[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Arr Too
It is related to the language. If I change to Finnish (Suomi), time is indicated as HH.MM. English displays correctly HH:MM.

The irony here is that HH.MM is actually the 'proper' English way of writing a time. HH:MM is American, although it is used throughout technology in the UK, so is probably taking over.

Guest IronDoc
I'm on JJ and have the "Cell standby" issue, it can be as high as 50%..

So, I've been using PowerTutor for a while now and like others say, the "Radio subsystem" (Dialer, RIL...) together with "Kernel" are the two things consuming most battery (only when sleeping though, when on it's the screen). I don't know what's normal for android phones and I don't have any other phone to compare with...

Well here comes what I found interesting.. maybe.. The two doesn't consume battery because of CPU usage, but almost solely because of 3G usage. Both when screen is on and off, there seems to be irregular 30 seconds "connections", which actually uses a lot of battery. Though sometimes it goes a while between the uodates. Interestingly, I can't see that any data is actually transferred at these points (if you can rely on the notification icon...). If I turn off the mobile internet, they disappear; if I turn off autosync, they are still there...

Therefore I assume it's not the "turn to mute" thing spooking again. Maybe some kind of connection error, though only for the mobile internet? And I have full signal strength. If there would be an app updating (gmail, contacts, whatever), I guess that would be shown in powertutor... Maybe these connections are normal on android, just that it uses a lot of battery when connecting? I have very limited knowledge in these areas, so... Anybody has a theory or tried? Gibberish?

Reposting

Guest whatcolour

RLS2

Removed the CKPD-daemon

See that this was deleted in RLS2, but still present in RLS6. Does this mean it's added back and working as it should because of the new kernel? or it's there but simply not started?

I've tested the turn-to-mute function and it's working beautifully and doesn't seem to consume much battery life!

I ask because to me CKPD-daemon is the only "missing" component of a stock JJ rom (apart from the rather minor libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so)

Guest Autarch
Can you please enable "PPP over Ethernet" in the kernel?

It is the CONFIG_PPPOE creates modules: pppox, pppoe, pppox, pppoe

I try to use PPTP VPN and I get the following error(with adb logcat):

I/mtpd ( 7837): Creating PPPoX socket

F/mtpd ( 7837): Socket() Address family not supported by protocol

It seems it need the pppox module.

My colleague with a Nexus One (running Android 2.2.1) and a working PPTP VPN has

CONFIG_PPP=y
# CONFIG_PPP_MULTILINK is not set
# CONFIG_PPP_FILTER is not set
CONFIG_PPP_ASYNC=y
# CONFIG_PPP_SYNC_TTY is not set
CONFIG_PPP_DEFLATE=y
CONFIG_PPP_BSDCOMP=y
CONFIG_PPP_MPPE=y
# CONFIG_PPPOE is not set
# CONFIG_PPPOL2TP is not set
CONFIG_PPPOLAC=y
CONFIG_PPPOPNS=y
[/codebox]

in his config.gz

Could somebody please try compiling a kernel with these?

(I'm about to update from RLS4 to 6 so I'll see what KK's adding PPP has added by default).

Aha - he's got some of them already :D just missing CONFIG_PPP_ASYNC, CONFIG_PPPOLAC and CONFIG_PPPOPNS

I'm wondering why not having PPPOE works if what tangelis said is right?

Edited by Autarch

The irony here is that HH.MM is actually the 'proper' English way of writing a time. HH:MM is American, although it is used throughout technology in the UK, so is probably taking over.

HH:MM is "universal"

Guest mantokoski
Has anyone else noticed that the minimum setting that auto brightness will adopt is not the minimum brightness the screen can do? The auto brightness is working in regards to going brighter in bright light so the sensor is fine it just doesn't go as dark as it can in the dark.

Yes I have noticed. For me this is one of the best features of JapJelly RLS6. With Saunalahti stock rom, I didn't use the auto brigtness at all, because it went too dark in indoor use. Now it's better, meaning it's more like my Nokia E71.

Guest Cronnix

The popup telling there is no internet connection is really annoying, is it possible to add option to remove it? I think it is the ROM causing it, and not any app.

Guest heavyduty00

can someone please answer me, can you move apps to sd card if i have the rom 'Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS6.zip '

and what does this do? 'Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS6_hw_ui_zip (Addon to enable hardware accellerated UI'

does that just make your phone go 'a lot' faster??

also if i use titanium backup, can i still use it to restore contacts/text messages?

thanks very much!

i flash the hw accel but on quadrant is says max freq 806.4mhz

but it says current freq 600mhz

basically it shows that it is accelerated, but it doesn't run as fast as it could?

or does it. is quadrant lying? :D

plz help

thanks in advance

i flash the hw accel but on quadrant is says max freq 806.4mhz

but it says current freq 600mhz

Those are two different things. That hw accel packages enables the use of GPU to draw the UI.

You'll need some kind of program the increase the CPU max freq (setCPU for instance), if you want to overclock.

