[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Ok, Bitten the bullet, and doing my first wipe in 6 weeks, moving from MCR alpha4 to this :D.

Wow - first impressions are very good. Aside from a quirk with LauncherPro whose restore from Ti didn't work properly, it's been fast, stable, and nice to use A2SD again (as opposed to A2FAT).

The only thing I'd say is having Ti in the ROM is outstandingly useful, as it just cuts out one step.

Guest Rotmann
God morning KK! Flashed your rom yesterday and after some setting up and cleaning out everything except facebook sync now works. Tested GPS, 3G, Sync, WiFi, LEDs etc.

Didn't find any point in having;

*Gtalk

*Live wallpapers

*Voice dialers

*Spare Parts

*Gmail

And missing;

*Gmaps

*Titanium backup

*Astro

*SMS Backup+

*Youtube

*Quick Office

Also, would it be possible to restrict the number of homescreens? I use 2 out of 5 and it's a little annoying. Also, not having the powerwidget on the homescreen per default possibly makes some people miss out on it's awesomeness! :D

Gtalk is needed for market to work. Some people use live wallpapers, voice dialers, spare parts (set animations to fast). Gmail is NOT available in the market in all countries, like Germany. The apps you are missing except youtube can be found in market. You can change the number of homescreens with any custom launcher like ADW, LauncherPRO, Go Launcher, Zeam Launcher etc. Each launcher has unique features, try them :P

Gtalk is needed for market to work. Some people use live wallpapers, voice dialers, spare parts (set animations to fast). Gmail is NOT available in the market in all countries, like Germany. The apps you are missing except youtube can be found in market. You can change the number of homescreens with any custom launcher like ADW, LauncherPRO, Go Launcher, Zeam Launcher etc. Each launcher has unique features, try them :D

That is true. However I have successfully removed Gtalk with Titanium and even after a reboot the market still works. I know it has stopped working in the past, as it did for me on MDC chinese ROM.

Youtube was on market though for me. Launcher Pro was perfect imo.

That is an issue likely due to the fact that we use some libs from 2.1 to get phone network to work at all. It's a cosmetic problem. Not sure if we can do much to fix it.

Hmm. I am on RSL5 currently (used the Total Phone Transfer procedure). Coming from the Lock Screen it always shows 5 bars. But after some time working with the phone (eg browsing), it ends up showing suddenly one bar or up to 4 bars. Thus it isn't completely true that there isn't any "in-between" at all...

Edited by _amano

Guest NightSt@lk3r

I have noticed today my phone randomly stops going to sleep properly, between 8am and 12pm today my battery only dropped 5% but when i used my phone at 12pm it doesn't seem to have gone back to sleep properly as it just woke up when i pressed the back button on the front and my battery had dropped 10% more in the space of an hour and a half.

Guest sunil.n

just installed the R6 of the version, seems good to me.. but noticed something .. not sure if someone else has faced it so far..

the phone charges fine, however when it was charging, i did not see any green/red light on the hard keys, which generally lit up when the phone is put on charge ?

have i got something wrong ?

also just a query.. how do i get the original zte lockscreen ( chinese version ? )- the one on Pauls mcr froyo r3 - on this one, .. any help would be highly appreciated

thanks.

Guest JungleNoli

Hi KK & others,

First of all thanks for the amazing jellyfish roms. First tried Seb's 404 deoranged Eclair (great) then onto RLS5 (awesome) and about to try RLS6.

Just one question - I notice you supported linux ext2 & 3 and now ext4. If I partition my new 8gb microSD card (speed 6), what should I go with for my apps2sd partition - ext4?

Is there any difference in speed, reliability etc?

I will put in a linux swap partition too but... same questions - does it make much/any difference?

A couple of small things - would be good to have the dates that you released each... er... release on the 1st post just so that peeps know when they came out, how new they are etc and where to reference in the thread for the relevant discussion on that particular release.

Second - would be good to have a *very* quick guide on the 1st post about your 'add-ons' eg ahb_overclocked, hw_ui etc - what they do and how to install (eg do you need to reboot each time) and if they all work independently of each other. It's clear now to me but it would just stop a lot of people asking the same questions over and over. Obviously StevenHarper's amazing guide is out there too for the basics for idiots like me...

Finally, for the person / people who wanted the power widget enabled, I can def recommend Switch Pro. It costs but is well worth it. I have one touch controls for 3G, wifi, bluetooth, gps, screen rotate, google sync, screen brightness, screen lock, sd card mount, usb tether, silent/vibrate & airplane modes (+more) all one my main screen - you can instantly turn smartphone into dumbphone (or even just a mini tablet!) to save battery. Also, the brightness control can be tailored eg mine goes 10% -> 50% ->100% -> Auto.

Also I noticed SetCPU can have profiles eg to underclock processor when phone sleeping or when battery gets less than a defined % so you can preserve battery life - just wanted to mention.

Big Thanks, Noli

Really? It's perfectly correct 'HH:MM' format on mine...

RLS6 straight from RLS5 without wipe, Frankish's Gingerbread w/ black menus w/o batt% theme.

I did the same but this is just wrong. Also in the top bar or what ever it is (where is signal indicator, 3g sign and other stuff and clock) the clock is "HH.MM", not "HH:MM" like it should be and what it was before.

No one else have this problem?

Edited by Oyorf

I did the same but this is just wrong. Also in the top bar or what ever it is (where is signal indicator, 3g sign and other stuff and clock) the clock is "HH.MM", not "HH:MM" like it should be and what it was before.

