[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Sebastian404
but using the older kernel of Paul's Froyo ROM at the moment

I can speak for Jellyfish,, but my firmware has nothing to do with Pauls ROM... I'm using the kernal that came from the previously leaked V880 development device.

Guest Sebastian404
Aaah, so that was the boot.img update yesterday? Things do change fast...

I've always been using that kernel.. upto the other day I've not tried any version of 2.2, I have enough problems being accused of stealing other peoples work that I don't even want to look at Pauls :(

Guest PeaNut_HU
I've always been using that kernel.. upto the other day I've not tried any version of 2.2, I have enough problems being accused of stealing other peoples work that I don't even want to look at Pauls :(

Sorry i had this misconcept in my mind, but i don't think anyone steals work where these are open source modules, but in the end, i am happy for a good working release of your ROM, no matter what kernel it is based on ;) ;)

Guest Azurren
I've always been using that kernel.. upto the other day I've not tried any version of 2.2, I have enough problems being accused of stealing other peoples work that I don't even want to look at Pauls ;)

Sorry i had this misconcept in my mind, but i don't think anyone steals work where these are open source modules, but in the end, i am happy for a good working release of your ROM, no matter what kernel it is based on ;) ;)

I really hope "Leeching" and "Stealing" doesn't come to the SF community

The end user would be happier if a complete codding numpty (Like me) came along and just merged every good rom into one ;)

Imagine if the guys at Intel refused to let anyone use a 3rd party GPU and you were forced to use a GMA :(

Tbh I don't even know who's accusing who and by no means am I calling anyone a thief

Edited by Azurren

Guest Jet-Ace
It is unlocked already. Finnish Blade TFT/512MB/5MP.

Same thing here. And never has been locked. Think I skip this one so far.

r0.2_update_de_softened_blade_signed made same thing.

Edited by Jet-Ace

Guest oh!dougal
guys this might seem like a dumb question but im really confused as to why we dont have a stable 2.2 now what with wellbeing uploading the dump of his rom?

One point that you might have missed out on is that WellBeing's phone is not identical with the SF/Blade.

Similar, but not identical.

Therefore the software, as dumped, cannot simply be loaded straight into an SF/Blade to make a clone of an 003Z.

Guest Carlos Abel Chavez Slim

Perhaps a stupid question - How do I remove applications like APNdroid and AdFree after installing the ROM?

The uninstall button is greyed out in Manage Applications.

In an unrelated note the O2 network is showing up as Telefonica O2 UK Limited.

Edited by Carlos Abel Chavez Slim

Guest oh!dougal
Same thing here. And never has been locked. Think I skip this one so far.

r0.2_update_de_softened_blade_signed made same thing.

Its a good idea to 'skip' on things you don't understand.

This is an experimental release based on pre-production leaked software.

"Locking" and Finnish Blades.

As has been adequately documented already, this generation of roms requires the phone to be actively unlocked.

What the Finnish rom does is just not check the locks - it has not been UNlocked. You haven't done an unlock on your phone.

To use this generation of 2.2 roms on a Finnish phone, you'd need to install some software that does check for the lock (like Orange UK's stock 08), so that you can then do the unlock procedure.

After you have unlocked your phone in that way, then you could install this software --- but --- it won't work the camera in the Finnish phone (but I'm sure you had spotted that one already).

This is an experimental development and still very much "a work still in progress".

Its not 'suitable for everyone' just yet.

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest UbaRolfey

Wow, so far this rom is fast even without the overclocking mod, with it it's faster still, and in general use I think it shows. I can also see that it shows hsdpa as a network connection at the top, which is nice.

I'm yet to find out what happens with the battery using this with the overclock mod. I'm also going to change the heap size to see what comes out the best.

The appdraw is better as well, much smoother, by the time I've messed around with the memory size in launcher pro, it will run like a dream.

Mike

Guest Andr0ider
Wow, so far this rom is fast even without the overclocking mod, with it it's faster still, and in general use I think it shows. I can also see that it shows hsdpa as a network connection at the top, which is nice.

I'm yet to find out what happens with the battery using this with the overclock mod. I'm also going to change the heap size to see what comes out the best.

The appdraw is better as well, much smoother, by the time I've messed around with the memory size in launcher pro, it will run like a dream.

Mike

Yes, overclocked ROM looks very impressive. But would like to know how this affects battery life :(

Frankly speaking I would prefer a mix this ROM and Sebastian's: take the performance from the 1st and everything else from the 2nd ;)

Guest Carlos Abel Chavez Slim
Perhaps a stupid question - How do I remove applications like APNdroid and AdFree after installing the ROM?

Deleting some apks through the terminal did the trick.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Gonna give this ROM a shot, after using Seb's for a day- it's quick as anything, and hopefully this with stagefright/HWUI and other such improvements should be excellent.

Gonna give this ROM a shot, after using Seb's for a day- it's quick as anything, and hopefully this with stagefright/HWUI and other such improvements should be excellent.

I'm using Seb's from the first release, I'm using his latest version r0.2 I'm getting a score around 400 and It seems slightly sluggish, but I'm going to continue using it has been updated regularly, hopefully a new release tonight :(

Guest Frankish
I'm using Seb's from the first release, I'm using his latest version r0.2 I'm getting a score around 400 and It seems slightly sluggish, but I'm going to continue using it has been updated regularly, hopefully a new release tonight :(

The score of 400 can be doubled and more just by enabling stagefright in the build.prop.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
The score of 400 can be doubled and more just by enabling stagefright in the build.prop.

I'm willing to try new ROMs, this looks like it has more finish to it- no offence to Seb, of course. The Fillyjonk base just looks more ready. But yes, whatever Seb does, and if it's some amazing kernal or performance stuff,I'll move there. But yes, it's not really much of a competition. These are very similar roms, from the same source. And they both should be pretty stable...Seb's was.

I'm looking forward to the new Kernal, however.

Also, Frankish...I can't make hide nor hair of all the xml stuff in the theme files...would there be much to change to make a theme for this base?

Guest kallt_kaffe

Open the zip file with WinRAR, 7-zip or similar app and remove the apps in /system/app that you do not want. Then reinstall without wiping data.

Guest kallt_kaffe
I can speak for Jellyfish,, but my firmware has nothing to do with Pauls ROM... I'm using the kernal that came from the previously leaked V880 development device.
Not sure where the kernel comes from but I use the one in fonix202's TestPort boot.img. Propably the same one. It's compiled on september the 2nd.