[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest rayraven
On RLS4 is there of some kind benchmark app that will be memorial? Quadrant score is a half of RLS3's score, it's because of broken Stagefright. NenaMark1 shows 16,6fps but IMO it's wrong too as I can see this smooth animations.

And what about crashes during playing? When I play in high maintenance game like Asphalt5 system crashes and is rebooting.

Or is there a chance to fix that Stagefright? On RLS3 it was working fine as I can see.

Stagefright is broken on all android 2.2 installs.

It's fixed on 2.2.1 and the scores were just improved because of the broken stagefright on RLS3.

RLS4 rightly disabled it because people started comparing roms with benchmarks scores, which are pointless for day-to-day use.

Guest giopego

For me Jellyfish RLS4 is one of the best rom i tried, but it drain battery in too much short time when in use....I see the percent of the battery go down like a countdow...one percent each minute or less....and I haven't any particular app that use battery!

If you leave the phone in standby all works great.

Guest mobile579

Been using this ROM for a bit and I have the following problems (rel3b):

1. Network signal availability does not work correctly for me. When I was using Sebs Deoranged 2.1 I always had a signal. With this ROM it is forever losing the signal for no apparent reason. For me it is a WEAKER signal not a stronger signal.

2. I always seem to have a H and never an Edge or GPRS signal being displayed on my data connection. It is great it thinking H (I assume 3G+) is always available but I wonder if this is a contribution to the massive battery usage?

3. The phone uses up battery way too quickly. Probably twice as quick as the previous 2.1 ROM I was using. Sometimes as other people have posted it can be 1% per minute which is way quicker drain than my previous 2.1 ROM.

4. The phone appears to charge twice as quick. I am not sure but I am wondering if when it is saying 100% charge whether it is only 50% charged? I have tried the usual battery calibration but it makes no difference. I am wondering if something at a low level is not controlling the battery charging correctly.

I like this ROM and I am going stick with it for a bit longer to see if I can make it work for me. Also setting everything on the phone back how I want after a ROM install drives me mad.

Edited by mobile579

Guest ernemyr38

.. my thoughts.. are running RLS4 lite tested 3b before .. to me with Telia living in Helsingborg, everything works as it should, move to SD OK, sleep mode OK, no chills / Lockups OK, Battery time OK. (I had 2st total lockups with 2.1 Telia-rom). My thought that some have problems and others do not, I think that in some cases may be due to, among other things, wrong mix of bad / Beta / apps that could interfere with systems in the background. and with all that some apps can take control of and so on. + ZTE phones seems to have different sensitivety .. if a software works as it should correctly in example 5 days and another phone with the exact same software locks up, not go into sleep mode, etc. .. it has to be hardware or memory in the phone that not stable or diffrent. But of course, the better / safer / right software / drivers eventually will be, the better cope for unstable hardware without any problem .. my thoughts ..

Super Thanks! Kallt Kaffe for your outstanding work:)

Sincerely, / Janne ,,alias ernemyr38

:unsure:

Guest Prendy

Thanks for the rom, working great so far, although I have one problem. The browser seems to force close when I search straight from the text box at the top, its fine if I search from the google website though. Also, there is always a strong vibration when the phone turns off, is that normal?

Guest gusthy
Been using this ROM for a bit and I have the following problems (rel3b):

1. Network signal availability does not work correctly for me. When I was using Sebs Deoranged 2.1 I always had a signal. With this ROM it is forever losing the signal for no apparent reason. For me it is a WEAKER signal not a stronger signal.

2. I always seem to have a H and never an Edge or GPRS signal being displayed on my data connection. It is great it thinking H (I assume 3G+) is always available but I wonder if this is a contribution to the massive battery usage?

3. The phone uses up battery way too quickly. Probably twice as quick as the previous 2.1 ROM I was using. Sometimes as other people have posted it can be 1% per minute which is way quicker drain than my previous 2.1 ROM.

4. The phone appears to charge twice as quick. I am not sure but I am wondering if when it is saying 100% charge whether it is only 50% charged? I have tried the usual battery calibration but it makes no difference. I am wondering if something at a low level is not controlling the battery charging correctly.

I like this ROM and I am going stick with it for a bit longer to see if I can make it work for me. Also setting everything on the phone back how I want after a ROM install drives me mad.

This kind of problems occur when you flash a ROM when the phone is not fully charged.

Maybe you have to recalibrate battery. This is described here in the forum, but the steps are something like the following:

- Charge it fully with the phone turned on

- Disconnect charger, turn phone off

- Charge it as long as LED becomes green

- Disconnect charger, turn phone on

- Charge it fully

- Go to recovery

- Advanced->clear battery stats.

Guest rxexdxbxaxnxd
This kind of problems occur when you flash a ROM when the phone is not fully charged.

