[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

There are 5 things which I can choose to download so which ones do I pick?

I understand that I pick the lite or bloated ROM but then which overclock ROM do I download, as there are 3 on the first page. Thank you

Guest DonJamal

Hi there

Gotta do wipedata/factory reset before and after install the new kernel or just simply install the zip and wait for the wonder?

Edited by DonJamal

Guest Jet-Ace

Tack så mycket, Kallt_Kaffe!

Now my 512 MB / 5 MP is working including camera. No freezes or any other problems so far. Nice finally be able to test froyo in real use.

Edited by Jet-Ace

There are 5 things which I can choose to download so which ones do I pick?

I understand that I pick the lite or bloated ROM but then which overclock ROM do I download, as there are 3 on the first page. Thank you

anyone?

What is the difference between normal RLS4 and lite version? Is the only differene that normal version have more programs than lite version? And are all those programs available in market or from internet? And is it possible to remove all the preinstalled programs from normal version? Just thinking that will I install normal or lite.

Guest Martin H.

I can install every of the new kernels as often as I want. I have as before the Version 2.6.32.9-perf. What is the trick to install this kernel?

Guest frequence
What is the difference between normal RLS4 and lite version? Is the only differene that normal version have more programs than lite version? And are all those programs available in market or from internet? And is it possible to remove all the preinstalled programs from normal version? Just thinking that will I install normal or lite.

Yes and Yes.

If you know what app you want to use then you can take the lite version and use it a a base for your droid app build

Guest DonJamal

Hi there

Gotta do wipedata/factory reset before and after install the new kernel or just simply install the zip with clockwork and wait for the wonder?

Guest Afrodude

Yes. Yes and Yes (use System App Remover or manually delete apps you don't want from the ROM with 7-Zip before flashing).

@Manju take your pick. All the addons (do note you need to install the actual ROM first) are slightly different:

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS4_ahb_overclocked.zip = Hacked old Kernel with AHB bus overclocking (50%) enabled).

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS4_new_kernel_overclockable.zip = New custom kernel based upon code ZTE released today. Use SetCPU to overclock.

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS4_new_kernel_ahb_overclocked.zip = Same as new_kernel_overclockable.zip, but additionally the AHB bus is overclocked aswell (by 50%).

Also in future please don't be so impatient. Expecting a reply in 13 minutes is beyond funny.

Edited by Afrodude

Guest Afrodude
Hi there

Gotta do wipedata/factory reset before and after install the new kernel or just simply install the zip with clockwork and wait for the wonder?

No. You can just flash it.

Guest shastar

Lite version has only the programs needed for the system .. the rest you may install from market.

Guest Afrodude
Lite version has only the programs needed for the system .. the rest you may install from market.

Nope it also includes some other apps which are non-essential.

Edited by Afrodude

Yes. Yes and Yes (use System App Remover or manually delete apps you don't want from the ROM with 7-Zip before flashing).

@Manju take your pick. All the addons (do note you need to install the actual ROM first) are slightly different:

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS4_ahb_overclocked.zip = Hacked old Kernel with AHB bus overclocking (50%) enabled).

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS4_new_kernel_overclockable.zip = New custom kernel based upon code ZTE released today. Use SetCPU to overclock.

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS4_new_kernel_ahb_overclocked.zip = Same as new_kernel_overclockable.zip, but additionally the AHB bus is overclocked aswell (by 50%).

Also in future please don't be so impatient. Expecting a reply in 13 minutes is beyond funny.

Can I use set CPU to overclock with this ROM? P.S there are hundreds of people on this forum especially in the blade section every day and I know this because hundreds of people bought the phone from hotukdeals and reccomend this forum. :unsure:

Guest Afrodude
whats the difference between the two new kernels in the zip folder?

Have a look at some of the posts above your own. I've already answered that question.

Can I use set CPU to overclock with this ROM? P.S there are hundreds of people on this forum especially in the blade section every day and I know this because hundreds of people bought the phone from hotukdeals and reccomend this forum. :unsure:

Yes, you can. Like i said its the same as the other, except additionally it automatically overclocks the AHB bus by 50%.

There might be hundreds of people on the forums but: not everyone can answer your question and most people just browse and not post.

Guest Nimezis
Yes, you can. Like i said its the same as the other, except additionally it automatically overclocks the AHB bus by 50%.

Why this not work on my ZTE? Quadrant score just 399 poins :unsure:

Guest Jet-Ace
Why this not work on my ZTE? Quadrant score just 399 poins :unsure:

Should be easily be 530-540 if you installed Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS4_new_kernel_ahb_overclocked.zip and set SetCPU let's say 710 MHz + advanced settings. And this was with conservative scaling.

You have Saunalahti's Blade?

Guest DonJamal

wow... quadrant score 480 B) with rls3b old kernel and ahb overclocked 1024point... how is that?:unsure:

what is the very stable cpu overclocked value?

Edited by DonJamal

Guest IronDoc

You could at least look a couple pages back before asking the same questions guys. A search for 'kernel' will probably also take you to relevant parts.

Back OT: I don't understand how people are clocking it so high; I've gotten reboots with everything over 691. Is there any more to it than setting the max in SetCPU then carrying on as usual?

Guest Nimezis
Should be easily be 530-540 if you installed Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS4_new_kernel_ahb_overclocked.zip and set SetCPU let's say 710 MHz + advanced settings. And this was with conservative scaling.

You have Saunalahti's Blade?

I have Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS4_lite not overckloced + new AHB kernel on the TeleFinland 3.2mpix phone

Quadrant say: max CPU speed 800 now is 322MHz min is 121 but score is 399 points :unsure: