[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest sumdumguy
Dialer is quite normal to be hight : but how hight is it?

Is 15 minutes enough for sleep mode to kick in ?

There's no percentage mark on the partial wake usage screen, but the blue bar is only about 10% of it's length for 'dialer' and 'android system' showing about 1 or 2% and 'UID10031' showing up but nothing visible on the bar 0.x% maybe?. .Just those 3 entries show up.

Guest tanivula
Try adding the attached libs to /system/lib. They were removed in RLS3b to fix some MP3 playback problems. Try one at a time and let me know which one fixes the Sipdroid problem.

Righto.... I installed RLS3b 3 times (1 with both files too) - always wiped cache and factory reset - results with SIPDROID as follows:

RLS3b with libOmxAacDec: sound from loudspeaker

RLS3b with libOmxMp3Dec: sound from loudspeaker

RLS3b with both files: sound from loudspeaker!!!

sigh, so seems like something else is causing this. Think I'm going to miss the nexus boot animation when RLS4 gets put on!!

Before tried these tests I gave Fring a shot on this (RLS3b + overclock + galaxy theme) and while making a sip call everything worked out fine so will stick with that for now.

Guest null_815

Hi,

can someone explain the difference between the two versions Bloated and LITE in RLS4??

What is included in BLOATED ?

What is included /removed in LITE ?

@KALLT_KAFFE

Please can you update your first post with the neccessary informations ??

Thanks in advance

Null_815

Hi!

I'm using this rom from the beginning, and I'm very satisfied with it.

Normally when I'm using a rom, I can do a wipe in CWM to get back to a clear system, without a zip update.

But when I'm using a custom skin made for this rom, after the wipe, the device cannot boot.

Even I cannot boot, when I try to put this skin into the update zip.

So my question is, how could I include a custom skin into the update zip, just overwriting the files is not working.

Guest AlphaVision
Hi!

I'm using this rom from the beginning, and I'm very satisfied with it.

Normally when I'm using a rom, I can do a wipe in CWM to get back to a clear system, without a zip update.

But when I'm using a custom skin made for this rom, after the wipe, the device cannot boot.

Even I cannot boot, when I try to put this skin into the update zip.

So my question is, how could I include a custom skin into the update zip, just overwriting the files is not working.

You should put the ROM, than reboot 1,2 times, then install the theme. Generally between each time you use the CWM to put something you should reboot at least once (2 times to be safe). Don't try to make all at once because it won't work.

Guest rapidone

I updated from RLS3b to RLS 4 (Full) and i also installed the ahb-update.I did factory reset and clear cache.

Now I have the following problem. My Home-Button does not work properly anymore. The phone vibrates after key pressed, but the launcher soft doesn't react. In CW all is fine, so it's the software and not the button itself. What can I do?

EDIT: I reflashed RLS4. Now the button works again ... weird.

Edited by rapidone

Guest cubegame

I upgraded to this ROM (lite) yesterday and it all seemed fine and was finding it superfast.

However, this morning I now notice that gmail sync doesn't work (you have to do it manually) and the email program (which picks up my work exchange account) crashes on launching.

Anyone else seen these issues?

Edited by cubegame

Guest samjam
I'm getting a force close on Messaging. Had battery out and restarted but nothing. going to do another wipe and install, just wondering if anyone having similar problem?

I've had quite a few messaging FC's with Paul's froyo, but none since alpha 5 I think.

Guest leszekpap

guys....i`m planning to install this rom on standard osf

the partitions on card are standard ....do I need to change partitions to ext3 or something ? if yes -then how ? :unsure:

Guest dmxpowa
I updated from RLS3b to RLS 4 (Full) and i also installed the ahb-update.I did factory reset and clear cache.

Now I have the following problem. My Home-Button does not work properly anymore. The phone vibrates after key pressed, but the launcher soft doesn't react. In CW all is fine, so it's the software and not the button itself. What can I do?

EDIT: I reflashed RLS4. Now the button works again ... weird.

i had the same issue after crippling down the RLS3 and deleted too much junk i didnt wanted, or atleast thought its not relevant to device to operate correctly.

Edited by dmxpowa

Guest buntoid

Can someone clarify if this rom's App2SD is really Apps2fat or Apps2sdext please.

I have a 512 ext2 partition on my external SD but when I install an app and move it to the SD card the storage space is coming of the FAT partition rather than the EXT2 partition (according to Titanium Backup)

Is that right? :unsure:

Guest AlphaVision
Can someone clarify if this rom's App2SD is really Apps2fat or Apps2sdext please.

I have a 512 ext2 partition on my external SD but when I install an app and move it to the SD card the storage space is coming of the FAT partition rather than the EXT2 partition (according to Titanium Backup)

Is that right? :unsure:

Don't do that, mate!

The ROM supports APP2EXT. If you have ext partition it automatically links it to the phone so when you install an app it actually is installed on the ext part of the sd card. Moving it using the froyo standard app2sd option will do what it is supposed to do - move it to the fat portion of your SD B)

Edited by AlphaVision

Guest BArtNimal

just updated to rls4.

everything is fine, except for the market. cant access it anymore.

did clean market cache(cleaned all the cache in the end) but it still doesnt do anything. only tried via 3g; browser and all the other apps that use an internet connection still work properly.

anyone else having this problem?

