefonica O2 UK Limited" on the lock screen and the network operators list. Any Ideas?

Guest wakaru
just installed RLS3b but for some reason giffgaff shows up as "telefonica O2 UK Limited" on the lock screen and the network operators list. Any Ideas?

How about a little reading a few pages earlier? Or even better, using the search option in the forum.

Guest k0nrad

Just for kicks and (maybe) consideration for some custom wallpapers and/or bootscreens.

Google "Japanese Jellyfish" for Graphics.

:unsure:

Edited by k0nrad

Guest rxexdxbxaxnxd
Just for kicks and (maybe) consideration for some custom wallpapers and/or bootscreens.

Google "Japanese Jellyfish" for Graphics.

:unsure:

Bioluminescent Japanese JellyFish look especially good...

post-791407-1293920742_thumb.pngpost-791407-1293920850_thumb.png

Edited by rxexdxbxaxnxd

Does anybody know whether the battery drain issues occur only on RLS3 only or on RLS3b too?

all versions, i had to scrap this for now and go back to 2.1, hit the power button and its in standby within seconds.

Guest NightSt@lk3r
Does anybody know whether the battery drain issues occur only on RLS3 only or on RLS3b too?

What battery drain issues? 25 hours after last charge still 78% left.

Guest sonny crockett
Can you see what is using your battery in Settings->About phone->Battery use? And also look in spare parts Battery history->Other usage - you should see the figure for Wifi running to be less than the figure for Wifi On (my Wifi On is 100%, but Wifi Running corresponds to how much time the phone isn't sleeping for). The other screens in Battery history should give good clues as to what's eating your battery.

I have checked this on mine and oddly

Phone Idle 33%

Cell Stanby 33%

Wifi 33%

In Spare parts it reads

Wifi On 100%

Wifi Running 100%

Certainly notice that if I am at home and its within my home Wfi network battery use is okay, however I went out today and was shocked to find within a matter of an hour or so it went from 89% to 50%.

Hope this helps and willing to keep the ROM on here for a bit to help with any testing.

Guest robot1000

Rather then having to wipe and install RLS3b, can someone provide instructions how to resolve the issues via adb or via root explorer:

RLS3b

Removed libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so as suggested by Flibb to get rid of the random mp3 playing issues.

Put the new Settings.apk and SettingsProvider.apk into the right place so this time Tethering and Assisted GPS controls should be there.

kallt_kaffe - This ROM eats through battery power. I have not used my phone at all today. WiFi is off and disabled, and after 15 hours my battery died from full. Are you aware that this is an issue please?

Bioluminescent Japanese JellyFish look especially good...

post-791407-1293920742_thumb.pngpost-791407-1293920850_thumb.png

how do you get those widgets above the clock, i've seen a few people with that, but I can't find the theme which people are using. What is it called please?

Guest Simon O
kallt_kaffe - This ROM eats through battery power. I have not used my phone at all today. WiFi is off and disabled, and after 15 hours my battery died from full. Are you aware that this is an issue please?

Most likely caused by the overclocked bus.

Guest rxexdxbxaxnxd
how do you get those widgets above the clock, i've seen a few people with that, but I can't find the theme which people are using. What is it called please?

It's called SwitchPro Widget.