[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Gibdos

Short Status Update

The new kernel seems to work great. No Lock Screen Freezes whatsoever since yesterday afternoon, whereas the old

kernel froze almost every single time I locked my phone. So on that front it seems to be fixed.

One little problem left

Now as much as I love this new kernel I have noticed one small problem with it.

The clock does not seem to work correctly while in sleep mode.

This morning my alarm did not ring and when I press the power button to show the lockscreen I can

see the clock jump to the current time.

I would wager that this is some kind of problem with either the rom or the kernel since it worked correct

with the BASE / E-Plus Stock Rom / Kernel. I just hope we can fix this because then it would be perfect.

One again I would like to express my sincere gratitude to the creator of this rom. You did a very good job.

Thank you very much!

Guest Ricey155

best rom ive used so far, seems nice and smooth /fast

decent features and also a working fm radio for the all important saturday football thats blocked with internet radio :unsure:

Guest jurrasstoil
One little problem left

This morning my alarm did not ring and when I press the power button to show the lockscreen I can

I would wager that this is some kind of problem with either the rom or the kernel since it worked correct

with the BASE / E-Plus Stock Rom / Kernel. I just hope we can fix this because then it would be perfect.

Hmm, just tried it with a short alarm (10 minutes) and it did work flawlessly.

i'll try it with a 1h alarm in case there is a "deeper" sleepmode.

One little problem left

I have this same problem with stock Eclair. Everytime I push power button to wake the screen up, I will have to wait about 0,5 to 1 second and after that clock will jump to correct time. However calendar is still working fine and all the alarms from calendar comes right on time even if the phone is in sleep. I haven't ever tried the alarm clock so I don't know about that.

Guest c271258

I flashed Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS4_new_kernel_ahb_overclocked.zip, and then the automatic brightness is broken.

08:20 : I tried again and it work!

Edited by c271258

I flashed Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS4_new_kernel_ahb_overclocked.zip, and then the automatic brightness is broken.

Didn't notice that as I don't use it, but just confirmed I have the same problem.

Guest gjakovic
Didn't notice that as I don't use it, but just confirmed I have the same problem.

On automatic brightness backlights will turn on only when you are in dark room.

Guest AlphaVision
I have this same problem with stock Eclair. Everytime I push power button to wake the screen up, I will have to wait about 0,5 to 1 second and after that clock will jump to correct time. However calendar is still working fine and all the alarms from calendar comes right on time even if the phone is in sleep. I haven't ever tried the alarm clock so I don't know about that.

I don't think that's an issue. The clock runs fine, just the visoal representation isn't updated when it's not seen. When you unlock the phone the time representation is updated to the real time that the phone internally counts so it's not a problem

Guest NightSt@lk3r
to overclock which program I can use ? setcpu which is not freeware or there is something similar free ?

SetCPU is free if you download it from the XDA forums.

Guest lucky9

First, Thanks Kallt_Kaffe! Great work!

But... I have one small problem.

I use SR Player (Swedish Radio app) almost on a daily basis.

Everything works fine exept streaming live!

When I choose to listen live it buffers and when it has reached 100% it just starts over.

Listening to archived programs is no problem.

Anyone else (ok... I realize there isn't too many swedes here...) have this problem. I haven't had this problem with any other ROM I've tried.

I use the RLS4 with new kernel and OC. But it didn't work in RLS3 either...

Got any suggestions?

Regards

Lucky9

Is anyone having problems of disappearing widgets from the add widget menu and homescreen after a reboot (in homescreen it gives the error of widget cannot be loaded or something like that)? Had that problem with APNDroid Pro and Clarus Battery B)

Had to return to a Eclair release because of that :unsure:

Edited by _BG_

Guest deusum86
Is anyone having problems of disappearing widgets from the add widget menu and homescreen after a reboot (in homescreen it gives the error of widget cannot be loaded or something like that)? Had that problem with APNDroid Pro and Clarus Battery B)

Had to return to a Eclair release because of that :unsure:

Did you try to clear the launchers cache in applications -> settings? Then all widgets should be back. I had this problem sometimes with my old magic and the sense ui.