I installed this ROM today and I must say it's a huge improvement over Modaco Alpha 2.2! Thanks for that!

BUT I have one issue: Market doesn't list any Apps that weren't bought or installed via Market. Therefore I dont get updates for most of my apps, as I used the AppInstaller from xda forums to restore my apps after flashing.

Anyone else getting this?

Is there a way to make Market reinitialize all installed apps?

Guest cancunia

Hi, I'm having a problem loading RLS6 and hoped that someone can help - I'm currently using RLS4 with no problem, but when I try to install RLS6 via Clockwork 2.5.1.3 the zip file gets corrupted and reported by Clockwork as 'bad'. I've checked the zip before and after, it's fine to start and can browse using winrar but after attempting to load it's corrupted, same is true if the hardware ui file fwiw. Is there something special about the RLS6 file?

Thanks

can someone please answer me, can you move apps to sd card if i have the rom 'Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS6.zip '

Yes, go to menu/settings/applications/manage applications. If you select any app, there's the 'move to SD' button. If the app is not running, you can move it to SD.

and what does this do? 'Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS6_hw_ui_zip (Addon to enable hardware accellerated UI'

It enables the GPU to draw the UI. The UI feels smoother, you'll have to try it for yourself.

also if i use titanium backup, can i still use it to restore contacts/text messages?

I'm not sure, if I'm not mistaken I've read on the forum that TB is not really good for this.

I've been using MyBackup Root for this purpose, it was working fine.

Guest punkmilitia
The popup telling there is no internet connection is really annoying, is it possible to add option to remove it? I think it is the ROM causing it, and not any app.

I don't get that.

thanks very much!

Yes you can move them.

No, infact I found it made mine slower if anything.

I installed this ROM today and I must say it's a huge improvement over Modaco Alpha 2.2! Thanks for that!

BUT I have one issue: Market doesn't list any Apps that weren't bought or installed via Market. Therefore I dont get updates for most of my apps, as I used the AppInstaller from xda forums to restore my apps after flashing.

This is why I use AppBrain, very great website/app, every time I reformat my phone, just download that app and it restores everything all of my apps with no hassle.

Guest mmoalem

try mymarket or atrackdog which works in tandem with the original market and sort out updating of manually installed apps

Guest Carlos Abel Chavez Slim

I get this in RLS5.

Guest heavyduty00
Yes, go to menu/settings/applications/manage applications. If you select any app, there's the 'move to SD' button. If the app is not running, you can move it to SD.

It enables the GPU to draw the UI. The UI feels smoother, you'll have to try it for yourself.

I'm not sure, if I'm not mistaken I've read on the forum that TB is not really good for this.

I've been using MyBackup Root for this purpose, it was working fine.

ok i downloaded mybackup root..

do i just download it in the market after i install the rom to restore info?

I think you're talking about the pop-up "Connection not made" when you first boot... It's a guess but I think it's related to the Phone.apk, can anyone confirm?

Also I've got a problem with a missing lockscreen! Anyone else with this issue? It's not the ROM's fault (it's brilliant by the way Kaffe), but I've tinkered too much. Tried reflashing but no joy.

Guest jr866gooner

How would one install the touchpal keyboard like on 2.1? miss it like mad as got used to being able to text pretty quick!!

Thanks in advance

JrG

Guest Carlos Abel Chavez Slim
I get this in RLS5.

Yes, I came out of the Tube and I had to click five times to get rid of those messages (plus have a shower, but that's besides the point).

Edited by Carlos Abel Chavez Slim

Guest l_ninjo2

Great Job. Best Rom I have installed until today. Everything seems to run fine.How can I implement a further keyboard, e.g. the HTC (implemented in fillyjonk) ?

Guest petetownsend

I am having problems connecting via Wifi using WPA2 on my RLS6 powered Blade. My router is a Linksys WRT54G and connecting without encryption works without problems. The router is configured to only support g connections. I tried to use short passwords (8 characters) with letters and numbers only. Unfortunatly this did not work. The network is correctly listed and I can select it and insert my key. Having this done simply nothing happens, no error message.

I have read there have been some general issues with Froyo and WPA2 but I don´t know if that is what is causing my problem.

Any ideas?

Edited by petetownsend

Guest cancunia
Hi, I'm having a problem loading RLS6 and hoped that someone can help - I'm currently using RLS4 with no problem, but when I try to install RLS6 via Clockwork 2.5.1.3 the zip file gets corrupted and reported by Clockwork as 'bad'. I've checked the zip before and after, it's fine to start and can browse using winrar but after attempting to load it's corrupted, same is true if the hardware ui file fwiw. Is there something special about the RLS6 file?

Thanks

Still getting the problem after I installed Clockwork 2.5.1.8, am impressed that the screen is now the right way up though! Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can install RL4 no problem. I also discovered that after wiping the data / factory reset, the phone will still reboot to RLS4, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Help, thoughts, advice welcome.

Thanks