Guest Simon O
just updated to rls4.

everything is fine, except for the market. cant access it anymore.

did clean market cache(cleaned all the cache in the end) but it still doesnt do anything. only tried via 3g; browser and all the other apps that use an internet connection still work properly.

anyone else having this problem?

Tried rebooting your phone?

One person is reporting this issue on my ROM too.. and I dont use the Japanese base. Anyone else getting the same issue?

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Uncle_Meat

RLS4 runs great on my device, but still the same optimistic signal strength reporting that I found with the earlier releases and the softened 2.2, so I can only imagine this is a (albeit slight) problem with the 2.2 ROMS used.

To recap. Just recovered back to 2.1, and sat upon my PC case, the signal is being reported as 2 bars, roughly the same as my Nokia 6700 sat next to the SF, both on the same network. With 2.2, the signal is reported as being full.

If I put my handset on the floor, 2.1 will drop down to none or just 1 bar, but still with coverage, but if I then hold my hand over it, it will drop coverage and show the "no bars with X" no coverage symbol. Approximately the same as the Nokia.

On 2.2, it will still show full signal when on the floor, and when I cover the handset with my hand, it'll still show full signal, briefly drop to 2 bars and then immediately go to no coverage. Waving the handset around it'll go back to full signal, only ever showing anything less when it is about to drop connection altogether.

This is quite awkward for me as I live in an area where coverage is dodgy to say the least and here where I live, as well as in work, careful placement of the handset is quite important if you want to stay in coverage, and using the signal indicator for best reception is the way to do it. Obviously, this does not work with 2.2.

Time to do some delving and Googling methinks! Find whereabouts in the software that Android makes the relation between signal strength reported by the hardware in relation to how it displays it to the user.

Guest BArtNimal
Tried rebooting your phone?

One person is reporting this issue on my ROM too.. and I dont use the Japanese base. Anyone else getting the same issue?

yeah.

in the end i reset the internet connections (giffgaff apn app) and it worked straight away.

bit weird, as everything else was connecting just fine.

Guest Simon O
yeah.

in the end i reset the internet connections (giffgaff apn app) and it worked straight away.

bit weird, as everything else was connecting just fine.

Interesting.. so you're on Giff Gaff? Lew247 was having issues too with FLB-Froyo and he's on GiffGaff. Oh well glad it's sorted.

Guest wadgel
RLS4 runs great on my device, but still the same optimistic signal strength reporting that I found with the earlier releases and the softened 2.2, so I can only imagine this is a (albeit slight) problem with the 2.2 ROMS used.

To recap. Just recovered back to 2.1, and sat upon my PC case, the signal is being reported as 2 bars, roughly the same as my Nokia 6700 sat next to the SF, both on the same network. With 2.2, the signal is reported as being full.

If I put my handset on the floor, 2.1 will drop down to none or just 1 bar, but still with coverage, but if I then hold my hand over it, it will drop coverage and show the "no bars with X" no coverage symbol. Approximately the same as the Nokia.

On 2.2, it will still show full signal when on the floor, and when I cover the handset with my hand, it'll still show full signal, briefly drop to 2 bars and then immediately go to no coverage. Waving the handset around it'll go back to full signal, only ever showing anything less when it is about to drop connection altogether.

This is quite awkward for me as I live in an area where coverage is dodgy to say the least and here where I live, as well as in work, careful placement of the handset is quite important if you want to stay in coverage, and using the signal indicator for best reception is the way to do it. Obviously, this does not work with 2.2.

Time to do some delving and Googling methinks! Find whereabouts in the software that Android makes the relation between signal strength reported by the hardware in relation to how it displays it to the user.

I get the same 'optimistic' signal strength on RLS3b (haven't tried RLS4 yet).

I installed 'Phono' which shows actual signal strength in a widget, it seems the status bars show either 4 bars if there is any signal, or none - seems to be working in binary :unsure:

Guest MroziQ

On RLS4 is there of some kind benchmark app that will be memorial? Quadrant score is a half of RLS3's score, it's because of broken Stagefright. NenaMark1 shows 16,6fps but IMO it's wrong too as I can see this smooth animations.

And what about crashes during playing? When I play in high maintenance game like Asphalt5 system crashes and is rebooting.

Or is there a chance to fix that Stagefright? On RLS3 it was working fine as I can see.

Edited by MroziQ

Guest Uncle_Meat
I get the same 'optimistic' signal strength on RLS3b (haven't tried RLS4 yet).

I installed 'Phono' which shows actual signal strength in a widget, it seems the status bars show either 4 bars if there is any signal, or none - seems to be working in binary :unsure:

Cool! I was just looking at an app called "Real Signal" which you can calibrate yourself to a 5-bar scale.

I'm going to install it first to my 2.1, calibrate it so it matches the inbuilt indicator and then restore my 2.2 and setup Real Signal with my 2.1 calibration data and see how things pan out. As you find though, it's either full or nothing albeit with a brief drop to 2-bars occasionally before dropping altogether.

Still unable to find where exactly the status table is in 2.2 itself though. I imagine that'll be something that can be tweaked for a more linear reading if the actual radio data is seemingly reported properly at a hardware level.