[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest leungykn

Hello,

I've Tried RLS4 version firmware,but i've tried to run with quadrant standard,but it's result only had 447 marks......even with ahb overclocked edition...

Please Help....

Downloaded the 'Lite' version and so far i've only had to remove:

* CarHomeGoogle.apk

* CarHomeLauncher.apk

* Email.apk

* Fmradio.apk

* Fmradio2.apk

* Spareparts.apk

* Superuser.apk

* Talk.apk

* Taskmanager.apk

Installing as we speak with the RS4 overclock too, will post back on how it runs.

Also changed the VM Heap from 24M to 48M.

Why remove SuperUser.apk? Surely this would remove the ability to gain root access?

Will be fixed in next version.

I thought this was a "feature" of the 2.2 MMS.apk and was just the way it was?

Hello,

I've Tried RLS4 version firmware,but i've tried to run with quadrant standard,but it's result only had 447 marks......even with ahb overclocked edition...

Please Help....

Read the first post, Stagefright is turned off as it boosts the quadrant scores showing them to be a lot higher than they are, even though the phone is no faster, without these you should expect to hit between 400 to 500.

Guest Skywrit3r

Installed RLS4-lite about an hour ago and had my first screen freeze ever. I had reinstalled the google apps and rebooted the phone and then left it untouched for about 30 minutes. I came from RLS2-lite without wipe. I got a OSF with oled.

I got a log from when I try to unlock it. I restarted with adb reboot and then I saved a log from when it starts as it should.

Freeze log

No freeze log

@Kallt_kaffe:

Thanks for all your hard work and for the Lite-version :unsure:

So Kallt, with the Stagefright options boosting the scores and not really giving any performance boost I think an overclocked Eclair rom would be quicker generally than 2.2 right?

Guest CHUMBLY
Hello,

Please Help....

Me too is anyone else getting this? Although I see no difference in function. Is quadrant misleading or have we halved the benchmark score in this rev

Guest AlphaVision
Me too is anyone else getting this? Although I see no difference in function. Is quadrant misleading or have we halved the benchmark score in this rev

Just read the first post or previous page. The original results were not real. Some stuff boosted them, but now the results are real. The performance is still the same, just quadrant results are now actual

Edited by AlphaVision

Guest iashraf

This is due to the fact that stagefright has been disabled in this release -- it was determined that it was giving a hoax quadrant score with no real benefit to the system.

It's detailed in the first post of this thread. It turns out that we don't actually have fire breathing devices after all! :unsure:

Edit: beat by AlphaVision B)

Edited by iashraf

Guest fox2000
Flash the overclocked kernel anytime after installing the "main" ROM. To get back to non-overclocked-AHB, just reinstall the "main" ROM again.

The slim version just have a lot less apps installed. Even Google applications like Maps and Gmail has been removed as you can get them from Market. Search for any Google app in Market and then choose to show all apps from that suppiler and go through the list and install the ones you want. Everything I removed can be found in Market (except from the Weather flipclock).

Thank you very much for your answer and your work, really :unsure:

Could you kindly tell us which .apk is the Weather flipclock? So that we can retrieve it from the standard release archive B)

Guest bebop68
Just tried this rom and so far so good.

Without bus overclock i scored 950ish in Quadrant

With bus overclock i scored 1027 :unsure:

By the way, I always see this talk that you have to get the paid version of Quadrant to get the best scores because the standard version needs internet connection to get results. What is that about? I have Quadrant Standard, turned phone into airplane mode, ran the test and when it's finished i just get out of airplane mode before sending my results and my score turned out at 1027. Is it something i miss here? Any other features in the paid version that affects the result?

Some things I noticed while reading this thread;

Please, please, please, Kalte, we really appreciate everything you do, but please put up MD5 hashes for your roms.

A guy was hosting a mirror of the previous versions 1-3. This is worth maintaining, but some of the lites were missing...

A good 10 people, including myself, have repeatedly asked how to install the AHB addon, and it's been answered multiple times, and it's bloating the thread. It's a question that's not covered in any of the general threads, so perhaps if the correct procedure was listed in the OP people wouldn't have to answer it any more.

