[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Nognir
The addon will work with both, but they're not the same thing. The image repartitions the permanent flash memory in your phone so you have more room to install apps (but you can install them on your sd card anyway). This is somewhat risky so consider how important this is to you. Also, it replaces some of your firmware with hungarian versions, the long term effects of which aren't entirely clear, particularly as different phones already have different firmwares (even if the software build shows as the same, the internal build is usually different). This is hardcore, don't do it unless you're prepared to brick your phone.

So, since there is a matter of hardware compatibility, based on the knowledge gathered why can't we post a table of compatible firmware/hardware? F.e. hungarian fw is compatible with greek, portuguese hw and so on and sticky it. It'll save time and questions

Guest ex-efixxer

great work, thanks a lot!!! :D

i would like to give an recommendation, could you please include TaintDroid (http://appanalysis.org/index.html) in a upcoming release. or maybe make a special version of Japanese Jellyfish including TaintDroid, so users can chose the desired version..

that would be so great.. all the best!! keep up the good work!

Guest bebop68
So, since there is a matter of hardware compatibility, based on the knowledge gathered why can't we post a table of compatible firmware/hardware? F.e. hungarian fw is compatible with greek, portuguese hw and so on and sticky it. It'll save time and questions

You mean you're volunteering to set up that thread and maintain it? That's awfully nice of you to give your time like that. Well done you!

Guest bob100

Whats the Battery Life like on JellyFish?

I am using FLB Froyo and am considering trying jellyfish.

Are the battery life similar between the 2 roms?

Guest Rotmann
great work, thanks a lot!!! :D

i would like to give an recommendation, could you please include TaintDroid (http://appanalysis.org/index.html) in a upcoming release. or maybe make a special version of Japanese Jellyfish including TaintDroid, so users can chose the desired version..

that would be so great.. all the best!! keep up the good work!

+1, that would be perfect! Privacy is a big thing nowadays!

Guest jt_mcg
You mean you're volunteering to set up that thread and maintain it? That's awfully nice of you to give your time like that. Well done you!

The hungarian 256 to 512 RAM thread has a listing of all phones it's been tried on. Since this is the same but with the images replaced and the partitions altered it should theoretically work on any of those.

FWIW, I haven't done RLS5, but I have repartitioned my blade and replaced the images using the same method on a 512MB OUK OLED San Francisco.

Guest Nognir

It'll take some time right now, I've got my hands full of assignments. AFAIK so far there are there different known versions of hardware, the camera and the unlocked ram being a deciding factor (or not?), I'll check the ram patch thread. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'd also like in pm some links describing the hw differences I've seen mentioned between japanese and chinese version (it was mentioned in the thread where a perfect Froyo ROM would be available on Wednesday)

Edit: on the RAM thread these versions are confirmed to be compatible to RAM patch: Hungary, Greece, UK, France. So these amount to equal hardware. Sweden shipped with 512mb already, so it can be added to that safely. Finland and Japanese have 5MP/VGA cam/vid so they're separated. I think there is still China, Switzerland, Turkey, Norway, Portugal.

Edited by Nognir

Guest Nognir

What's more, I think it's also a good idea to have at the first post for each ROM compatibility information like in the RAM patch thread. Like these versions are confirmed to work, these are unconfirmed, these are not working.

Guest burstlam

THX for ur work! KK

I am concern with this features

"•Added swap and compcache support."

does it mean we can enable them in adb shell

and how about JIT installation? shall it be done

prior to enable swap and compcache?

can u instruct me the proper procedure?

Guest IronDoc
It'll take some time right now, I've got my hands full of assignments. AFAIK so far there are there different known versions of hardware, the camera and the unlocked ram being a deciding factor (or not?), I'll check the ram patch thread. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'd also like in pm some links describing the hw differences I've seen mentioned between japanese and chinese version (it was mentioned in the thread where a perfect Froyo ROM would be available on Wednesday)

Edit: on the RAM thread these versions are confirmed to be compatible to RAM patch: Hungary, Greece, UK, France. So these amount to equal hardware. Sweden shipped with 512mb already, so it can be added to that safely. Finland and Japanese have 5MP/VGA cam/vid so they're separated. I think there is still China, Switzerland, Turkey, Norway, Portugal.

I think he was being flippant.

Guest dadashi

I couldn't wait anymore and I installed the jellyfish RLS5... so far two disapointments which maybe someone can shed some light on

1- The camer app has VGA greyed out, only CIF but VGA doesn't work...Pauls older Froyo allowed VGA video recording

2- It's guzzling the battery!! Down from 99% to 70% in an hour!!

2- It's guzzling the battery!! Down from 99% to 70% in an hour!!

Strange, I upgraded to rls5 earlier tonight and my battery has barely consumed 3% in the last 4 hours, albeit I haven't been using it much.

can you see if you have the VGA option in camera?

This may sound stupid as I don't use the camera because it's awful, but where do I find the settings as there aren't any from what I can see?

Guest nunoar
can you see if you have the VGA option in camera?

I have VGA option grayed out as well.

EDIT: If I set the quality to custom the VGA is available.

Edited by nunoar

Guest Salsaholic

VGA video cam also disabled here.

Besides that, working like a charm. I felt adventurous and went for the IMG, now having lots of space for apps :D

(UK OLED model)

Guest dadashi
Sorry for being a nib, but how do I install this rom? the sticky doesn't help me at all.

thanks, on a OSF UK btw

I don't think anybody can explain it better or simpler than already posted in the sticky's...if you're not certain ask people around you to do it for you...

Guest gambieter

Repartitioning worked fine, install as well. Unfortunately the email app keeps on giving me a Force Close after restoring the data/settings.

Guest maxmix
Does the new kernel stop the screen freeze rubbish happening?

Anyone ? My screen problems with the last Jellyfish release was a nightmare !

Hopefully this is sorted....

maxmix