[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest IronDoc
I just found an issue. Well it's not really an issue since some people might like it but for me it's an inconvenience.

The ROM or kernel (I'm not sure since I have no Idea which part is responsible for that) doesn't seem to have a dedicated notifications/alarm channel. The advantage is if you have plugged in your headset the notification sounds and the ringtone of an incoming call are played through the headset. The disadvantage for me is the following: I like listening to music via headphones while falling asleep. (Having a SleepTimer). Obviously I won't unplug the headset while sleeping so my alarm plays through the headset and I can't hear it. (I'm using gentlealarm.apk which has the option to either play it through the "music channel" or through the dedicated "notifications channel"). No matter what settings I choose it plays through the plugged in headset. (On Paul's alpha 3 there are 2 Channels available so alarm/notifications/ringtone always play through built-in speaker)

So could someone help me with this? Is it possible to set this 2 channels in ROM (maybe in build properties or something like this?)? Or do I have to live with that inconvenience?

I would really appreciate all answers and want to thank you in advance.

Best regards

Could you take at look at this kallt_kaffe. Have you removed any of the audio libs or anything? It's not a kernel issue.

How do you disable HW acceleration.

Using Root Explore with Mount R/W option enabled, go to: /system and click a second or two in the file build.prop and select edit in text editor.

Navigate through the text until you find the following: debug.sf.hw

If it is debug.sf.hw=1, HW is enabled... To disabled change it to 0 like this -> debug.sf.hw=0

Close the file, reboot and you're done... HW is disabled

Guest Watashi_PT
LOL :D

Sim, mas, por exemplo, com a ROM Fillyjonk RLS4 e com o HW ligado o consumo de bateria é descomunal, tipo dura para um dia se tanto... Por isso é que o desactivava sempre e tinha uma autonomia bastante superior, quase 2 dias! No entanto ainda vou testar com o HW desligado nesta RLS5 a ver!

English:

Yes, but, for example, with the HW activated in Fillyjonk RLS4 ROM, the battery consumption was huge, and battery life was about a day or maybe less. That's why I always had it disabled and the battery life was significantly larger, about 2 days! Nevertheless, I'll test it in this RLS5 version to see the results!

É capaz de consumir alguma, mas assim tanta é um bocado estranho. Nunca se sabe não é? xD

Depois diz qualquer coisa ;D

É capaz de consumir alguma, mas assim tanta é um bocado estranho. Nunca se sabe não é? xD

Depois diz qualquer coisa ;D

Heavy sms user diz-te algo?

Ok, depois digo qualquer coisa.

English:

Heavy sms user tells you something? :D :P :P

Ok, I'll tell you about my findings B)

Guest tcpaulh

The "Connection cannot be made" problem is referenced 10 times in this thread. I get it a lot. If I check my t-mobile apn settings they are set to asterisks during the problem but have the correct values when data is working. This is without me manually changing anything. I'm not using power control but am using juice defender....so will try without it for a while.

It looks promising so far. juice defender only seems to have trouble with JJ and Seb's

Edit: DOH, there has to be something screwy with t-mobile. Internet still drops out but at least the popup has gone

The "Connection cannot be made" problem is referenced 10 times in this thread. I get it a lot. If I check my t-mobile apn settings they are set to asterisks during the problem but have the correct values when data is working. This is without me manually changing anything. I'm not using power control but am using juice defender....so will try without it for a while.

It looks promising so far. juice defender only seems to have trouble with JJ and Seb's

Edit: DOH, there has to be something screwy with t-mobile. Internet still drops out but at least the popup has gone

Had that same problem with Vodafone network here in Portugal after flashing RLS4 + the new kernel with the difference that internet didn't drop out, and I wasn't using neither power control or juice defender :D

Tell me something, are you using any kind of app like APNDroid, for example?

Edited by _BG_

Guest sumdumguy

My "Connection cannot be made" problems went away when I restored my original orange rom apn settings with apn restorer.. could be bad mms settings.

Guest sumdumguy
Using Root Explore with Mount R/W option enabled, go to: /system and click a second or two in the file build.prop and select edit in text editor.

Navigate through the text until you find the following: debug.sf.hw

If it is debug.sf.hw=1, HW is enabled... To disabled change it to 0 like this -> debug.sf.hw=0

Close the file, reboot and you're done... HW is disabled

thx, is that all the steps? i thought a driver change had to be made too.

Guest tcpaulh
Had that same problem with Vodafone network here in Portugal after flashing RLS4 + the new kernel with the difference that internet didn't drop out, and I wasn't using neither power control or juice defender :D

Tell me something, are you using any kind of app like APNDroid, for example?

Not using anything like that.

My "Connection cannot be made" problems went away when I restored my original orange rom apn settings with apn restorer.. could be bad mms settings.

Are you on t-mobile? If so, would you mind sharing your working settings?

Guest orangeman2003

Hi, thanks for great new rom with new kernal! great job

On new 2.2 giffgaff is currently showing as o2 but on 2.1 it shows as giffgaff. Wil this new kernal be able to allow it to show giffgaff again?

Many thanks

Guest heavyduty00

can i confirm that the RLS5 is the stable 2.2 froyo and latest one with latest kernel??

Do i need to install the img.zip file if i just want a normal 2.2 froyo stable nice rom?

also will i be able to move apps to my sd card without doing anything else once i have downloaded the RLS5?

Edited by heavyduty00

Guest dmxpowa
why do you need a update.zip?

take a guess, maybe i dont wanna reflash my device for 5 files. anyway i already extracted the ones that was new from RLS5.

take a guess, maybe i dont wanna reflash my device for 5 files. anyway i already extracted the ones that was new from RLS5.

i thought the same, but in the end it was easier to just use the clockwork image as supplied

Guest ZTE Blade_

could u please just mention which 5 updated files did you extract?

Guest dmxpowa
boot.img

libril-qc-1.so

libcm.so

MMS.apk

GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk

settings.apk, settingsprovider.apk, rzscontrol (xbin), compcache.sh (bin)

EDIT:

if you adb push dont forget to chmod those 2 that goes to bin. "chmod 744 ..."

Edited by dmxpowa

Guest targetbsp

Liking this a lot! It's my first custom rom. Games that were previously a bit sluggish (armored strike, tower raiders, astral commander) are now running great. My wifi seems to be reconnecting without a 3rd party app. Battery life seems fine. Love the battery meter - much easier to see when I need to stop playing Game Dev Story. :D

I did manage to lose my sms (so I'd recommend the sms backup app to other noobs) during the process and my contacts (but contacts were recoverable from sim).

I also restored my settings from titanium and that made acore crash a lot so I had to wipe again and this time just restored apps+data rather than settings and all is well.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Andr0ider

kallt_kaffe, are you going to release a new version in the near future? And if if is not a top secret information what are the plans for the next release?

Thanks for great job!

Guest flauchhaus

Just for confirmation - the 128MB System partition image flash works fine on 512MB RAM/ROM TFT devices, and the text showed up for me.

post-809331-1294432886_thumb.jpg

When you do it make sure to copy the whole image folder not the single files to the storage card. I thought I semi-bricked my blade for a couple minutes (only the Android mascot showed up, Clockwork recovery didn't open)

I really enjoy the speed (SetCPU set to 122 - 691MHz) although my fathers LG 540GT still seems to be snappier, especially at scrolling in the applications list, even thought it has "worse" hardware I think.

Does anyone know what the Qualcomm stuff does? I removed it with titanium backup and so far I didn't notice anything not working.

Edited by flauchhaus