Automatic brightness control works fine for me, coverup the light sensor and the brightness dims and the buttons backlight comes on.

Just tried it again and it works for me now, strange lol.

Guest kallt_kaffe

This usually happens when you use a task killer and do not put the Alarm app on the ignore list.

Guest Nyberg

I have tried searching however can't find the answere I'm looking for.

Why was Launcher Pro replaced by ADV Launcher?

Is there any cardock application installed?

Kind regards

Ex

Guest jlgmax

Im currently running JJ RLS3, if I want to update to RLS4 with the new kernel + overclocking, are the following steps correct ?

1 - Install JJ RLS4 (no need to wipe ?)

2 - Reboot

3 - Install JJ Kernel add on with overclock option

4 - Reboot

Thanks !

Guest Afrodude
Why was Launcher Pro replaced by ADV Launcher?

Is there any cardock application installed?

Both are there (full release atleast). Use The "Home Switcher" app (its included).

Google Car Home is included.

Is anyone having problems of disappearing widgets from the add widget menu and homescreen after a reboot (in homescreen it gives the error of widget cannot be loaded or something like that)? Had that problem with APNDroid Pro and Clarus Battery :unsure:

Have you used some sort of task killer? APN Droid isn't really needed with this rom as you can fully disable data connections.

at first i kept getting force close on email...and now every few seconds i get force close of android.process.acore...

also its running EXTREMELY choppy for me

You should wipe your data/ cache before installing.

Im currently running JJ RLS3, if I want to update to RLS4 with the new kernel + overclocking, are the following steps correct ?

1 - Install JJ RLS4 (no need to wipe ?)

2 - Reboot

3 - Install JJ Kernel add on with overclock option

4 - Reboot

Thanks !

Missed a step:

5 - Install SetCPU and slowly and carefully increase your CPU clock speed. (be extremely careful with the "set on boot" option.)

Edited by Afrodude

Have you used some sort of task killer? APN Droid isn't really needed with this rom as you can fully disable data connections.

No, the first thing I do before a flash is to delete any task killer that comes in the ROM. I use APN Droid to disable internet data connections but leave the MMS connection available.

But this also happened with Clarus Battery widget, not just APN Droid...

Guest socialworker

KK, to put it shortly: You're a golden god!

JIT + AHB oc + CPU oc = freaking f***ing awesomeness and total smoothness.

And it really seems that your new kernel does actually fix the digitizer freezes!

Thanks for your great work!

Edited by socialworker

Guest deusum86

I just found an issue. Well it's not really an issue since some people might like it but for me it's an inconvenience.

The ROM or kernel (I'm not sure since I have no Idea which part is responsible for that) doesn't seem to have a dedicated notifications/alarm channel. The advantage is if you have plugged in your headset the notification sounds and the ringtone of an incoming call are played through the headset. The disadvantage for me is the following: I like listening to music via headphones while falling asleep. (Having a SleepTimer). Obviously I won't unplug the headset while sleeping so my alarm plays through the headset and I can't hear it. (I'm using gentlealarm.apk which has the option to either play it through the "music channel" or through the dedicated "notifications channel"). No matter what settings I choose it plays through the plugged in headset. (On Paul's alpha 3 there are 2 Channels available so alarm/notifications/ringtone always play through built-in speaker)

So could someone help me with this? Is it possible to set this 2 channels in ROM (maybe in build properties or something like this?)? Or do I have to live with that inconvenience?

I would really appreciate all answers and want to thank you in advance.

Best regards

Edited by deusum86

Guest StevenHarperUK

Great work

However is a new Kernel a great reason to +1 to the RLS

I believe this should be RLS5

Otherwise were going to have a LOT of confused people.

Steven