[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest rapidone

Congratulations nice work devs! I installed Jellyfish ROM today and everything works fine.

I got (non overclocked) a score of 926.

I have a small wish. Could you please add the K-9 Mail app instead of the standard one. It supports IMAP and PUSH!

Guest kallt_kaffe
^Dont know, didnt try it because your post says only works on 2.5.0.9 & 2.5.1.3

I just copied the text from my Finnish Fillyjonk post. Propably works fine with 2.5.1.8.

Guest oh!dougal
Perhaps a stupid question - How do I remove applications like APNdroid and AdFree after installing the ROM?

The uninstall button is greyed out in Manage Applications.

... because they are installed in /system - using space that would otherwise be wasted.

Open the zip file with WinRAR, 7-zip or similar app and remove the apps in /system/app that you do not want. Then reinstall without wiping data.

Honestly, the easiest thing to do is to use Astro (on the phone) to delete what you don't want from the rom-zip (on the sdcard) --- and then reflash the modified rom-zip.

Astro opens zips just like they were ordinary folders!

But, anyway, its not going to free up space on /data because they aren't installed there.

In an unrelated note the O2 network is showing up as Telefonica O2 UK Limited.

Yes and 3 shows up as Hutchison 3 UK Ltd, or somesuch.

Its a quirk unlikely to be resolved until after ZTE release appropriate source ... live with it, its not doing any harm!

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest kallt_kaffe
Oh shi-

Still getting screen freezes. I was hoping this release to differ so much from Pauls that I wouldn't have freezes anymore :<

I believe all Froyo ROMs currently uses the leaked V880 beta kernel so until we get a new kernel that works on our Blades (or the kernel source so we can make our own) this will happen.

Guest jurrasstoil

atm i'm using your fillyjonk rls4 and quite happy with it.

glad to see you working on a 2.2 rom :(

(will switch once the screenfreeze issues are solved)

Edited by jurrasstoil

Guest StevenHarperUK
Oh shi-

Still getting screen freezes. I was hoping this release to differ so much from Pauls that I wouldn't have freezes anymore :<

Did you wipe?

The score of 400 can be doubled and more just by enabling stagefright in the build.prop.

955 on Seb's with stagefright and hw ui enabled. Smooth and Clean.

I'm looking forward to trying this and seeing the effects of the ahb overclocking!

Guest UbaRolfey

wow, this rom is amazing, so far I've used the overclocking mod with it, and on my 3rd attempt I got a quadrant score of 1122, this is pretty ureal with the hardware we have, I have tested the phone and that works fine, I'll try out neo as well. The overall performance increase really shows I think. brilliant that it how shows when you are on hsdpa connection as well :( I've upped the heap size to 48 as I find this really seems to help the UI experience, changed the memory setting within laucher pro to high, and made sure that caching was enabled.

Nice one! this really is the rom to have for now anyway. I'll try out a few games I think just to see how that goes.

Mike

Guest Frankish

@kallt Any chance of adding init.d support to this rom for running scripts? I'd do it myself but not sure what command line and base address to use to repackage it.

Guest superkryo
@kallt Any chance of adding init.d support to this rom for running scripts? I'd do it myself but not sure what command line and base address to use to repackage it.

Frankish, You can use dsixda kitchen to do this, it will decode the base address and command line (probably empty). I wouldn't mine do it for you but I don't have access to my linux box at the moment.

In the meantime, any chance you can update the gingerbread themes for this rom, esp. the one with dotted battery. I tried it but causes market to FC.

Guest daniel2k10

is it normal, that the overall menu performance is so much slower than the rls4 version from kalt_kaffe? I don't mean the 3d performance just in the user interface.. it really works slower for me.

Guest Frankish

I like to do things manually not heard of that kitchen before. I don't really want to update my themes until we have a new kernel with no lockscreen freeze. Seems pointless. These builds sure are newer but they still have freezes. Maybe if the FM Radio were fixed i may port them too :(

Guest deusum86
wow, this rom is amazing, so far I've used the overclocking mod with it, and on my 3rd attempt I got a quadrant score of 1122, this is pretty ureal with the hardware we have, I have tested the phone and that works fine, I'll try out neo as well. The overall performance increase really shows I think. brilliant that it how shows when you are on hsdpa connection as well :( I've upped the heap size to 48 as I find this really seems to help the UI experience, changed the memory setting within laucher pro to high, and made sure that caching was enabled.

Nice one! this really is the rom to have for now anyway. I'll try out a few games I think just to see how that goes.

Mike

Well I am impressed to and don't have any reason to change anything (except removing this unnecessary stuff from system/app and replace it wit my apps...;) however i would be thankful if you could tell me how to change heap size and what this changes.

Guest rayraven
I just copied the text from my Finnish Fillyjonk post. Propably works fine with 2.5.1.8.

Works fine on 2.5.1.8 as well.

Only problem i have with the rom is that every number i dial, i get a menu asking me to dial to japan or locally.

Its very annoying, would be great if you could fix it somehow.

Also, it's missing the google desk clock app.

P.S: Can someone tell me a method to change the boot animation that doesnt involve flashing a rom again?

The picture kallt_kaffe made is cute, but i dont really prefer jellyfish :(

Edited by rayraven

Guest rapidone

Only problem i have with the rom is that every number i dial, i get a menu asking me to dial to japan or locally.

I don't have that problem. Sure you changed all country settings?

Guest UbaRolfey
Well I am impressed to and don't have any reason to change anything (except removing this unnecessary stuff from system/app and replace it wit my apps...;) however i would be thankful if you could tell me how to change heap size and what this changes.

yeah it's easy peezy, all make sure you have adb installed, you'll have to find that on this forum if you don't already have it on your pc, then jump into a command line and navigate your way to the adb install dir, eg:

>cd \

>cd adb

then type,

>adb remount

>adb pull system/build.prop

then take a look in your adb install dir on your pc, you'll see that build.prop in there, open it with wordpad and look for the line dalvik.vm.heapsize=32m and change the 32 to 48, or whatever your going to try out,

save the file and then back at command line.

>adb remount

>adb push build.prop ./system/build.prop

you should see it upload to the phone. Reboot the phone, and that should be it!

And that's it for my tiny tutorial :(

Mike

Guest Phoenix Silver

Also, it's missing the google desk clock app.

P.S: Can someone tell me a method to change the boot animation that doesnt involve flashing a rom again?

The picture kallt_kaffe made is cute, but i dont really prefer jellyfish :(

just change the file /system/media/bootanimation.zip

Guest Phoenix Silver
yeah it's easy peezy, all make sure you have adb installed, you'll have to find that on this forum if you don't already have it on your pc, then jump into a command line and navigate your way to the adb install dir, eg:

>cd \

>cd adb

then type,

>adb remount

>adb pull system/build.prop

then take a look in your adb install dir on your pc, you'll see that build.prop in there, open it with wordpad and look for the line dalvik.vm.heapsize=32m and change the 32 to 48, or whatever your going to try out,

save the file and then back at command line.

>adb remount

>adb push build.prop ./system/build.prop

you should see it upload to the phone. Reboot the phone, and that should be it!

And that's it for my tiny tutorial :(

Mike

in paul's rom it's 32

i have replaced it with 48

seeing if this make a difference