[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe
Can this be installed without a wipe?

Yes, if you are upgradering from a previous version.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe
Awesome ROM without a doubt however I've noticed 1 issue for me since going from RSL2 to 3B - SIP speaker problems! Sipdroid was working great with 2 but 3b has reverted the great speaker phone issue. Wonder what changes would have caused this?

Anyone recommended a SIP client that works? Really looking forward to 2.3 and integration of it!

Try adding the attached libs to /system/lib. They were removed in RLS3b to fix some MP3 playback problems. Try one at a time and let me know which one fixes the Sipdroid problem.

omxlibs.zip

Guest kallt_kaffe
really needs excessive battery usage adding to known issues tbh.

Actually the real problem is that under some, yet unknown, circumstances it doesn't go into sleep. When this does not happen then the battery usage is normal. Perhaps a little bit higher with AHB overclocking but nothing extreme. But, yes the not-going-to-sleep issue will be added to the list.

Guest tard88

Hello,

many thanks for the rom, it's nearly perfect.

My only problem is, that air control lite keeps crashing with it.

I just migrated to RLS4 but still this problem occurs.

Is here somebody else with the same problem?

Hi, I've been using this ROM for almost a week and it's the best ROM I've tried so far on my Blade.

I think kallt_kaffe should continue the great work he's done so far and he needs our help to do that.

I sincerely think that benchmark scores at this stage are a waste of time. We already saw that this ROM is fast. 800, 900, 1000... whatever... it's faster than the stock ROM! Stop with the benchmarks please... What's the point on having a 1001 score if there are still problems that 20$/20€ Nokias don't have?!

The problems I've noticed so far:

- Music app doesn't detect my MP3 (any of them).

- Gallery app only sees the photos i've taken with this phone (in previous roms)

- Videos app only sees the videos i've taken with this phone (in previous roms)

- "Compose new message" screen doesn't allow me to add recepients from the list

- Battery issue. I've set my phone's WiFi to "sleep when screen turns off" and my "Account Settings" to don't allow "Background data" or "Auto Sync" and I can still PING my phone's IP after I switch the screen off.

All these errors happen with RLS2, RLS3 and RLS3b. I've made a full wipe between them. Let's see now with RLS4.

BTW, I own a TFT model.

kallt_kaffe can you reproduce any of these errors? Is there any way to enable logging?

Edited by pxpto

Guest tanivula
Try adding the attached libs to /system/lib. They were removed in RLS3b to fix some MP3 playback problems. Try one at a time and let me know which one fixes the Sipdroid problem.

Cool, will do. Can you give me a quick heads up about how please? What comes to mind is dloading the ROM then adding then clockwork it. However there must be a simpler way? :unsure:

Thanks!

Guest fox2000
And as far as OC is concerned, now that I flashed the rom, do I only have to apply the overclocking zip via Clockwork? In case I'd decide to change ROM, have I to revert back from the overclock or doing anything else overclocking-related, or simply forget it and flash as usual?

Any clue? I currently have the super-slim version for 128mb partition.

Differences between super-slim and lite affect only the number of pre-installed apps? Or any fix to core components has been applied in the meantime?

ty :unsure:

Guest kallt_kaffe
Cool, will do. Can you give me a quick heads up about how please? What comes to mind is dloading the ROM then adding then clockwork it. However there must be a simpler way? :unsure:

Thanks!

Just drop them into /system/lib in the Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS4.zip and reinstall.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Filer/Astro is missing in RLS4 Lite

Also Gmail, Maps and lots of other apps are missing. That's the point with the Lite release. Install what you want from market.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Any clue? I currently have the super-slim version for 128mb partition.

Flash the overclocked kernel anytime after installing the "main" ROM. To get back to non-overclocked-AHB, just reinstall the "main" ROM again.

Differences between super-slim and lite affect only the number of pre-installed apps? Or any fix to core components has been applied in the meantime?

The slim version just have a lot less apps installed. Even Google applications like Maps and Gmail has been removed as you can get them from Market. Search for any Google app in Market and then choose to show all apps from that suppiler and go through the list and install the ones you want. Everything I removed can be found in Market (except from the Weather flipclock).

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest yeawhatever

Just gone onto this from Pauls alpha3 and so far so goood....except one major issue...the Battery life is soooooooo bad.

I have been doing a bit of surfing this morning and it is now at 50% after about 5 hours.

I have set the wifi sleep policy to screen off, and turned off pretty much everything I can think off......

Does anyone know of any issues in this rom or any programs that I should avoid. I know turn to mute was massive issue before but this must have bene fixed.

I installed the fat version and then uninstalled most of stuff i didnt want. I have noticed that clock is missing. Is this available as a Gapp?

Guest kallt_kaffe

How to make your own "Splash"-logo (which with RLS4 stays until bootanimation starts)

• Download & install Gimp
  • Start Gimp.
  • Create a new image with the size 480x800
  • Draw something or just write something like "This phone belongs to..."
  • When done, flip (not rotate) the picture horisontally.
  • Save as .bmp and expand "Advanced settings"
  • Choose the 16bit format R5 G6 B5
  • Verify that the size of the file is 768070 bytes.
  • Put the phone into bootloader mode (just like when you installed Clockwork recovery)
  • Flash the new splash with: fastboot flash splash mynewsplash.bmp
  • Reboot the phone with: fastboot reboot

I recommend doing a splash that goes informs who owns the phone and some contact information to the owner.

Guest Ashenfall

Hi,

I'm having the problem with the proximity sensor / screen being blank, and a fix involving calibrating it using the ZTE codes appears to have success for people, e.g. here:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/324...12-22/page/560/

Problem is, this ROM doesn't work with the service codes, nothing happens. I did try adb pushing on ChiperTest.apk - but couldn't get it to come up.

Thanks for any help :unsure:

I have a small question regarding this partition layout thing. I have not done anything does this mean by default I have only 150MB internal memory?

Or is it possible to gain more of the locked parts?

Guest rwalton159

Ran this rom for a while and found Copilot 8 would not work. So I have reverted back to my 2.1 with apps and copilot.

I would say the rom is very smooth and I had no issues with it apart from that mentioned above.

Guest Buchtis

Downloaded the 'Lite' version and so far i've only had to remove:

* CarHomeGoogle.apk

* CarHomeLauncher.apk

* Email.apk

* Fmradio.apk

* Fmradio2.apk

* Spareparts.apk

* Superuser.apk

* Talk.apk

* Taskmanager.apk

Installing as we speak with the RS4 overclock too, will post back on how it runs.

Also changed the VM Heap from 24M to 48M.