[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

ok i downloaded mybackup root..

do i just download it in the market after i install the rom to restore info?

Yes, sure. Obviously you'll have to make a backup first, which you can use to restore later.

I've been using it for backup and restore contacts/messages/call list only. I haven't tried it for apps.

Still getting the problem after I installed Clockwork 2.5.1.8, am impressed that the screen is now the right way up though! Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can install RL4 no problem. I also discovered that after wiping the data / factory reset, the phone will still reboot to RLS4, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

My only idea is to check which file you are using for Clockwork, it should be the RLS6.zip and not the RLS6_image.zip.

I can tell you that the RLS6.zip was working fine for me with the Clockwork 2.5.1.8.

Guest panteraz

Just installed RLS6 to try it.

I still face the same problems.

1. Signal is always full

2. Battery in five minutes from 87% went to 80%. It is terrible...

Guest BillBong

I've been trying this ROM for about a day and so far it seems pretty smooth but I haven't really noticed any real performance improvement from my previous 2.1 (Bladevillain) - although this may just be a matter of trying it for longer.

So far, issues I've had are :

- the internet connection not found pop-up is pretty frequent even when there is a connection, ie. if I "go back" one page and then click on the same link again the page appears instantly

- the battery life really is bad, I barely got 7 hours out of it using WiFi continuously and about 30 mins of 3G. My 2.1 lasted a whole day comfortably with a lot more usage of other apps.

The only other thing that bugs me is that MyLock doesn't work on the Froyos so I have to re-enter my pin every time I wake the phone up. Is there anything equivalent to MyLock for Froyo that keeps the security in place for the initial power-up but then just lets you access the homescreen with any key press?

Guest cartierv

So what's the picture here guys ? This is the ROM I wanted to install. That is minus 'Google DNS'.

People report good speeds but rubbish battery life and the battery problem doesn't seem to be locked down yet?

GPS isn't an issue for me as I don't use it.

What about stability ? Freezes, lock screen freezes etc.

What about the LEDs are they working 100% yet ?

Guest targetbsp

LED's work fine for me - though they behave differently when indicating charging than 2.1.

No lockscreen freezes.

My battery life is perfectly fine. Easily going days between charges on standby and seeming normal in use.

What's wrong with googles dns?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest tarpoon

I'm using RLS6 and my battery life has increased a lot.

Display is at low brightness, wlan disabled most of the time and 3G disabled all of the time.

Been browsing a little bit via wlan and had a few calls, battery dropped to 50% in 12 hours since plugging it out.

Tomorrow I will try out how it behaves when 3G is enabled.

Is youtube from browser working?

Edit: apologies if this had been answered, I'm using phone to enter this and it's a bit slow.

Edited by lixcab

+1

I have seen a significant improvement here also

+1 here aswell.

HW accel enabled and everything else disabled (BT, WiFi, 3G etc) most of the time except when I'm using the phone. I have lost only 6% in 7 hours. I figure with this usage (some facebooking, some bluetooth transferring, a few syncs) I will get well over 24 h. I predict something around 40-48 hours.

Since changing from Paul's Alpha 3 earlier today, I've noticed it's a longer battery life and better performance too I think, so thanks.

1 or 2 issues though, the first being the full signal (already mentioned) and the other is that since changing to this rom, my network is now called "Telefonica O2 UK Limited" whereas before it was just O2-UK, which looks nicer on both the lock screen and notification bar, any way to get it back?

Thanks

Edited by geldof

Guest rbbrslmn

just installed this today,. all seems good, HOWEVER, the screen doesnt seem to turn off automatically.. I've tried a few different settings for the timings

Guest julakali

I just migrated from Sebastians 404 2.1 and noticed jellyfish is a little slower (UI and response times).

I applied the HWUI patch, but opening the launcher is still a little laggy.

Also, i had an old (empty) ext Partition, which is now used as Apps2SD. Can i disable this to just use internal memory and the froyo Apps2SD?

(Maybe the performance issue is apps2sd related?)

Edited by julakali

Please put the old alarm clock back. Desk Clock is too bloated for simple alarms and the standard alarm had more control over how the alarm sounds.

I agree,however I've swapped them myself using adb for the time being.

Guest Ralph Martin
My colleague with a Nexus One (running Android 2.2.1) and a working PPTP VPN has

CONFIG_PPP=y
# CONFIG_PPP_MULTILINK is not set
# CONFIG_PPP_FILTER is not set
CONFIG_PPP_ASYNC=y
# CONFIG_PPP_SYNC_TTY is not set
CONFIG_PPP_DEFLATE=y
CONFIG_PPP_BSDCOMP=y
CONFIG_PPP_MPPE=y
# CONFIG_PPPOE is not set
# CONFIG_PPPOL2TP is not set
CONFIG_PPPOLAC=y
CONFIG_PPPOPNS=y
[/codebox]

Can we please also have CONFIG_PPPOL2TP for use with VPN?

Guest JBSCARFACE
A lot of users and I have already established that restoring system apps from a different ROM may result in FC because of incompatibility. I saw this myself for a number of times. I do think that OC is the main reason for the exagerated power drain and not the dialer. The same dialer is on Sebastian404's Froyo and my battery life has increased significantly over 2.1.

Delete two lib files from /system/lib which are libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so , restart and the sound will work. If you enable Stagefright, make sure to set true instead of false, excepting stagefright-http which should remain false. If you set it to true your HQ youtube videos will have a green bar at the top.

I mean there is black screen with sound no video when the game start! Youtube HD works fine!

Edited by JBSCARFACE

Guest Rotmann

Dudes this is stupid. How do you want to track down the problem if the majority only says: battery life sucks or battery life is perfect :D This ROM has several flavors. Please post if you have the image or the normal rom, if you have applied OC (if yes the parameters too) and HW_UI and so on. It would be a lot more helpful.

@JB, try that fix. It should work.

Edited by Rotmann

ditto!

good job kk!

+1 Battery life is better in RLS6. Not a drop in juice on standby (data on, wifi off, dynamic OC on) for few hours.

Please put the old alarm clock back. Desk Clock is too bloated for simple alarms and the standard alarm had more control over how the alarm sounds.

+1 Old Alarm clock seems better.

Homescreen (fading animation) still lags on start, UI scrolling lags on start but smoothes when doing continuous scrolling.

Though this is a small issue to me but just want to ask if this is because of the dynamic overclocking when the initial CPU state (245mhz) is ramping up clock speed (to mine set at 710mhz)?

But still, I must thank you, KK. You have done a very good job with RLS6!