[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest dneill2006
What is your "Home screen > Menu > Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi settings > Menu > Advanced > Wi-Fi sleep policy" set to?

Sounds like you need to set yours to "Never" rather than "When screen turns off" (which is the default).

WARNING: Setting Wif-Fi to never sleep can seriously eat through your battery charge!!! You have been warned :unsure:

It is set to never but still have the problem.

Just tried this rom and so far so good.

Without bus overclock i scored 950ish in Quadrant

With bus overclock i scored 1027 :unsure:

By the way, I always see this talk that you have to get the paid version of Quadrant to get the best scores because the standard version needs internet connection to get results. What is that about? I have Quadrant Standard, turned phone into airplane mode, ran the test and when it's finished i just get out of airplane mode before sending my results and my score turned out at 1027. Is it something i miss here? Any other features in the paid version that affects the result?

Guest krongs
It is set to never but still have the problem.

Me too. The only real complaint I have. I think I remember it happening on Paul's alpha3 as well but I may be wrong...

Guest SWOriginal

Don't know if anyone's noticed but, 2point rotation works in maps with this rom... not sure if this is a result of an updated maps app but it certainly didn't work with Paul's

Guest cartierv
Don't know if anyone's noticed but, 2point rotation works in maps with this rom... not sure if this is a result of an updated maps app but it certainly didn't work with Paul's

Do you mean rotate gesture ? that's interesting.

Guest wahyan

It seems that when you switch your phone into vibrate mode, the physical volume button for controlling media volume will eventually disable while playing youtube app for use after one day.

Guest -= 71baker =-

All this talk about Quadrant. Seriously don't put too much thought into it. If you look at the graph it says this rom is way faster than for instance a SE X10i. Newsflash: it is not faster than an X10i.

I am pretty sure it is not faster than a Galaxy S either. I have no idea why Quadrant thinks this but it sure isn't. I suggest you only use Quadrant as some have suggested , to see if oc worked , then be rid of it.

Guest kallt_kaffe

It's an added line in one of the permissions files that tells Maps that we support it. I can't remember right now who suggested it but it's somewhere in this thread. There's a good reason why it was disabled on our phones because dualtouch on our phones is a bit buggy when you start moving your fingers. But sure, it works, sort of...

Guest dmxpowa
i would be highly interested in such a list

AdfreeAndroid.apk

AlarmClock.apk

AstroFileManager.apk

AstroFileManagerBluetooth.apk

CarHomeGoogle.apk

CarHomeLauncher.apk

ColorNote.apk

Compass.apk

Facebook.apk

FlashLight.apk

FMRadio.apk

FMRadio2.apk

GenieWidget.apk

GestureSearch.apk

GlobalTime.apk

GoogleGoggles.apk

GoogleListen.apk

GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk

GoogleReader.apk

GoogleSkyMap.apk

GoogleTranslate.apk

GoogleVoice.apk

GpsStatus.apk

GpsTest.apk

LauncherPro.apk

Linpack.apk

LiveWallpapers.apk

LiveWallpapersPicker.apk

MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk

MultitouchVisualizer2.apk

Neocore.apk

PassionQuickOffice.apk

Protips.apk

QuadrantStandard.apk

SoundRecorder.apk

SpareParts.apk

Stk.apk

StopWatchAndTimer.apk

TasKiller.apk

TitaniumBackup.apk

Twitter.apk

VisualizationWallpapers.apk

VoiceSearch.apk

WeatherWidgets.apk

WheresMyDroid.apk

Youtube.apk

here it is, the list of apps you can safely delete

Guest fox2000

Really really good ROM, great work!!! B)

I got just one problem so far (RLS3b): upon startup, I get a "connection cannot be made" error, with only an OK button to confirm and close the popup. Maybe it's due to the fact that I don't have the 3G data connection to start automatically (got only 50MB/day, sadly :o). The ROM is clean, I didn't remove any bundled app... do you know which app is causing that? :unsure:

And as far as OC is concerned, now that I flashed the rom, do I only have to apply the overclocking zip via Clockwork? In case I'd decide to change ROM, have I to revert back from the overclock or doing anything else overclocking-related, or simply forget it and flash as usual?

many many thanks again and have a god year @all :angry:

Edited by fox2000

Guest KasioPC
Really really good ROM, great work!!! B)

I got just one problem so far (RLS3b): upon startup, I get a "connection cannot be made" error, with only an OK button to confirm and close the popup. Maybe it's due to the fact that I don't have the 3G data connection to start automatically (got only 50MB/day, sadly :o). The ROM is clean, I didn't remove any bundled app... do you know which app is causing that? :unsure:

And as far as OC is concerned, now that I flashed the rom, do I only have to apply the overclocking zip via Clockwork? In case I'd decide to change ROM, have I to revert back from the overclock or doing anything else overclocking-related, or simply forget it and flash as usual?

many many thanks again and have a god year @all :angry:

Ditto the "Connection cannot be made". It pops up occasionally, sometimes with multiple occurrences and I have to OK eahc of them to get back to operation

Guest fox2000

Just fixed the "Connection cannot be made" by selecting the right APN, which I hadn't done before. Even with the 3G data off, it doesn't seem to show anymore at boot time :unsure:

Now I only wonder why the APN list does show the correct 3 APNs which I expect, but as I tap on any choice to view the APN settings (Name, Proxy, Port, User, Pass, and so on) it only displays many asterisks ***** in each field O_o

Edited by fox2000

Guest kallt_kaffe

Here's something for those who have followed the partition-size-changing-thread and understands what it does.

