[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

No i am running overclocked bus and am now sitting at 24h 52 min and battery is at 84%, granted i have not used the phone very much , but Wifi is running , i have texted a couple of times and fiddled a bit with my icons.

I would say it is something else in RLS3 , cause i am on RLS2(lite) (if nothing else has been changes with the overclocking)

Edit: Since there seems to be trust issues i took a screenshot. I have not been gaming and stuff but wifi running and i have texted a bit.

You never told us before you were on RLS2 Lite lol. So there definitely is a problem with RSL3 then. I guess I need to use another ROM until this is fixed.

Guest dmxpowa

just delete all the junk from /system/app/. theres some s*** that prevents your phone to go into sleep, i have deleted all the crap that came from the OP and my phone goes to sleep and lasts for a day with an avarage usage. (ye im talking about RLS3b)

Guest Phoenix Silver
just delete all the junk from /system/app/. theres some s*** that prevents your phone to go into sleep, i have deleted all the crap that came from the OP and my phone goes to sleep and lasts for a day with an avarage usage. (ye im talking about RLS3b)

just uninstalled a lot of apps too and battery is oki

you have just to use titanium backup guys for this

very simple

Guest targetbsp
Try again, I'm sure that's not right either

After 3 days 3 hours mine dropped to only 61% over these holidays. That's with a few short calls, some texts, some app upgrades from the market. The battery life is actually really good if you can resist the temptation to play with the thing non stop. :unsure: I posted about it here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-life-is-great/

Guest brutamuk

Installed rls3b last night over the r4 2.1 rom. Everything works fine apart from it wont play downloaded mp4 video anymore. Not had chance to try any other file types yet but the only media player that will play mp4 is rockplayer, but that cant decode any audio . Stock player just comes up with message "cannot play video". Tried several other media players and they all come up with error messages.

Streaming video and youtube works fine.

Didn't have this problem on previous roms.

Anyone else encountered this?

ps. I'm not on the overclocked rls3b, just the standard one.

Guest ARIS RE!
Yes, replace Phone.apk in ROM zip file with the one here and then flash ROM again.

But I advice you to unlock your phone anyway.

TNX. Confirm it works.

I just wanted to have it with no Sim inside (my Phone is unlocked) and I couldn't with the original Phone.apk

I have checked this on mine and oddly

Phone Idle 33%

Cell Stanby 33%

Wifi 33%

In Spare parts it reads

Wifi On 100%

Wifi Running 100%

Certainly notice that if I am at home and its within my home Wfi network battery use is okay, however I went out today and was shocked to find within a matter of an hour or so it went from 89% to 50%.

Hope this helps and willing to keep the ROM on here for a bit to help with any testing.

Check again your WiFi sleep policy again to make sure it's not set to 'Never'. You have the same problem I had. Maybe it needs a reboot to make it stick? I had very poor battery life when my WiFi wasn't sleeping, but now it's sleeping properly my battery is dropping just a few percent overnight.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Most likely caused by the overclocked bus.

No, AHB bus does increase the power usage slighly but this is something else. Sometimes the phone does not enter sleep. I've had it too a few times, but it has not happend yet since RLS3b so I'm not sure if the removal of the libs helped.

Guest gusthy
Does anybody know whether the battery drain issues occur only on RLS3 only or on RLS3b too?

I use 3B for a day, battery usage seems normal.

The phone goes to sleep when needed, at wakeup reconnects to wifi, absolutely usable.

Up since 15hrs, I used for browsing, emailing, sent some SMSes and made some calls, battery at 70%.

Guest fluxcapacitor

I don't think r3 is the problem as its better for me than r2.

I'm wondering if Facebook is the cause as with the latest version it keeps you signed into chat after exiting the app unless you kill it or 'go offline'

Check again your WiFi sleep policy again to make sure it's not set to 'Never'. You have the same problem I had. Maybe it needs a reboot to make it stick? I had very poor battery life when my WiFi wasn't sleeping, but now it's sleeping properly my battery is dropping just a few percent overnight.

I changed mine to "When Screen turns Off" and I'm still having the same issue. It's got to be something else.

Guest liamdunn

argh wanted to try RLS3b to see if their was any change in battery drainage to confirm or dismiss myself what you guys have been sayin cos im on RLS3 and everything seems fine, except for mediafire.....its being a bitch and keeps re-processing my download :unsure:

hang on a minute when did Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS3b.zip come out? :unsure:

I have RLS3.

How do I update to this ROM please? I currently have RSL3 and overclock and Frankish theme. I have just downlonloaded installed and paid for switch pro. If I reflash will I have to install all my widgets and themese again?

Thanks

Guest dmxpowa
I changed mine to "When Screen turns Off" and I'm still having the same issue. It's got to be something else.

well as far as i can tell its nothing related to your wifi settings, mine is on "Never" (sleep) tho my phone goes to sleep after getting rid of 70% of content in /system/app/. just delete the junk before flashing.

i can make a list later today of apps which i have deleted if someone is concerned, but im pretty sure some of those apps are not letting your phone to sleep, which is the cause of the battery drain.

Edited by dmxpowa

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

My problem seems to be cell standby. Its high were I never noticed it to be high before. But does it mean battery drained by the cell radio being off... or it having been snooping during standby ... or something else entirely?

Guest Arr Too

Was there a suspicion that the modified FM app might still be "on" if you didn't turn it off? Can anyone with poor battery life confirm if they haven't used this app at all?

Guest liamdunn

Could it be the blade wifi fix that most of you have installed? does that in someway keep the wifi process active, dont know too much about the app as i've never needed it

Guest kallt_kaffe
Could it be the blade wifi fix that most of you have installed? does that in someway keep the wifi process active, dont know too much about the app as i've never needed it
I've never used the Blade Wifi Fix with Android 2.2.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Why will no one tell me how to install the Overclock?

Please tell me.

Install the overclock in the same way you installed the ROM. Just remember to NOT wipe after installing.

Guest 90180360
Can anyone confirm if they have had the refuse-to-sleep problem with RLS3b?

I can confirm that I DO NOT have it.

Left the phone sleeping over night, battery is still fully charged.

Also I have no problem with the wifi and no fix for it installed.

No over-clocking.

Edited by 90180360

Guest krasenk

I installed the RLS3b today. Very fast ROM so far, but needed to remove a lot of apps from /system/app. It will be great if the next release includes a version without any additional apps preinstalled, just the stock Android ones... Though great job of the dev, keep up the good work.

Edited by krasenk

Can anyone confirm if they have had the refuse-to-sleep problem with RLS3b?

yes i did, it could go for half an hour and still activate by any front button. once in a blue moon it would go to standby, within 2 hours 25% battery was gone. it had to go :unsure:

tft model fyi. b08 out the box.

Guest Budgieboy
Install the overclock in the same way you installed the ROM. Just remember to NOT wipe after installing.

Did the first time and again, both times the benchmark are the same as before, why isn't it going faster? Or if that benchmark fake by OP.