It is related to the language. If I change to Finnish (Suomi), time is indicated as HH.MM. English displays correctly HH:MM.

Suomi-translation is greatly missing from the menus, only very few words are translated.

Guest punkmilitia
Hi guys,

could anybody tell me how to install the gps fix? have i to install the rom completly new ?

thx

Just install it the same way you installed the rom.

Guest IronDoc
also just a query.. how do i get the original zte lockscreen ( chinese version ? )- the one on Pauls mcr froyo r3 - on this one, .. any help would be highly appreciated

thanks.

I'd talk to Frankish (or Paul if you can get his attention) about this. I don't think it's a very easy fix.

Edited by IronDoc

It is related to the language. If I change to Finnish (Suomi), time is indicated as HH.MM. English displays correctly HH:MM.

Suomi-translation is greatly missing from the menus, only very few words are translated.

Thanks, changed to English and clock is perfect now.

Guest spvnexus

Hi, first time I have installed this rom and I'm very impressed. Only thing I've really noticed us the signal strength icon and the exceptionally long name for o2 :D I gather neither of these can be fixed easy.

Many thanks and keep up the good work!!

Guest kallt_kaffe

Stock Jellyfish or a theme? What language are you using. It could be different on different translations. (Mine show HH:MM)

EDIT: Nevermind... Continued reading and it's a translation error. I could propably fix that for the next release.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest Presci3nt

Right,

Been doing some further testing on battery life.

Still on RLS5 (note)

With data connection turned off for most of the time, I have managed 24 hours and only dropped to 77% (rapid drop from 98% to 80% after 30 mins data / web earlier today)

It actually went 12 hours with only a 2% drop overnight. This is compared to loosing 30% the night before with data connection on although no services active. In either case sync, wifi etc etc is turned off.

With data connection off, this battery life is pretty good and it seems the phone is sleeping.

With data connection on, battery life is very poor even if sync is turned off and apps arn't running.

Battery drain with apps but no data connection seems the same as 2.1. Battery life with apps, gps, data seems to flatten the phone in 1.5 hours.

I tried wifi tethering before my charge yesterday and this killed the phone in 1.5 hours.

Whilst I don't expect huge life from the battery under heavy use (Angry Birds could drain a 2.1 OS phone in 3-4 hours) something as part of the data connection is causing the phone high usage. Is it possible the phone in 2.2 is continually searching for HSDPA/3G/GPRS signal and not sleeping.

3G web browsing could drain my old Sony Ericsson W980 & c510 in 6-8 hours so 3G battery drain is nothing new when actively using the data

Hi, this rom is getting better every day!

All my problems with previous releases are now gone!

But I still have the same old problem that brought me to 2.2: "bluetooth voice dialing". I pair my bluetooth car kit to the phone, press the call button and nothing happens! It should activate voice dialing on the phone! If i long-press it then the phone redials.

Anyone knows how to activate Froyo's voice dial function?

Note: voice dial is NOT Google Voice Search! They are different things. Voice dial function works offline while Googles app needs an internet connection.

Btw, i think that the current "lite" releases are great but it should have the stock Filer app. Every OS comes with a basic set of apps + a file explorer.

Keep up the good work!

I've found the app that handles Froyo's Voice Dialing function! It's the "VoiceDialer.apk".

kallt_kaffe, can you find this file in your sources?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by pxpto

I tried using logcat to see if there were any errors printed out when you attempt to add facebook sync under the accounts & sync menu.

This is all I got out though: http://pastebin.com/LbSUU0ni

Somebody mentioned that the fix in Flibblesans ROM was that he switched out SmartDialer to the stock dialer. I went through his update.zip but couldn't find any Dialer.apk. Only Phone.apk and Contacts.apk. I assume these are all related. Does anybody know how to switch to the default dialer?

I tried using logcat to see if there were any errors printed out when you attempt to add facebook sync under the accounts & sync menu.

This is all I got out though: http://pastebin.com/LbSUU0ni

Somebody mentioned that the fix in Flibblesans ROM was that he switched out SmartDialer to the stock dialer. I went through his update.zip but couldn't find any Dialer.apk. Only Phone.apk and Contacts.apk. I assume these are all related. Does anybody know how to switch to the default dialer?

I've been asking this for a while on this thread, and got nowhere. I presume it's not an easy fix. You're right in stating there's no Dialer.apk. It's linked in with the Contact's app as another tab, and copying over the apk files from Flibble's rom doesn't work.

Edited by cobhc

Thinking about the signal bar problem:

Maybe people could install Real Signal (http://www.appbrain.com/app/real-signal/kenyu73.realsignal). That would show the bars on the right side of the status bar and details in the notification area. I couldn't find an app to replace the broken indicator 1:1, but that was the closest thing to it. Or you can install the Signal Strength Widget or Mobile Signal Widget. Which are a way more beautiful way to display the signal strength.

There is also the "Signal Status Bar" which shows the -db in the status bar. But the ad free version isn't free (sadly).

Edited by _amano

Guest tangelis

Can you please enable "PPP over Ethernet" in the kernel?

It is the CONFIG_PPPOE creates modules: pppox, pppoe, pppox, pppoe

I try to use PPTP VPN and I get the following error(with adb logcat):

I/mtpd ( 7837): Creating PPPoX socket

F/mtpd ( 7837): Socket() Address family not supported by protocol

It seems it need the pppox module.