[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Adrian Smith
wow, this rom is amazing, so far I've used the overclocking mod with it, and on my 3rd attempt I got a quadrant score of 1122, this is pretty ureal with the hardware we have, I have tested the phone and that works fine, I'll try out neo as well. The overall performance increase really shows I think. brilliant that it how shows when you are on hsdpa connection as well :unsure: I've upped the heap size to 48 as I find this really seems to help the UI experience, changed the memory setting within laucher pro to high, and made sure that caching was enabled.

Nice one! this really is the rom to have for now anyway. I'll try out a few games I think just to see how that goes.

Mike

Hi Mike, any chance you can detail how to do these things? Thanks.

Guest Frankish
Is anyone else missing the bit to change searchable items in settings?

No it's still there for me mate!

My current theme for this rom :unsure:

bluegingerbread1.pngbluegingerbread2.png

Guest Frankish
I don't have it either :unsure:

Maybe just a missing .apk? I'm still on RLS1 with manual fixes to bring it up to RLS4. So maybe if you side by side compare /system/app/ of RLS1 and RLS4 you will see what search related .apk is missing?

Guest Sim Log 12

Has anyone had a problem browsing over HTTPS over HSDPA? I'm got a 3 SIM and HTTP is (mostly) fine but HTTPS appears to be blocked. On Orange 3G the connection is ok. I suspect it's a 3 issue but wanted to see if any else had had the same problem. TIA.

Guest IronDoc
Maybe just a missing .apk? I'm still on RLS1 with manual fixes to bring it up to RLS4. So maybe if you side by side compare /system/app/ of RLS1 and RLS4 you will see what search related .apk is missing?

Would you mind comparing? I don't have RLS1 and I imagine KK is pretty busy with the kernal source :unsure:

Edit: or upload RLS1, I assume looking at the system/app would be quicker

systemapp.jpg

Edited by IronDoc

Guest kallt_kaffe

New kernel addon attached in first post. Freshly compiled from the source ZTE released today. It boots but that's all I've tested so far.

Guest Arr Too
New kernel addon attached in first post. Freshly compiled from the source ZTE released today. It boots but that's all I've tested so far.

VarmtKaffe kernel v0.1? Yay!

Guest voradorpt

I'm gonna do some testing.

Guest dmxpowa

what about stagefright support with new kernel ?

EDIT:

have you done the OC with the new kernel aswell? (AHB and/or CPU ?)

Edited by dmxpowa

Guest Simon O
what about stagefright support with new kernel ?

Kernel makes no difference to that. Android itself needs to be re-built against 2.2.1 AOSP code to have working stagefright. Either with a lot of guess work or lunch config from ZTE.

Guest sorrowuk
Kernel makes no difference to that. Android itself needs to be re-built against 2.2.1 AOSP code to have working stagefright. Either with a lot of guess work or lunch config from ZTE.

flibblesan , will we be able to build a 2.2.1 AOSP and use this kernel ? Or do we need zte to release some more stuff? You think they will release lunch config