• Download this and extract to the root of the SD-card (keeping it in the "image" folder): http://www.mediafire.com/?a0vaj9j6ca5ci3o
  • Download this slimmed prelease of JJ RLS4 and put it on the SD-card: http://www.mediafire.com/?t3m427ns34xbw54
  • Power on the phone while holding down "menu" and "volume-up". Release when you see green text about installing strange files.
  • When it's done it will reboot into recovery. Install the slimmed RLS4 RC1.
  • Reboot and you will have a very slimmed down Jellyfish installed on a 128Mb /system partition and a 286Mb data partition.
  • It's a very slim install but everything removed should be possible to find in Market. For the Google Apps that is missing, search for Google Maps or Gmail and then show all apps from that publisher and pick the ones you want.

• Installs the Hungarian 512Mb fix (various firmware files) (We don't need to fix but it allows us to change the partition sizes.)
    • Installs Clockwork recovery both as recovery and as boot.img
    • Change partition sizes for /system and /data (and clears the partitions)
    • Reboots into recovery (because boot.img at this point also Clockwork recovery)
    • When you install JJ RLS4 RC1 it reflashes boot.img with a real boot img but clockwork remains on the recovery partition for future installs/updates.
    • To restore original partition sizes redo the procedure with this "image" folder: http://www.mediafire.com/?xtckadj09b7sxt2

THIS SHOULD ONLY BE DONE IF YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU DO AND UNDERSTANDS THE RISKS! Works fine for me but I cannot guarantee that it works for everyone

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest insitu

just installed the rom... running nicer than 2.1 i must say.

i have searched but can't find a solution to 2 issues i have though (not sure if they're froyo issues, or just for this rom though):-

1. Operator Name is wrong (says Telefonica O2 UK, instead of Tesco). Extracted the eri.xml file from framework-res.apk but no luck in finding the relevant section. Is there a simple fix i can do to correct this???

2. The volume up and down buttons default to controlling media volume, whereas in 2.1 they defaulted to ringer volume. Any way to change this back?

Apologies if these are stupid questions.

insitu.

Edited by insitu

Guest jlgmax

Since flashing RLS3b when I connect my USB cable nothing happens, I used to be prompted to "enable USB mounting" or somthing along those lines - which would then allow me to browse my SD card on my computer.

Any idea where to re-enable this prompt ? Ive had a look through settings menu but cant seem to see the option anywhere ?

Guest rxexdxbxaxnxd
just installed the rom... running nicer than 2.1 i must say.

i have searched but can't find a solution to 2 issues i have though (not sure if they're froyo issues, or just for this rom though):-

1. Operator Name is wrong (says Telefonica O2 UK, instead of Tesco). Extracted the eri.xml file from framework-res.apk but no luck in finding the relevant section. Is there a simple fix i can do to correct this???

2. The volume up and down buttons default to controlling media volume, whereas in 2.1 they defaulted to ringer volume. Any way to change this back?

Apologies if these are stupid questions.

insitu.

Kind of simple fix, but more of a hard-code hack and it is already mentioned in this thread. HexEdit libril-qc-1.so, search and replace the string with whatever you prefer, followed by Nulls (0x00) to overwrite the rest of the space (size of binary must not change)

Whatever you change it to will show up when you insert a GIffGaff, Tesco or any other O2 based SIM ;-)

I'm sure the old 2.1 ROMs were able to work this out for themselves...

Guest jimbobvfr400
Since flashing RLS3b when I connect my USB cable nothing happens, I used to be prompted to "enable USB mounting" or somthing along those lines - which would then allow me to browse my SD card on my computer.

Any idea where to re-enable this prompt ? Ive had a look through settings menu but cant seem to see the option anywhere ?

Drag down the notification bar at the top and press on the "USB connected" option to turn it on.

Guest aristarhos

A couple of questions for Jellyfish.

I had 2.1 WIND stock ROM and flashed JJ R3b.

1. In 2.1, when the USB cable was connected to a PC, in the phone setting you could choose if you wanted to enable the charging of the phone via USB.

In JJ R3 this feature is gone by mistake? Or is it official Froyo that removed it?

2. A specific .aac ringtone (attached) doesn't play in JJ whilst it was playing fine with stock ROM.

Overall, a great ROM.

Peal.rar

Edited by aristarhos

Guest tanivula

Awesome ROM without a doubt however I've noticed 1 issue for me since going from RSL2 to 3B - SIP speaker problems! Sipdroid was working great with 2 but 3b has reverted the great speaker phone issue. Wonder what changes would have caused this?

Anyone recommended a SIP client that works? Really looking forward to 2.3 and integration of it!

Guest rayraven
RLS4 in first post.

Any chance of an ext4 froyo? Now that we can alter partitions, surely we can change the format?

The Galaxy S series of phones all have custom roms with ext4 and now even 2.3 uses ext4.

Supposed to give very good improvements for all IO ops.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Any chance of an ext4 froyo? Now that we can alter partitions, surely we can change the format?

The Galaxy S series of phones all have custom roms with ext4 and now even 2.3 uses ext4.

Supposed to give very good improvements for all IO ops.

Well, at least for Froyo this cannot happen until we have the kernel source. No EXT4 compiled into the kernel at the moment.