[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest AlphaVision
I'm running RLS3b and I'm not sure if I'm the only one facing this issue. GPS just does not work. I have to use ulysee gizmos to get Maps to get a lock on my position. It worked initially when I installed the rom but not anymore. I've removed GPS test and GPS status (The two apps that were bundled with the rom) through titanium backup; Not sure if affects gps performance though.

Same here. iGO works flawlesly on R2, but the google navigation doesn't lock GPS signal :unsure:

Guest spam1986
When I open the new message window there is a text field for the recepient name and next to it to the right there is a person sihlouette icon. If I tap it I get the contact names with checkboxes next to them so I can select multiple recepients. Hope that helps

Well yes kind of, this is what I used to have on 2.1, but I no longer have a person sihlouette icon. I have to type the first two letters of the persons name each time. Very annoying. Does anyone else have this problem or know the solution to it?

Guest AlphaVision

Hm... well I repaced the MMS.apk with the one that was posted 2 days ago so maybe it has been fixed there. It will be included in the next release I guess.

Guest spam1986
Hm... well I repaced the MMS.apk with the one that was posted 2 days ago so maybe it has been fixed there. It will be included in the next release I guess.

Have you got the link to the MMS apk or the page number it's posted on, maybe this is what I need. I'm a bit of a noob to all this but i'm giving it a go. Really can't understand this one though.

Other than that, I think this ROM is excellent, quicker than my previous 2.1. I've added the HTC IME keyboard as I prefer this.

Guest AlphaVision
Have you got the link to the MMS apk or the page number it's posted on, maybe this is what I need. I'm a bit of a noob to all this but i'm giving it a go. Really can't understand this one though.

Other than that, I think this ROM is excellent, quicker than my previous 2.1. I've added the HTC IME keyboard as I prefer this.

here you are: new mms.apk link

Edited by AlphaVision

Guest IronDoc
Thanks for your help. Sorry to be a pain but how do I replace the file. I've tried through ASTRO but can't seem to do it.

Use adb. There are tutorials and stuff if you google it. Basically, use adb shell to remove Mms.apk from /system/app/ and then use adb push to put your Mms.apk there.

If you feel you have to have a gui you need a file manager with root access. RootExplorer is the only one I know, but there are others.

Edited by IronDoc

Guest AlphaVision

Also...

I am not sure it it will work, but you can replace the apk in the rom zip file then flash the rom again and I think it will be updated. You will loose your theme if it is not the default one thought and will have to install it again

Guest bob100

Hi im new here and i am just about to install a custom rom and thought i would use this one

Which is the best version as just reading previous posts RLS4 looks buggy.

Is RLS3 better?

Also whats the difference between the lite and full version?

Also when i choose the rom in clockwork there is a message saying this cannot be undone. I thought all roms can be replace after install?

Lastly how do i install the overclock?

Would appreciate all help

Thanks

Edited by bob100

Guest IronDoc
Also...

I am not sure it it will work, but you can replace the apk in the rom zip file then flash the rom again and I think it will be updated. You will loose your theme if it is not the default one thought and will have to install it again

Yes that would work fine.

Hi im new here and i am just about to install a custom rom and thought i would use this one

Which is the best version as just reading previous posts RLS4 looks buggy.

Is RLS3 better?

Also whats the difference between the lite and full version?

Also when i choose the rom in clockwork there is a message saying this cannot be undone. I thought all roms can be replace after install?

Lastly how do i install the overclock?

Would appreciate all help

Thanks

I've had no problems with 4. If KK has included everything he did in the changelog then there's essentially no difference apart from VM Heap size and stagefright being disabled.

Installing a ROM involves formatting most partitions so no, it cannot be undone. This isn't to say you can't reinstall a backup or a new ROM.

Guest rwalton159

Issues I have are:

1) Full signal all the time

2) No contacts in messaging - I have to locate a name in contact list and opt to send a message. They are then in the messaging contact list

I love the rom and it is far better than when i ran it on 2.1

Guest yuki71

hi could someone tell me how to stop he hardware excelleration please

my battery is terrible

i'm also getting daily screen freezes on the lock screen

Guest JMRoque

Hi.

Just noticed some problems with JJ RLS4 in two applications that crash and are impossible to run! The applications that crash in this release are Goggles and Voice Search. I've used them in earlier releases, but now in RLS4 I can't!

As anyone noticed this?

Mike

Guest rich_a
Just noticed some problems with JJ RLS4 in two applications that crash and are impossible to run! The applications that crash in this release are Goggles and Voice Search. I've used them in earlier releases, but now in RLS4 I can't!

As anyone noticed this?

Goggles and voice search are working fine on my install of rls4 upgraded from rls2 & 3. Maybe try clearing your caches in clockwork?

Guest dadashi
Same here. iGO works flawlesly on R2, but the google navigation doesn't lock GPS signal :unsure:

is it any better with the RLS4 rom? Or still useless GPS function...?

Guest Redirion

hey kallt_kaffe,

thanks for your great rom!

I installed the rom on an OLED Zte Blade and then installed the ahb bus addon. it scored 490 in quadrant standard :-)

Then i installed the rom on an TFT Zte Blade(swiss version), it IMPROVED THE SCREEN GREATLY! Before the screen seemed to only display 65k colors with poor color progression (red dots everywhere, even in menu). Now its smooth with full 262k colors enabled. It scored even 500 in quadrant.

Thank you!

Edited by Redirion

Guest Luemel

For me everything worked fine with rls4, but i had 2 display freezes today in the lockscreen :-( Is this because of the old kernel?

Edited by Luemel

Guest JMRoque
Goggles and voice search are working fine on my install of rls4 upgraded from rls2 & 3. Maybe try clearing your caches in clockwork?

Cleaned up the cache and reinstaled RLS4 and still the same problems with Goggles and Voice Search!

Mike

Guest yu zhang
If ZTE releases a kernel source that makes it possible, then the answer is yes.

But Japanese Jellyfish ZTE is 5M camera, Why not use that kernel ?

Guest markusj

Just had my first lockscreen freeze :unsure:

Thank God, usb debugging was enabled, I could reboot my blade with adb. I don't really want to take the back cover off, I'm afraid it'll get loose and squeaky.

I also noticed that the light sensor needs to be calibrated after every restart. Automatic backlight stays on maximum brightness until I start an app that uses light sensor (e.g. the one I've downloaded to test it), or calibrate it at *#26***#

Edited by markusj

Guest leszekpap

yesterday I installed jelly rls4 - it`s working great but I have one issue - on camera I have lines ( in camera and in photo mode)

do you have also this kind of problem ? or this is something new ?

how can I correct this?

I have those lines during making photos/movie but also recorded movies have those lines/ photos are ok.

Guest markusj
yesterday I installed jelly rls4 - it`s working great but I have one issue - on camera I have lines ( in camera and in photo mode)

do you have also this kind of problem ? or this is something new ?

how can I correct this?

I have those lines during making photos/movie but also recorded movies have those lines/ photos are ok.

change the size of the VM heap, you can find an app for that in the market