I followed the method described above for quadrant results - and got the same score with and without the ahb. Does that mean the method above doesn't work and we really have to buy quadrant? It would probably be a good idea to mention that in the OP to avoid some of the undeservedly grumpy posts there've been.

Following on from this - yes benchmark results are of limited relevance, but I've been watching them on this thread being reported between ±450 and 1100, and with all the other weird, red herring errors that only one or two people are getting I'm beginning to think there's a wide variance in the reliability of the hardware coming out of the factories. I have an intermittant failure in the sdcard reader that went from sometimes to all the time over the space of a week. (I'm taking mine back when the shop has stock).

There are several versions of clockworkmod about. Some recommendation on which is deemed most reliable might put peoples minds at rest if they're having weird problems.

Could someone dump the recovery partition before putting clockworkmod over the top? It would be useful for people who are in the unenviable position of needed to return their hardware. Alternatively - I will do this - I haven't looked at fastboot-mac /? yet but I'm assuming there's a dump command in there somewhere or another method?

Finally - is anyone familiar with a mac zip application that doesn't bugger up the zips when you add or remove apks?

Thanks for reading.

[EDIT] - you might also want to put a note in the OP regarding the lack of flash 10.1 for Arm6 chips...

Edited by bebop68

Guest rapidone
I followed the method described above for quadrant results - and got the same score with and without the ahb. Does that mean the method above doesn't work and we really have to buy quadrant? It would probably be a good idea to mention that in the OP to avoid some of the undeservedly grumpy posts there've been.

Following on from this - yes benchmark results are of limited relevance, but I've been watching them on this thread being reported between ±450 and 1100, and with all the other weird, red herring errors that only one or two people are getting I'm beginning to think there's a wide variance in the reliability of the hardware coming out of the factories. I have an intermittant failure in the sdcard reader that went from sometimes to all the time over the space of a week. (I'm taking mine back when the shop has stock).

Who cares about the quadrant score. Who is quadrant? :unsure:

More important is the real performance of the phone...

And the 50% quadrant score doesn't have to do with ahb modifications:

"Turned off Stagefright. Stagefright are a new set of media decoders in 2.2 but they are broken in our release which is why it doubles the Quadrant Scores. It doesn't make the phone faster, just the benchmarks and it's just a illusion."

Guest David Horvath

Hey Guys,

I heard the wifi sleep problem is fixed. Is this confirmed? I want to have wifi turned on all the time, no matter if the screen is sleeping or not.

Thanks!

Guest fox2000

Do you think it is reliable now?

Config: OLED SF w/ 512MB RAM, Quadrant free version with RLS4 super-slim overclocked, partition layout changed, ClockworkMod 2.5.1.8

Edited by fox2000

Guest bebop68
Is it reliable now?

Config: Quadrant free version with RLS4 super-slim overclocked. Clockwork 2.5.1.8

Yes, things have moved on since I started formulating my post. What I was hoping to highlight was the huge variance in hardware indicated by variant scores and people's weird random problems. It remains to be seen if the variance in scores is much tighter now stagefright is turned off. I'm interested to see what people report.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Thank you very much for your answer and your work, really :unsure:

Could you kindly tell us which .apk is the Weather flipclock? So that we can retrieve it from the standard release archive B)

WeatherWidget.apk.

Guest kallt_kaffe
So Kallt, with the Stagefright options boosting the scores and not really giving any performance boost I think an overclocked Eclair rom would be quicker generally than 2.2 right?

Hard to say, I guess it depends on what you do.

Guest CHUMBLY
Yes, things have moved on since I started formulating my post. What I was hoping to highlight was the huge variance in hardware indicated by variant scores and people's weird random problems. It remains to be seen if the variance in scores is much tighter now stagefright is turned off. I'm interested to see what people report.

483 here with rs4 and oc on tft

Hard to say, I guess it depends on what you do.

True, I think I may go back to 2.1 with your OC Kernel as I was constantly hitting over 500 in Quadrant with that and LauncherPro seemed a lot smoother running as well.

Guest Frankish

Well i thought it was the JIT that makes Froyo roms quicker? So ignoring benchmarks if it feels better on Froyo maybe it just IS better.