[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Buchtis

Qucik question guys.

Am I installing this normally, then installing the ABH overclock. Once the phone is booted, I just need to download and install the program SetCPU and overclock?

Guest StevenHarperUK
Qucik question guys.

Am I installing this normally, then installing the ABH overclock. Once the phone is booted, I just need to download and install the program SetCPU and overclock?

OK

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS5_image.zip is a TPT image you install that WITHOUT clockwork - it does however change the partitions on your phone

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS5.zip - You install this with clockwork - you CAN download and use SetCPU with this as it is

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS5_ahb_overclocked.zip - Goes on over the top of ROM after you have booted it - Use clockwork and install just like a ROM - You can still use SetCPU after installing this

If your on RLS4 you don't need to wipe.

ALSO any of these theme work with JJ5

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...re-slate-theme/

However LET THE ROM BOOT before you install a theme - after installing - the first boot will take longer

Edited by StevenHarperUK

Guest StevenHarperUK
Yeah they work here too. First time i've ever seen them. Got my San Fran with Froyo preinstalled.

??

Pre-installed - who did it?

Were you themeing blind before?

I will have this annoying "connection cannot be maid" problem every time i unlock the screen. Is there any suggestions what to do? I have Saunalahti Blade.

Edited by Oyorf

Guest dorren
I will have this annoying "connection cannot be maid" problem every time i unlock the screen. Is there any suggestions what to do? I have Saunalahti Blade.

I have "connection lost" if talking in phone and going outside of the range of my wifi, kinda irritating aslwell as it is alot of pressing until i can hang up a call..

Guest AlphaVision
Using r4 but no gps does gps work on r5? Other than that great rom many thanks for all hard work kalt kaffe....brilliant

Has never worked for me. I am using the maps 5.0 navigation. Using iGO GPS works flawlessly, but the stock navigation cannot lock satellites

Guest Buchtis

Cheers Steve. Already downloaded the correct ROM's anyway. One more question, what's the highest stable overclock I can have on this phone? Stock is 600Mhz if I remember correctly, would it reach as high as 700Mhz or am I asking too much.

Cheers all.

Cheers Steve. Already downloaded the correct ROM's anyway. One more question, what's the highest stable overclock I can have on this phone? Stock is 600Mhz if I remember correctly, would it reach as high as 700Mhz or am I asking too much.

Cheers all.

Read some of the posts in this thread before yours and you may find the answer yourself.

Guest nvidiax
Qucik question guys.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

:D

Guest Buchtis
Read some of the posts in this thread before yours and you may find the answer yourself.

Thanks for your awfully informative post. Unfortunately I don't have much time to look through 65+ pages of info as i'm in the pub, and writing this off my San Fran. Be a good boy and find the info out for me won't you.

Guest domdom43

When i try to remove a default APN, i can't!

is it possible to remove APN's using root explorer?

I want to be sure than anybody using my phone can't activate data

Guest ed.dark

you need to set up the apn for your network (gprs/3g)

Guest bebop68
Thanks for your awfully informative post. Unfortunately I don't have much time to look through 65+ pages of info as i'm in the pub, and writing this off my San Fran. Be a good boy and find the info out for me won't you.

Different people manage different top speeds, each chip is individual.. You have to up your speed a little bit at a time and stop when it becomes unstable. Drop back till it is stable on stress tests and long term use...

Guest bebop68

Quick question - presumably the repartitioning .img install method (turn on while pushing up) still works if you've already got clockworkmod in your recovery partion? Because like - we all do, don't we...

I'm dying to try this all out, but my phone has to go back, so I can't. grrr.

Guest Nognir
OK

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS5_image.zip is a TPT image you install that WITHOUT clockwork - it does however change the partitions on your phone

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS5.zip - You install this with clockwork - you CAN download and use SetCPU with this as it is

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS5_ahb_overclocked.zip - Goes on over the top of ROM after you have booted it - Use clockwork and install just like a ROM - You can still use SetCPU after installing this

So, just to make it clear, JJ_RLS5_image and JJ_RLS5 are the same thing save on the installation way? Does the overclock addon work on both?

Guest bebop68
So, just to make it clear, JJ_RLS5_image and JJ_RLS5 are the same thing save on the installation way? Does the overclock addon work on both?

The addon will work with both, but they're not the same thing. The image repartitions the permanent flash memory in your phone so you have more room to install apps (but you can install them on your sd card anyway). This is somewhat risky so consider how important this is to you. Also, it replaces some of your firmware with hungarian versions, the long term effects of which aren't entirely clear, particularly as different phones already have different firmwares (even if the software build shows as the same, the internal build is usually different). This is hardcore, don't do it unless you're prepared to brick your phone.

So I found some information that this "connection cannot be maid" is because apndroid. And yes it is. But I canno get batteryfu working if i don't have apndroid. It just will not turn the 3g off when screen is off without apndroid. And if I remove apndroid there will be no "connection cannot be maid" problem.