[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Rotmann
Repartitioning worked fine, install as well. Unfortunately the email app keeps on giving me a Force Close after restoring the data/settings.

You have to wipe again and install the ROM and restore only user apps. Restoring system apps on a different ROM is not a good ideea.

Anyone ? My screen problems with the last Jellyfish release was a nightmare !

Hopefully this is sorted....

maxmix

It should be sorted, why don't you try it out?

Guest IronDoc
You have to wipe again and install the ROM and restore only user apps. Restoring system apps on a different ROM is not a good ideea.

Restoring the data with titanium *should* be fine. Though it's not surprising there's an error or 2.

Guest maxmix

It should be sorted, why don't you try it out?

Just downloaded now, just about to wipe data and install, will keep you updated :D

maxmix

Guest gambieter

Restoring data with the default email app works normally fine, have done it with most ROMs published here (Eclair and Froyo). This is the first ROM where the FC occurs.

Guest beljim

Searched for hours and still can't find any confirmed way to install the overclock.

I clear cache using clockwork

I install jellyfish and reboot.

I go to clockwork orange and install overclock from a zip file and reboot.

I run quadrant but still only get a 440 result.

What is the correct procedure to install PLEASE!

Guest NightSt@lk3r
Searched for hours and still can't find any confirmed way to install the overclock.

I clear cache using clockwork

I install jellyfish and reboot.

I go to clockwork orange and install overclock from a zip file and reboot.

I run quadrant but still only get a 440 result.

What is the correct procedure to install PLEASE!

The Overclock only enables the ability to overclock it doesn't overclock it automatically for you, you have to overclock it manually with SetCPU.

Guest Skillganon
Does anyone know what the Qualcomm stuff does? I removed it with titanium backup and so far I didn't notice anything not working.

The ZTE Blade uses Qualcomm MSM 7227 600MHz processor. I also had it removed on my previous flash and noticed no difference but put it back on when I found out it is related to CPU. Taking no chance. To answer you question "don't know what it it does".

I noticed after I flashed it with "new overclockable CPU and AHB kernel" (RLS4) and than I flash it with the AHB overclocked.zip the back LED lights that use to come on with just the new kernel does not work. Or is it me am I flashing it wrong, noob here with his first ever android device.

Edited by Skillganon

Guest Rotmann
Restoring data with the default email app works normally fine, have done it with most ROMs published here (Eclair and Froyo). This is the first ROM where the FC occurs.

This still does not change anything on the fact that it's not recommended. You overwrite 2.2 system apps with 2.1 system apps (mail, camera, youtube etc. are newer better versions), how do you expect it to work?

Guest daerragh

Is there a way to disable hw acceleration only in menus and leave hw accel on in games? Because if I change build.prop debug.sf.hw=0, hw in menus is disabled, but it's also disabled in games. Is this possible to leave it enabled ONLY for games?

Guest kallt_kaffe
everything working ok...very nice !

but leds are still not working on my zte :D

The button lights seems to be a bit random but having automatic brightness on seems to turn them on more often. Not sure how it worked in 2.1, never thought much about it.

Guest jurrasstoil
The button lights seems to be a bit random but having automatic brightness on seems to turn them on more often. Not sure how it worked in 2.1, never thought much about it.

i have automatic brightness disabled and 1s after covering the light sensor with my finger the buttons light up. (RLS4 with oc kernel)

Guest kallt_kaffe
damn..no VGA, QVGA or even Custom option on video recording, only CIF option enabled by default

what's wrong here?

I have High, Low, MMS, Youtube and "Custom" as choices in the Video recorder app. Not sure what effects they have. Never use video recording myself.

EDIT: Been reading up. Choose custom in the "bottom" setting, then select "Vga" in the "top" setting.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe
Is there a way to disable hw acceleration only in menus and leave hw accel on in games? Because if I change build.prop debug.sf.hw=0, hw in menus is disabled, but it's also disabled in games. Is this possible to leave it enabled ONLY for games?

Noit asfaik. Having it on always means the GPU is enabled a lot more and it does seem to eat battery faster. In next version I propably leave it off by default with an addon to enable it.

Guest kallt_kaffe
How can i install gmail app in RLS5 ?

I cant find it in market

If you can't find it, try to search for, for example, Google Maps, then choose to show all apps from that developer. It's there for me.

Guest akalyptos

nop... is not there. i choose to show all apps from google Inc and is not there...

is ok to copy gmail2.3.2 apk to sd card and install it with Astro?

Guest Nognir
Noit asfaik. Having it on always means the GPU is enabled a lot more and it does seem to eat battery faster. In next version I propably leave it off by default with an addon to enable it.

I smell the need for an app/script which enables/disables GPU on user demand... Does android shell support bash?

Guest -= 71baker =-

For the first time since i bought my Blade it had run out of battery this morning. Pre RLS4Lite w. new Kernel it shouldn't have. There is def. something chuggin down the juice. Oh and it is charging now. Red led when i put the charging cable in. Now the led switched to green and i thought , that was quick. Check it , and it is at 7%?? Green at 7%. Wow.

Guest Andr0ider

Excuse me, but what are default partition sizes if the device has 512Mb (416 actually). Is it worth to do repartitioning? Is it just for extra 20-30 Mbytes for apps?