[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Afrodude
Is it possible to overclock the kernel via setCPU?

Wow. Really? You are actually asking this question? Have you not read any of the posts in this topic?

Posts 1125 and 1127 should be helpful. Have a look at post 1111 aswell.

Guest nedian05

I flashed the new kernels but nothing has changed. I mean as others reported that LEDs start working but in my case nothing has changed at all. Is there another way of installing this new kernel?

I reflased both again and now I can see the LEDs working.

Edited by nedian05

Guest pellen
I agree, this is an eyesore. It also turns off at 90% charge, thats when it used to turn green.

@kallt_kaffe

Can you change how the LED behaves when charging?

I've just flashed the new kernel and I'm surprised to find how much I like the backlight :unsure:

A also love the OC. 729MHz seems to be my limit. I know that benchmarks aren't everything but I got 548 B) I can see the difference when swiping and opening apps.

@sawta

JIT is enabled

Meh, I dont get illuminated buttons at all :angry: Running JJ RLS4 with new kernel,

Guest the_bone

My battery is seriously taking a caning with the new kernel left alone for an hour went down 20%. Ive tried restoring a previous backup via clockworkmod thinking everything would return to previous, but it looks like the kernel does not change to the previous one. Any help would be much appreciated.

Guest markusj
I flashed the new kernels but nothing has changed. I mean as others reported that LEDs start working but in my case nothing has changed at all. Is there another way of installing this new kernel?

I reflased both again and now I can see the LEDs working.

Set backlight to automatic, and cover the light sensor (top left)

still nothing?

What does the phone say, which kernel does it have?

Guest nedian05
Meh, I dont get illuminated buttons at all :unsure: Running JJ RLS4 with new kernel,

Try reflashing both new kernels. It was not working for me too.

Guest harmohn

Been playing around with the OC+AHB kernal for the last few hours, and it's such an improvement over the beta. Just wanted to add my thanks!

672max most stable for my cpu.....still :unsure:

Guest Hopelessness

Has anybody else played Need For Speed: Shift on this ROM yet? Incredible experience, silky smooth 3D graphics that could rival a PSP, good fun and currently only £0.65 in the market. HIGHLY RECOMMEND everyone goes and buys it now!

Guest warzinak

at first i kept getting force close on email...and now every few seconds i get force close of android.process.acore...

also its running EXTREMELY choppy for me

lite version btw

Edited by warzinak

Guest NightSt@lk3r

Flashed the updated kernel with AHB overclock and its running perfectly and button backlights working again yay!

One question though, do you plan to add the stock android dialer at some point in the future?

Edited by NightSt@lk3r

Guest Pelemane
Has anybody else played Need For Speed: Shift on this ROM yet? Incredible experience, silky smooth 3D graphics that could rival a PSP, good fun and currently only £0.65 in the market. HIGHLY RECOMMEND everyone goes and buys it now!

I just got it and it cost only 0.77€ and it's awesome! Runs smoothly and graphics are great and i love it :unsure:

Guest daerragh

Installed new kernel on Saunalahti TFT Blade and my camera is working! Now I have everything I ever wanted for this phone: OC, JIT, camera, and the lockscreen is now always responsive. Thx a lot!

Edited by daerragh

Guest JBSCARFACE

same problem with RLS4:

Import contacts from sim card not working !!

I updated the kernel but it still showing 2.6.32.9-perf in about menu.

Cant see any changes only leds working..

Edited by JBSCARFACE

Guest NightSt@lk3r
same problem with RLS4:

Import contacts from sim card not working !!

I updated the kernel but it still showing 2.6.32.9-perf in about menu.

When to expect a proper rom where is all things works?

Most important features internet and sim contacts..

Cant see any changes only leds working..

Err 2.6.32 is the new kernel, 2.6.29 was the old one.

Err 2.6.32 is the new kernel, 2.6.29 was the old one.

Weird, that means i had the new one in my jellyfish that i installed the 4th of january when the new kernel was compiled 6th of january?

I checked versions in settings as well 2.6.32-9 perf before and after. I have working backlight and leds, never thought about it before but they could be new for me.

Flashed RLS4, and after that the new kernel... Tested it during 2 hours approximately and went back to Finnish Fillyjonk RLS4!

Unfortunatelly, with Jellyfish RLS4 plus the new kernel I had widgets (clarus battery and APNDroid Pro) that stopped working after a reboot because they just disappeared from the add widget menu, presenting the error loading widget message. That forced me to install the apps again so that all worked ok :unsure:

Nevertheless, even with hardware acceleration disabled it was still very fast and fluid.

Guest jurrasstoil
It would have been nice if the new kernel fixed the sleeping problem, but it looks like It's still there :unsure:

I bet you had the phone plugged in while trying.

If it is connected to the charger or PC you can wake it with the buttons at the bottom. Unplug it and only the power button can wake it.