Maybe you have to recalibrate battery. This is described here in the forum, but the steps are something like the following:

- Charge it fully with the phone turned on

- Disconnect charger, turn phone off

- Charge it as long as LED becomes green

- Disconnect charger, turn phone on

- Charge it fully

- Go to recovery

- Advanced->clear battery stats.

I agree with recalibrating the battery, I had the opposite problem today... Battery showed as 100% for 5 hours after I unplugged it this morning, I was thinking it's not updating properly, but then when I looked again it was down to 98%

I've had it on 3G+ all day with regular syncs and the odd browse or map lookup and at the moment it says 81% after 12h30mins.

Guest mobile579

Thanks for the suggestion on the battery recalibration but as posted I had already tried it - it is not helping for me.

If anything putting a new ROM on has got me familiar with Titanium Backup so if I did install a different release I can probably get back up and running much quicker next time around.

Guest IronDoc

The battery calibration isn't good for Li-ion batteries in the long run iirc. They don't have memory so keeping topping it up to try and get as close to 100% as possible won't increase the life of the next charge. When the battery reaches 100% the charger stops and falsely reports it as 100 until it reaches a defined level say 90%) at which point it charges again. This is why you lose a lot of charge in the first few minutes and then it slows down.

Is it customary to name the roms after animals?

Japanese Jellyfish, Hungarian Hedgehog... Can we expect a Chinese Chimp soon?

As soon as Jap Samurai comes out I'll be sticking to that because it sounds awesome

Guest tanivula
Thanks for the rom, working great so far, although I have one problem. The browser seems to force close when I search straight from the text box at the top, its fine if I search from the google website though. Also, there is always a strong vibration when the phone turns off, is that normal?

I'm also getting the search FCs, I think the vibration on shutdown is normal.

Guest spam1986

Is anyone having trouble with contacts being dupicated in messaging contacts list?

The contacts only appear once in the contacts list but whenever I go to send a message their is two of every contact, I have no idea of how to get round this.

The contacts are saved only to the SIM, but appear twice in the messaging contacts.

Also am I right in thinking that the way you search for contacts wgen sending a new message has changed? When using 2.1 i'm sure I could touch in the "To" box then select from a list, rather than having to enter the first two letters of the recipients name.

Is there anyway of using the previous way of searching for contacts as I much prefer this.

Guest rxexdxbxaxnxd
I agree with recalibrating the battery, I had the opposite problem today... Battery showed as 100% for 5 hours after I unplugged it this morning, I was thinking it's not updating properly, but then when I looked again it was down to 98%

I've had it on 3G+ all day with regular syncs and the odd browse or map lookup and at the moment it says 81% after 12h30mins.

24h+ unplugged and still on 71%

3G+/H has been enabled the whole time.

Guest AlphaVision
Is anyone having trouble with contacts being dupicated in messaging contacts list?

The contacts only appear once in the contacts list but whenever I go to send a message their is two of every contact, I have no idea of how to get round this.

The contacts are saved only to the SIM, but appear twice in the messaging contacts.

Also am I right in thinking that the way you search for contacts wgen sending a new message has changed? When using 2.1 i'm sure I could touch in the "To" box then select from a list, rather than having to enter the first two letters of the recipients name.

Is there anyway of using the previous way of searching for contacts as I much prefer this.

When I open the new message window there is a text field for the recepient name and next to it to the right there is a person sihlouette icon. If I tap it I get the contact names with checkboxes next to them so I can select multiple recepients. Hope that helps

Guest slipperz69

I am currently on RLS2 and want to go to RLS4.....

Do i need to do a wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache or can I just update in clockwork?

I always do a backup in clockwork beforehand :unsure:

Slipperz B)

Guest panteraz

Hi! I am facing the two major problems:

1. Battery drains like hell! I was using Alpha4 and had no problem.

2. H always there and Full signal which is fake.

It is not usable. Returning to Alpha4 for now.

Guest rayraven
Cool! I was just looking at an app called "Real Signal" which you can calibrate yourself to a 5-bar scale.

I'm going to install it first to my 2.1, calibrate it so it matches the inbuilt indicator and then restore my 2.2 and setup Real Signal with my 2.1 calibration data and see how things pan out. As you find though, it's either full or nothing albeit with a brief drop to 2-bars occasionally before dropping altogether.

Still unable to find where exactly the status table is in 2.2 itself though. I imagine that'll be something that can be tweaked for a more linear reading if the actual radio data is seemingly reported properly at a hardware level.

I'm facing the signal issue too, also i noticed that the Settings>About Phone>Status menu doesnt contain signal strength, used to be available on FLB's froyo.

Also, didnt face it on his r3 either.

Guest css771

I'm running RLS3b and I'm not sure if I'm the only one facing this issue. GPS just does not work. I have to use ulysee gizmos to get Maps to get a lock on my position. It worked initially when I installed the rom but not anymore. I've removed GPS test and GPS status (The two apps that were bundled with the rom) through titanium backup; Not sure if affects gps performance though.